High IQ, making friends and influencing people.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Can we please rename this thread to "the aspergers handbook"?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brad2770

I have always been under the impression that smart people don't need to brag or talk about their IQ.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Guys, being smart is a burden. I'm constantly talking down to Wakandans just because they wouldn't understand my intellectual superiority.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
pcl_0001_0002_0_img0110.jpg

• 2Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm very introverted which, in the past, used to bug me because I felt like something was wrong with me. I kept feeling like I should try and be more social. But, a few years ago I took a Myer's Brigg personality test which categorized me as an INTJ. It was at that point I realized that, hey, the "way" I am is simply my personality type and not due to something being "wrong".

I genuinely enjoy my time alone and I've never felt lonely (don't have a girlfriend nor do I want one). I enjoy talking to people at work and we often go out for lunch or a movie but that's the extent of my desire to spend time with them. Most everyone likes me and I seriously doubt anyone thinks I'm an asperger weirdo.

• 2Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, this whole thread is just describing life as an introvert. Message boards are full of introverts. They are also full of INTJ's. INTJ's are supposed to be like 2% of the general population but when people do personality tests on boards I participate in they come up like 15-20% (I am one as well). I don't think IQ has anything to do with it.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If you got such a high IQ how come you can't figure out to make friends. Dumb

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I guess I did it wrong. I'm not saying I have a high IQ, but while sick I went thru a lot of stuff my mom saved and apparently in middle school I took an IQ test and she said she didn't show me on purpose lol.

I always figured it was better to be in a posistion to hire/fire people than worry about making friends.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It was so low that she felt you would become an hero, not realizing that you wouldn't even understand what the numbers meant?

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
She said I was too smart for my own good lol. I remember taking test but I thought it was for the gifted program and I decided I didn't want to go hang out with those people on another campus. My parents never pushed me to do anything.

The people I consider really smart are smart from a practical stand point. Not really book learning or the ability to solve a math problem that has no real world implications for most people.