House of the Dragon

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh man.....

What the fuck. Is the leadership at HBO inbred too?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1661169111621.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I would have much rather seen a show set in Old Valyria with Rome-like machinations and magic etc. Its a shame that other pilot failed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
According to behind the scenes they needed some Game of Thrones action so tossed in a joust. Haha.

The show looks nice but is kind of boring and they did an absolutely shit job introducing the characters. I know nothing about any of them and care even less. Hopefully they turn it around in the next episode or two. Otherwise I'm out.
Wow is it not in the books?

At the very least it should be replacing less interesting scenes building thouse characters right?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I would have much rather seen a show set in Old Valyria with Rome-like machinations and magic etc. Its a shame that other pilot failed.
thats what i thought this was going to be, i thought this was set long before GoT, how Valyria fell and it showed their first ventures into Westeros and all the crazy shit that took place.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ExPatriot

This is the end...
<Gold Donor>
Just finished watching it - is it really as bad as it seemed to me or am I just too picky?

Juvarisx

Florida
Just finished watching it - is it really as bad as it seemed to me or am I just too picky?

I'd say picky, go watch a non highlight episode from season 5 on of GoT (like don't compare it do Battle of the Bastards). It was better written, people didn't teleport and there was more or less a cohesive story going on. If you can ignore diversity for the sake of it (did anyone spot the Asian birthing nurse?), I think this is probably going to turn into a pretty okay show, maybe even a good one if Matt Smith keeps it up.

I liked that Hightower hand of the king too, hes going to be an asshole

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
jesus christ all these years later and people are still arguing about whether Dany was crazy from the start.

Her whole arc begins with whether or not she will be like Rhaegar or the Mad King, with different things along the way leaning one way or the other. Eventually she seems to be the good Targ, and is possibly the prince the was promised, like Jon. The las t season completely fucked the arc up which would have been clearly that even though she had a few good years as a good leader, returning home and being welcomed as an invading force and not a liberating champion begins her descent into paranoia, madness, jealousy. And the reveal that Jon is the true Heir pushes her over the edge, or should have. All the evil pent up inside her cuts loose and we find that Jon was the true prince we were promised, and Shes another crazy Targ.

HBO fucked that up.

But yeah, Burning the lord and heir of a great house, even though yes they were traitors and sided with Cersei and betrayed their leige lord they swore and oath or serve, was both supposed to show Her potential for evil, but also that her actions were semi justified to anyone, so it was just another crumb to sow doubt in her followers as part of a long history of questionable acts, so that when she does go gull evil it makes sense.

Anyways, this was not as bad as I expected but holy shit, there isnt a single bit of acting talent or charisma in this cast besides Doctor Who guy. You can see this show will suffer due to hiring choices. GOT actor quality dropped over time. Look at the cast the first two seasons, not a single weak spot. By the end we had some of the worst acting ive ever seen on a show that costs tens of millions per episode.

I cant think of one character introduced after season 4 that was well acted or written. The only thing patching the show together was the fact that Bron and Davos were two of the best castings ever.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
jesus christ all these years later and people are still arguing about whether Dany was crazy from the start.

Her whole arc begins with whether or not she will be like Rhaegar or the Mad King, with different things along the way leaning one way or the other. Eventually she seems to be the good Targ, and is possibly the prince the was promised, like Jon. The las t season completely fucked the arc up which would have been clearly that even though she had a few good years as a good leader, returning home and being welcomed as an invading force and not a liberating champion begins her descent into paranoia, madness, jealousy. And the reveal that Jon is the true Heir pushes her over the edge, or should have. All the evil pent up inside her cuts loose and we find that Jon was the true prince we were promised, and Shes another crazy Targ.

HBO fucked that up.

But yeah, Burning the lord and heir of a great house, even though yes they were traitors and sided with Cersei and betrayed their leige lord they swore and oath or serve, was both supposed to show Her potential for evil, but also that her actions were semi justified to anyone, so it was just another crumb to sow doubt in her followers as part of a long history of questionable acts, so that when she does go gull evil it makes sense.

