History of FoH

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
There's no such thing as a clean break after something like that. She'll be lucky to stay out of prison and eek out only a slightly miserable existence. Being a useful human being within support groups and working some shitty jobs is probably the highest of possibilities. These sort of life-failures makes things even more difficult than they were when they made their initial fall, and core personality traits that lead to stuff like that do not change.

As someone who deals with ex-cons in half way houses everyday, I can tell you there are good programs to help folks get structure and rebuild into a normal low tier existence and stay clean and out of the can. biggest factor for not staying a fuck up is usually age, when they come out at 40+ yrs old they have more hindsight and see everything they lost and have a much better chance of straightening up and flying right.

Interestingly one of the big things that derails ex-con addicts is Christmas. they see a bunch of their shitty family, they visit old friends who were also shitbags. they go to a party and think they can handle having one drink, by news years they are sucking dick for hard drugs and not showing up at work or for their PO. I have 4 ex-cons working for me atm, all of them have a few years sober, all are now out of half way houses and in sober living facilities, experience tells me at least 1 will backslide and end up in prison by the first week in January. It's just how it goes. I have one kid now awaiting a murder trial from his Christmas backslide last year, his trial starts in Jan, he will be going to prison for life, he is 26.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
As someone who deals with ex-cons in half way houses everyday, I can tell you there are good programs to help folks get structure and rebuild into a normal low tier existence and stay clean and out of the can. biggest factor for not staying a fuck up is usually age, when they come out at 40+ yrs old they have more hindsight and see everything they lost and have a much better chance of straightening up and flying right.

Interestingly one of the big things that derails ex-con addicts is Christmas. they see a bunch of their shitty family, they visit old friends who were also shitbags. they go to a party and think they can handle having one drink, by news years they are sucking dick for hard drugs and not showing up at work or for their PO. I have 4 ex-cons working for me atm, all of them have a few years sober, all are now out of half way houses and in sober living facilities, experience tells me at least 1 will backslide and end up in prison by the first week in January. It's just how it goes. I have one kid now awaiting a murder trial from his Christmas backslide last year, his trial starts in Jan, he will be going to prison for life, he is 26.

I grew up around a fair number of ex-cons and I have a couple friends in the same boat, and my experiences with them are pretty much what you're describing as well. There's potential and opportunity, but it's limited, and they never seemed to shake being haunted by what happened, even if they managed to keep it together. The moment that things get low (impossible to avoid) the draw to just give in to the lifestyle is too strong for most.

These people were flawed to begin with, and the burden of their actions and the subsequent consequences are just too damn much for a broken person to overcome.

Maybe she can distract herself from her sorrows when she gets out by poopsocking Pantheon

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Wasn’t Furor a nurse? Or am I misremembering?

I played a LOT of EQ but I was never able to figure out how people could dedicate the kind of time required to be top tier.

Maybe they were just very efficient.

I was in a couple of big guilds on Bristlebane (Club Fu and Arch Overseers.)

Even at 23-24 or whatever I was when I quit during PoP raiding was too boring and repetitive and time consuming to do hardcore anymore. Took too much time commitment away from life.

Club Fu’s leader (Pouty) was best I could tell / remember a jobless fucking zero aspie who was like mid thirties and lived with his grandmother or something. Not saying every guild leader was like that, but a lot of the hardcore raiders weren’t exactly the most successful people. No way you can play 12-15 hours a day and have any semblance of a real life. Again not saying everyone played that much.

At least Vabeker / Vabtoo owned a computer store in Australia or whatever it was. That dude could actually communicate at least and didn’t seem like a sperg.

One of the things that actually turned me off a lot in EQ’s high end was the weirdo uber nerds who clearly didn’t have all their marbles / lacked empathy / couldn’t communicate/ had no sense of humor / aspies, etc.

I specifically remember we had a paladin named Harry whose wife told him she was going to divorce him if he didn’t stop playing and he did in fact quit. You heard stuff like that on occasion.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Club Fu’s leader (Pouty) was best I could tell / remember a jobless fucking zero aspie who was like mid thirties and lived with his grandmother or something. Not saying every guild leader was like that, but a lot of the hardcore raiders weren’t exactly the most successful people. No way you can play 12-15 hours a day and have any semblance of a real life. Again not saying everyone played that much.
I remember Pouty, but only because of the text gibberish. I remember one page (no idea if it still exists or not) that was dozens of screencaps of just Poutese (Poutyese?).

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I remember Pouty, but only because of the text gibberish. I remember one page (no idea if it still exists or not) that was dozens of screencaps of just Poutese (Poutyese?).

Yeah, he was known for just typing really fast during heated encounters and saying nonsensical things.

That much is forgivable, the guy was just a total aspie. I don’t recall the dude having any discernible sense of humor or ever really demonstrating much personality, really giving a shit about anyone, etc. Weird dude altogether. Makes me wonder whatever happened to him.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Thanks Fury and Ascent. Vindication and... I forget the second tier Alliance guild, were heavy producers as well for the gate opening. I can't remember if Ascent were some hardcore EQ folks or not, but I know Vindication was made of a lot of old Seekers of Norrath from the Ro's. Medivh was kind of stacked, looking back. Wasn't Kungen from Fury also part of a bunch of EU/World firsts?

I just remember Conquest leaking strats for everything in WoW and FoH falling behind hard after MC. Could be wrong though!

Ascent was an EQ Guild on Maelin Starpyre..Man the PoP days were interesting. They were bottom feeders then. You originally had Crimson Tempest, then Remedy, then Infinite Vision, then Ascent.

Eventually Remedy folded and was absorbed mostly by IV, who made a push to go after CT. Eventually IV folded shortly after GoD release, and thats when Ascent began their Ascent. Not sure whatever happened to CT.

I know Ascent had the best goddamn bard in the game tho. Tounces, where the fuck you at homie? You clicking fuck, I still owe you lunch at Chilis from when you flew down to try and bang my sister.

EDIT: I hope you got it in

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm half tempted to dump a bunch of old FOH stuff, but I dunno how motivated I am today.

Coffee & TV, LOL

Kind of weird how this turned out, decades later.

Lic1CJ8.jpg

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I'm half tempted to dump a bunch of old FOH stuff, but I dunno how motivated I am today.

Coffee & TV, LOL

Kind of weird how this turned out, decades later.

Lic1CJ8.jpg

is Furor referring to Lori?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes there was a short time when we weren't allowed to make fun of her or you'd get a ban from The Black Hand.

EDIT: I believe the IRC log is about the image with Furor putting Lori's pussy on a pedestal.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone have the Drunk Driver Alien photoshop?

Erronius Erronius ?

The one that says "some turn into fucking aliens".

I know which one you're talking about: lady who was the burn victim. And I thought I had it, but I just spent 30m looking for it with no luck. Which is odd, because I feel like I've gone through this before looking for specifically that pic.

Fucking aliens...

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean it's in the top right of that pic you posted, but it's still the first hit on google:

not-everyone-who-gets-hit-by-a-drunk-driver-dies-4008341.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users