Hogwarts Legacy

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is fun. The combat can be cheesed with some kiting and bullshit tactics. But it is motive and fun if you don't expliot the shit out of it. One dude coined it as ranged fencing, and yeah it kinda has a nice ebb and flow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Warner Brothers really should turn this into something like GTA Online. It would be massive and make them billions.

Completely agree. Let you pick wizarding professions in an open online world. Have missions similar to gta/rdr. Let there be areas where you can fight other nerds.

--

My main gripes with the game 30 some odd hours in is the low effort reused assets in the random dungeons/puzzles etc., but they don't really do shit other than give gear to vendor or random cosmetic crap I'll never likely never look at. I think the difficulty could be ramped up some as well as ive been coasting through on hard so far but I've found some things like arena battles can be legitimately challenging and forced me to get used to using items to clear them easier. Pleasantly surprised at the quality of the game as I didnt have it on my radar at all. I actually want to explore things. Only one time my game froze while loading, but otherwise it's been super smooth on PC and I've been using controller for superior gameplay.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just got the room of requirements, then I spent like 45 minutes decorating it.

I love it, very solid game.

It’s so refreshing to have a game without a cash shop and have tons of cosmetics to find in the game while playing.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
About 38 hours in and I think I've got 4 main quests to go. Saw someone say they did it all in 18 hours, with like 2/3 of the side quests. No idea how. I guess they didn't get lost in the castle as much as I did.

I'm at 2/3 of the challenges done. Feel like there's a boat load of stuff to do still. Having a real bitch of a time finding all the field guides and chests. It did finally dawn on me about 30 hours in the best way to find the field guides and I felt like a moron when it clicked.

Third trial was vastly different from the first two and pretty cool. Also exposed me to yet another new part of the castle.

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!

Scooby

Trakanon Raider
Been playing this on the Xbox Series X all day and its a really good game. Playing with raytracing on and I very rarely run into any choppyness, if you can stand playing @ 30fps I highly recomend turning raytracing on. I'm not a hard core Harry Potter fan, seen the movies , but never read the books and I still find it enjoyable.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I just got the room of requirements, then I spent like 45 minutes decorating it.

I love it, very solid game.

It’s so refreshing to have a game without a cash shop and have tons of cosmetics to find in the game while playing.

Based

• 1Truth!

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Bleh, opened a big chest with my inventory full and now it’s stuck open but is still glowing. I don’t even care about the lost loot, but having it pop up with Revelio still is frustrating. There any fixes for this? Tried reloading, etc. sadly I didn’t have a save to go back to.

• 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I got a good one I'm gonna post in SJW thread that I found on Steam, snipped it before it is erased

Edit: it got erased within 2 mins, damn im quick on the snips

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Its definitely formulaic in terms of open world games of the past decade. But it nails atmosphere and the puzzles and combat are all generally enjoyable.

Seems like a lot of this game really did start out as the bones for an MMO that later became a single player game.
And will one day be reborn as an MMO, because then they can sell subs.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Managed to make a really attractive character, then I load up the game and she's dressed like Mary Poppins.

Any sexy outfits in this game?

At least Elden Ring had the Deathbed Dress.

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Scooby

Trakanon Raider
Managed to make a really attractive character, then I load up the game and she's dressed like Mary Poppins.

You do realize your charcter is like 14 years old.... nevermind

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

wooop.jpg

I look like bane's homeless alter ego. I didn't think I'd enjoy this game too much, but damn, they reallly reallly went all in on making hogwarts just straight up fun to explore. I'm digging running around, finding all the hidden areas, seeing all the cool sights. They could have left out the whole rest of the game and I'd still be enjoying it. Reminds me of my old days way long ago playing muds, where there'd just be secrets within secrets within secrets.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Seems pretty clear that they couldn't get the Quidditch game right which is why its "suspended" in the story.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Play this game long enough as a female character and its inevitable that you'll end up looking like some hippie grandma from Venice Beach.

• 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Double Worf