High IQ, making friends and influencing people.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
You answered your own question; it has nothing to do with your IQ, and everything to do with being an introvert. Yes, you may have a high IQ, (I'll take your word on that), but a high IQ does not correlate with being anti-social, or socially stunted. Like most introverts, you prefer people in small doses, and value a few friendships over being everyone's best friend.

There are plenty of highly intelligent extroverts, and more than a few stupid introverts; IQ is irrelevant, and for the most part nonsense.

I think this is a large part of the puzzle. I do think IQ difference tends to allow you to see issues as a larger web and therefore create a certain amount of personal intolerance. I keep my thoughts to myself and don't openly create arguments in my life. I am constantly flat amazed at how little effort people put into learning anything new or useful intellectually.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not interested in socializing with people all that much, but when forced to do so, I'm funny/charming and have to then disappoint those people in the future when I constantly make up reasons to not hang out with them ever again. I took a Facebook IQ test and I almost got 100% on it!

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I'm not interested in socializing with people all that much, but when forced to do so, I'm funny/charming and have to then disappoint those people in the future when I constantly make up reasons to not hang out with them ever again. I took a Facebook IQ test and I almost got 100% on it!

Yeah it's a fucking burden having everyone love you and want to do things with you, when all you want is for 90% of the population to FOAD.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Generally in these discussions two fundamentally different concepts get confused: the ability to interact socially, and the desire to interact socially. Its important to make this distinction.

I think most intelligent people have the ability to interact socially. My confusion is how people cope with those interactions. Yes, I am introverted that's why in the OP I said I'm not looking for advise on making friends. I'm good with that part. I'm more asking if others feel a lack of desire because personal intolerance of lower IQ people begins to grow and pushes you to create distance? If that makes sense. On the flip to that I find my intolerance levels are much higher if someone is witty.

• 1Like

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>

Wow 100% that's amazing!!

• 1Like

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Do you think being a bartender might influence the intelligence of your daily personal conversations

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Saying that you make friends because you are a bartender is the same as saying you are great at hooking up... with hookers.

Having a friendship is simply having someone that you enjoy spending time with. You don't have to debate, just enjoy the company and the activities in common.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
There should be more tits in this thread.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You answered your own question; it has nothing to do with your IQ, and everything to do with being an introvert. Yes, you may have a high IQ, (I'll take your word on that), but a high IQ does not correlate with being anti-social, or socially stunted. Like most introverts, you prefer people in small doses, and value a few friendships over being everyone's best friend.

There are plenty of highly intelligent extroverts, and more than a few stupid introverts; IQ is irrelevant, and for the most part nonsense.

I have been introverted most of my life. I grew up in front of a TV or a computer. I made friends in school, but that was directly related to video games among other things. There was always a connection to latch on to. I was also senior management of my company, so making true friends of people at work was off limits. At least self-imposed off limits. Being friendly is one thing, but friends is something else. I never wanted to be put in a position where friendship would leverage a bad decision, so I would keep my distance.

Anyway, this all changed when I moved to Hawaii. I've always been a friendly person (that doesn't make a lot of friends). Now I have the opportunity to talk to EVERYONE, and there is never a hidden agenda. I'm not looking for anything from them, and hopefully they aren't looking for anything from me. We meet as equals, thus friends blossom. I'm really enjoying the social interaction I had previously hidden from. That said, I still have difficulty talking to people in "some" situations, and it's all my own shit getting in the way. Not the actual interactions themselves.

• 1Like

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
I have been introverted most of my life. I grew up in front of a TV or a computer. I made friends in school, but that was directly related to video games among other things. There was always a connection to latch on to. I was also senior management of my company, so making true friends of people at work was off limits. At least self-imposed off limits. Being friendly is one thing, but friends is something else. I never wanted to be put in a position where friendship would leverage a bad decision, so I would keep my distance.

Anyway, this all changed when I moved to Hawaii. I've always been a friendly person (that doesn't make a lot of friends). Now I have the opportunity to talk to EVERYONE, and there is never a hidden agenda. I'm not looking for anything from them, and hopefully they aren't looking for anything from me. We meet as equals, thus friends blossom. I'm really enjoying the social interaction I had previously hidden from. That said, I still have difficulty talking to people in "some" situations, and it's all my own shit getting in the way. Not the actual interactions themselves.

What island do you live on? I lived in Aiea, for 6 years and it's my favorite place to live. Aloha makes being friendly a necessity and I found it was very easy to be social in the islands. I also found people didn't really talk about serious stuff as much maybe it's an Asian cultural thing. They are very financially pragmatic and don't care about things outside of their immediate lives. Fuck, maybe I just don't like white people.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm on Oahu. And I came here because I wanted to be here, not because of military.

• 1Like

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
WAIS scores or gtfo.

normal_distribution.png

725px-The_Normal_Distribution.svg_.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like