Anyways, this was not as bad as I expected but holy shit, there isnt a single bit of acting talent or charisma in this cast besides Doctor Who guy. You can see this show will suffer due to hiring choices. GOT actor quality dropped over time. Look at the cast the first two seasons, not a single weak spot. By the end we had some of the worst acting ive ever seen on a show that costs tens of millions per episode.

I cant think of one character introduced after season 4 that was well acted or written. The only thing patching the show together was the fact that Bron and Davos were two of the best castings ever.

Paddy Considine and Matt Smith are better known than any s1 GOT cast minus Sean Bean

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Like Juvarisx Juvarisx Said, this is on par with a filler episode. Except the pilot needs to hook the viewer, especially the traumatised s8 audience, and it didn't

• 2Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Matt smith looks so fucking weird its jarring, and that alcock girl must have been cast because she looks like an actual incest kid kek

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
thats what i thought this was going to be, i thought this was set long before GoT, how Valyria fell and it showed their first ventures into Westeros and all the crazy shit that took place.

Yeah that was the first show they had developed which has a pilot episode filmed and which HBO passed on. It was allegedly full of fire mages, dragons, children of the forest etc.... Sigh.

• 2Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Paddy Considine and Matt Smith are better known than any s1 GOT cast minus Sean Bean

Your average American which is the largest segment of HBO audiences have no idea who either one is. Some will know Doctor who and a handful will think paddy is just a side actor from Simon leg films.

Mark addy was a way bigger known in the Us market. He was a few years removed from network show with 10 plus million viewers

Hell dinklage had a lot of exposure prior to the show, he wasn’t as well regarded but was a known commodity

First time I watched the show I thought, Damn it’s Bormot, Still Standing guy, and the midget from nip tuck

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Your average American which is the largest segment of HBO audiences have no idea who either one is. Some will know Doctor who and a handful will think paddy is just a side actor from Simon leg films.

Mark addy was a way bigger known in the Us market. He was a few years removed from network show with 10 plus million viewers

"there isnt a single bit of acting talent"

Was what I was responding to, nothing to do with name recognition. And I disagree with you on matt Smith, he was in the crown and morbius

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are they though? I'd never heard of them. They seem like they're famous with nerds for very specific roles that most people wouldn't have watched.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Lena Headey, Jason Mamoa, Alfie Allen, Aiden Gillen, Charles Dance, Iain Glen, and even Peter Dinklage were all very accomplished actors.

Seems like you're just writing off anyone that wasn't a Stark kid.

Edit: I'm not sure when each of those actors first appeared, but GoT had vastly more talent. I'm even forgetting people like Ian McElhinney.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Are they though? I'd never heard of them. They seem like they're famous with nerds for very specific roles that most people wouldn't have watched.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Lena Headey, Jason Mamoa, Alfie Allen, Aiden Gillen, Charles Dance, Iain Glen, and even Peter Dinklage were all very accomplished actors.

Charles Dance didn't show up until the last episode. Alfie Allen you're spectacularly wrong about - his more famous pop singer sister wrote a song about him being a stoner loser and their dad was famous in the 90s

I was jerking off to Lena Headey playing a lesbian dominatrix in 90s drama about prostitutes Band of Gold.

Jerome Flynn is another 90s Brit tv star. Likewise, Gillen.

I'll concede I forgot about them, but they're hardly big names in level of Sean Bean

As for Paddy Considine, go watch dead man's shoes and thank me later

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker

Seems like you're just writing off anyone that wasn't a Stark kid.

Edit: I'm not sure when each of those actors first appeared, but GoT had vastly more talent. I'm even forgetting people like Ian McElhinney.
Lol nobody knew of mamoa, alfie allen or NCW prior to GOT

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users