House of the Dragon

Izo

Tranny Chaser
i know people hate everything, but I am really enjoying this.
John Candy Reaction GIF

... but what about the tv show HotD?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's actually really good. It's firmly in 8/10 territory right now. If they slow down a bit for season 2 then it'll be a 9/10.

The black characters keep dying lol, so it isn't even woke.
i still cant wrap my head around including Joggerians other than to be "inclusive". if it ends well i may binge the whole thing in a day. if i dont, then its ok.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
signing game of thrones GIF by SYFY
masturbation prostate cancer GIF by Team Coco

Are...are you edging with a tv show?
lol, i had to look that word up. i dunno what that means in this show's context, but i dont care about spoilers because a well written show should have quality performances so even if everyone knows if that dragon/wyvern is going to hit an iceberg, you still give a shit if Aegon saves Rhianna by putting her on a door in the north Atlantic.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Someone said this earlier, but having the black people actually helped make things a little easier to follow, truth be told.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I still don't get that "advantage" since the hair color already made it crystal clear they were bastards, but I'll give them this, they are at least using the out of nowhere black Valeryans in a way that is consistent with, and for some viewers enhances, the existing story instead of taking away from it.

Its funny that none of the dialogue has mentioned skin color directly, while they've mentioned hair color tons of times. Its like they couldnt decide what to call black people in this setting so they avoid mentioning it even when they could have used it to their advantage.

spronk

FPS noob
#TeamGreen celebrate, Daeron is not written out of the show but will come in season 2

HOTD_Daemon.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
i still cant wrap my head around including Joggerians other than to be "inclusive". if it ends well i may binge the whole thing in a day. if i dont, then its ok.
Them being black actually makes the plot way better when theoretically half black babies come out white lol.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I find it more distracting in shit like Rings. You've got the same exact community of 50-100 (?) or so Harfoots wandering around for hundreds of years and somehow different racial phenotypes are sustaining themselves instead of being bred out and homogenized.

The show's good. It's a lot better than the S8 holocaust and Paddy acted his fucking ass off. My only beef is the continued emphasis on the Song of Ice and Fire aspect when we as an audience all know it goes down like a wet fart.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
For me, the show is about a 7/10. It has some really uneven pacing.

The last episode was solid right until the shit end. Their need to tie in GoT is an unnecessary gimmick and only harms the story and characters. Instead of the two women having to choose between their ambitions and peace/motherhood, it gives them a super easy out of thinking they're both doing the right thing no matter the cost. It simplifies and negates the tension that previously existed.

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I gotta' hand it to Paddy Considine and the visual effects team. That decrepit King was making me extremely uncomfortable the entire episode. I wanted to smother that mf just to put him out of his misery. Shit is about to go down now.

this episode was my least liked so far.
Resign GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
all I know is I've fallen asleep multiple times watching lord of the rings, but not house of dragons (even though I don't think it's that good)

at least it's engaging enough

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
One of my favorite characters is Rhaenys. I just like her onscreen presence. In a previous episode she argues with her own husband, all but calling her grandkids bastards and that her daughter should take over driftmark.

Now she thinks her son is dead, taking away the last good argument her husband had for keeping the status quo, but then she flips the script and supports the kid she KNOWS is a bastard?? I got the impression she had a loyalty to the Driftmark blood line, but now she
knowingly makes a decision to extinguish it as the ruling line of that fiefdom.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
One of my favorite characters is Rhaenys. I just like her onscreen presence. In a previous episode she argues with her own husband, all but calling her grandkids bastards and that her daughter should take over driftmark.

Now she thinks her son is dead, taking away the last good argument her husband had for keeping the status quo, but then she flips the script and supports the kid she KNOWS is a bastard?? I got the impression she had a loyalty to the Driftmark blood line, but now she
knowingly makes a decision to extinguish it as the ruling line of that fiefdom.
didn't the tranny promise to wed the bastard and one of her noggy grandkids?

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
I gotta' hand it to Paddy Considine and the visual effects team. That decrepit King was making me extremely uncomfortable the entire episode. I wanted to smother that mf just to put him out of his misery. Shit is about to go down now.

HOTD_Zombie_Viserys.jpg

52 years old in show

• 1Solidarity