History of FoH

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, he was known for just typing really fast during heated encounters and saying nonsensical things.

That much is forgivable, the guy was just a total aspie. I don’t recall the dude having any discernible sense of humor or ever really demonstrating much personality, really giving a shit about anyone, etc. Weird dude altogether. Makes me wonder whatever happened to him.

Pouty probably still plays.

I love the stories from that server... Brohamijiarnimorinar still gets me every time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Erollisi Marr had like, all the random family guilds on the server band together to attempt to raid fear one weekend.

I was one of a half dozen dudes doing Corpse Recovery for basically 72 hours, broken up by meals, sleep, and a Magic tournament, while they continuously wiped to trash, added new people to the group, had old people drop, and didn't get anywhere. Every time we'd get everyone their corpses, some idiot who'd never been there before would zone in, aggro things, then run them to the safe spot and rekill everyone but the rogues and monks. Every time I logged back in "Hey, we still need help with dragging corpses..."

Ridiculous "community driven" clusterfuck.
if you were a Shriner then i was at that pickup Fear raid. i attended back when i was running my own guild and i was invited by the guys in Midnight Sojourn to come buff and debuff the raid. Trillium must have learned raiding by watching Da`Kor do it legit and decided he had it all figured out. *spoilers*, he didnt.
he had all of us run in, assuming we would all zone in at the same time and know where to go based on his nonverbal communication. when i zoned in i got walloped by a huge mass of baddies instantly. this basically kept happening. people kept zoning in with no clue to get their corpse and would die over and over again. my old friend Areosa went from 50 to 45 that day. we eventually got word that Tarsis Shriners was going to pop in Fear and sort it out for us. we all logged to chat and several hours later we were told to log in and be ready for rezzes. when it was my turn for rez i took my rez, said thanks accepted my 2 level loss of exp and swore i would never have anything to do with Midnight Sojourn again. you Shriners gave me shit for being with that raid for forever. i had to work my ass off to live down that bad rep. i think you still thought i was a scrub, but some i made friends with.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Every server did that though. There just weren’t many servers when EQ started.

Chuk were you around when Da’Kor did that for folks on Ero Marr. There was a guy named Nazeth who helped me do tons of stuff for no reason and I paid it forward later.

We also helped break camps. All sorts of shit. People weren’t default assholes until the Zeks came out or progression was affected by over population.

Damn refugees.
sure, i joined DK in the fall of 2000, but i had been running with them in groups and raids for most of Kunark. i never intentionally fucked anybody over, never stole camps, but i got the rep anyway when i joined up with them. DK ran afoul of some other guilds, but that was mainly due to us poaching members from their guilds. something i was very guilty of. i had friends in other guilds and i wanted them with me.

that aside we only fucked with one guild on the server and they had declared war on us, so we decided to dismantle them. and we did.

-edit
as the server got older, by say 2002, players started getting sick of their old guilds and began to quit the game, maybe it was also due to Luclin being a suckfest for the average joe. anyway, we started getting lots of apps from oldschoolers who were looking to us to give them something new and better. it didnt matter that we never reached out to those people, we got blamed like crazy for "stealing" them away. one guy was so chastised from his old guild for leaving that he had to reroll his character from a monk to a cleric in order to escape the shitstorm. whatever it was DK/Magister got blamed for it. a bunch of guilds were fighting over naggy and vox, we got blamed because somebody saw a Magister cleric in the zone so they assumed he soloed it with "uber loot". we hadnt touched those encounters in years, but it didnt matter, we were stealing from people. whenever we traveled somewhere on the way to a raid or i was just soloing or hanging with friends, i would get tells from people asking me why i was in this zone and why do i need that shit name mob's loot? ""our guild was going for it. how dare you??!!" it was funny at first, but eventually we all just went anon 24/7.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
when i started on Noows and then hanging on #fires. i realized that Furor wasnt much different than my own guild leader. a lot of people gave him shit, but you really cant have a good guild without a furor type to tell you what to fucking do.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nah, only Emarr folks I ever talk to anymore are Leaden and Tallanor. Different hobbies, different directions post-EQ. Doesn't help that I wasted the last expansion or two before WoW raiding with people I barely knew or gave a shit about in order to actually do progression.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nah, only Emarr folks I ever talk to anymore are Leaden and Tallanor. Different hobbies, different directions post-EQ. Doesn't help that I wasted the last expansion or two before WoW raiding with people I barely knew or gave a shit about in order to actually do progression.
yeah i only have a few guildies on facebook i keep in touch with.

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
when i started on Noows and then hanging on #fires. i realized that Furor wasnt much different than my own guild leader. a lot of people gave him shit, but you really cant have a good guild without a furor type to tell you what to fucking do.
Sure you can, but it would result in a smaller guild. Quality > quantity, unfortunately a lot of stuff later on you needed the large raid forces.

• 2Like

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Was the same homies who were on our server in Rift and were real salty about us getting dem firsts. Im pretty sure you remember that release and good times. Their guildleader had a really recognizable name, they were pretty popular in EQ.

the 3 leaders were pretty well known, thott/tabin/hobben i got lucky in EQ having one of the first max lvl beastlords was an easy in, i didnt stick around long in WoW though rolling on cenarius a pve server was kinda lame.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sure you can, but it would result in a smaller guild. Quality > quantity, unfortunately a lot of stuff later on you needed the large raid forces.
my guild in its "golden age" only had like 29-31 active members at one time. if we needed big numbers we would 2 and sometimes 3 box. if we had more active members than that i dont think it could have been feasible for very long. you can only herd so many kittens.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Chukzombi Chukzombi I missed it. Who were you? Not putting you on blast, just trying to remember who was with Jaytee, Talanon and myself??

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Once upon a time you needed a guild of 4-600 of moderately active players just to field a 40 man raid.... Times, they are a changin'...

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Chukzombi Chukzombi I missed it. Who were you? Not putting you on blast, just trying to remember who was with Jaytee, Talanon and myself??
i was Chukzombi, Da`Kor/Magister shaman on the Emarr server, Koryo was our guild leader. Emarr, myself and my guild was mentioned in this thread, so i added my 2 coppers.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
On Innoruuk there were like three good guilds and the rest were leagues behind; not even comparable. But one of those three maintained a pruned list to keep their numbers down, when everybody was taking 30-40 people on raids, they were doing 14, 12, 16.
Pickings were tough.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Didn't someone from FOH sign up for & attend a "world-record breaking anal gangbang event" around 2003 or something?

I only remember that because it was hilarious and I signed up 2 virgin friends IRL for it. One got an invite.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Once upon a time you needed a guild of 4-600 of moderately active players just to field a 40 man raid.... Times, they are a changin'...

I remember us throwing about 125 people at Rallos Zek in PoP just so we could get to the elemental planes. Probably the biggest clusterfuck I had seen in the game since waking the sleeper in terms of bodies.

• 2Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Didn't someone from FOH sign up for & attend a "world-record breaking anal gangbang event" around 2003 or something?

I only remember that because it was hilarious and I signed up 2 virgin friends IRL for it. One got an invite.

Please be true.

• 1Like