His Dark Materials

Xevy

Log Wizard
'I'm just a scientist' guy got wrecked by Gypsy mom.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
I’m loving this show. I somehow forget about it every week and then on Sunday nights my Wife reminds me and I celebrate.

A little bit rushed in places but much prefer that to episodes of filler.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Really looking forward to seeing how they leave Will's story at the end of the season.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This show is pretty good. That bear is badass. I didn’t read the books but my oldest is loving it as well. He now wants to read the books.

This is way better than Watchmen.

Ya I agree, I started binge watching Watchmen this weekend after the raving on this board and after 3 episodes its... alright? Not bad, not great just ok? Hoping it gets better because at the moment I'm just not invested in it at all.

Like this show though, knowing nothing about the books as well and I'm interested to find out wtf is going on. Good production values as well.

• 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
This may be the best thing I've seen on HBO. Unlike The Mandalorian, this series gets better and better with each episode. This episode was chilling and absolutely terrifying. I can't remember a show that had me as tuned in to every second of each episode as this does. Dafne Keen (Lyra) is a stunning actress. She is amazing and knocks it out of the park as the series heroine/lead. Lin-Manuel Miranda (Lee Scoresby) is the weak link in terms of acting...

But holy shit is this show great.! If you're not watching it; you should be. Please HBO-- keep this up. I remember how strong Game of Thrones was for the first season too-- but that show shit the bed hard by season 4.

At least "His Dark Materials" has a completed text to follow.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Way back when, before I watched a lot of HBO, I always said that child parts should be played by dwarfs, but HBO seems to have a talent for finding decent children to fill their roles. At the very least, I cant recall any child actors being so bad, as to break immersion, from The Sopranos until now.

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
Loving how they've imagined the witches so far.

The way Serafina swooped down and took out the entire courtyard was pretty badass.

• 1Solidarity

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'm so glad I don't read books because I have no idea what's going on and this shit is intense. I was on the edge of my couch with this latest episode. The cgi is fucking insane and it almost seems real. I want to hang out with some mother fucking talking bears.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm so glad I don't read books because I have no idea what's going on and this shit is intense. I was on the edge of my couch with this latest episode. The cgi is fucking insane and it almost seems real. I want to hang out with some mother fucking talking bears.
I read the books and I AM SO HYPED. There's gonna be some plot twists :)

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Yeah, the bears are really, really well done. That shit looks real.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Five episodes in so far, and while I was very excited for this... It's been fairly boring. Every looks great, but the story is just kind of meandering through. Seems like the last three episodes have potential for some "darker" or "mature" turns, that lead to some excitement. The lady and I are certainly going to finish the season, but slightly disappointed so far.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Five episodes in so far, and while I was very excited for this... It's been fairly boring. Every looks great, but the story is just kind of meandering through. Seems like the last three episodes have potential for some "darker" or "mature" turns, that lead to some excitement. The lady and I are certainly going to finish the season, but slightly disappointed so far.
Episode 6-8 are great. 6 and 7 in particular are faster paced and 8 has your dark mature turn.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Good season finale. Definitely a dark turn but I figured something shitty was going to happen. Something to push it into next season. It certainly achieved that and more.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
6-8 was certainly better, still found it slightly boring unfortunately. I'd be in for another season. It looks fantastic though, do have to give it that.

• 1Solidarity