House of the Dragon

Demon Hunter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I am enjoying it so far. Did any of you see the animated story narrated by the OG GOT cast about these events?

I'm taking it as we are used to GOT when it was based on just 30 years (maybe 10, 20 years I forget) after the utter decimation of a royal bloodline that lasted 1000 years.

Right now we could see this as a Good times create weak men, weak men create bad time situation, at least with the Targaryan story line. The mad king is still like 130 years after this Civil War.

Oldbased

> Than U
For me, this was even worse than the first episode.
The whole reroutine of I am a strong willed woman who is sick of mansplaining and only I can do anything shit along with black Jesus Mr Only REAL blood before white blood shit ruined the whole episode. It's so fucking out of place.
Don't blame the king though Alicant is hot. I wouldn't want to marry a nappy 12 yr old either.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 3 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I actually enjoyed the conversation she had about men in power with the older lady. The old chick was right for the wrong reasons. The 12yo looked younger than that, my wife said, "who do they think he is, Mohammed?". About sums up that part.

The scene on the walkway was clearly supposed to harken back(forward?) to Daenerys and any of a number of her scenes. All it really did was show just how short she really is. Does she even break 5 feet?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
still doesnt sound like a show i need to see. oh well. i will wait one more week.

I'd wait at least another week. House of the Dragon still doesn't make the cut into a premium lineup of TV shows. Picard still outperforms it episode per episode.

It's only "serviceable" to fans of GoT right now-- and it's not excelling in that arena either.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Man... With 10 minutes left in the episode I paused it to see how much time was left. I got suuuuuper bored.

This show feels like a worse Downtown Abbey with TNA.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I actually enjoyed the conversation she had about men in power with the older lady. The old chick was right for the wrong reasons. The 12yo looked younger than that, my wife said, "who do they think he is, Mohammed?". About sums up that part.

They clearly aged her up in the dialogue so it wasn't egregious.

They didn't want her likely true actual perceived age to taint the show, and so they settled on 12 as a midway compromise between too young for the setting and enough to get the point across.

If they said "she's 8" that would destroy peoples perception of a lot of characters. The characters aren't supposed to be that despicable-- and so 12 was just a way to keep up appearance of some moral standard.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm not minding the show, but maybe it's just because I haven't had much I was into watching lately. Matt Smith clearly the standout, but trying to get interested in some of the other characters...just hard to give a fuck about anyone else yet. They do a good job of showing the king isn't very fit overall for the throne. Actor gives off too much just niceish old dude vibes to seem regal in any way.

Oldbased

> Than U
Man... With 10 minutes left in the episode I paused it to see how much time was left. I got suuuuuper bored.

This show feels like a worse Downtown Abbey with TNA.
I did the same thing and sadly had to watch it twice as I realized at the end I had drifted onto other things and didn't really watch it.
The 2nd time I paid attention. I wish I hadn't.
This was the 2nd shot before LotR which is basically the direct stream war competitor. They released HotD 2 weeks earlier than LotR to show their cards. I hope I am wrong but if this was the better plan pre LotR/Amazon then that isn't going to hit well for the rest.

I am now ranking HotD along the lines of The Wheel of Time.

As for the napper, ya it is clear they settled on 12 so it "wasn't so bad" but hey, she doesn't HAVE to fuck him till she is 14.
If I was forced into that as a King I would have been like we can wait till you are 40. It'll be worth it and then head on down to Little Finger John's brothel for a 6 pack.

• 1Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
1661746373435.png
1661746462881.png
1661746648724.png

1661746895955.png

So who poisoned the swords that nicked our great king TWICE to cause festering wounds that eat flesh?
The Olenna misdirect is his brother as he was sitting on the throne when he arrived and prior to the finger cut.
I think however it was Otto.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
episode 2 review : wait until episode 10 to binge the series and get it over with.

• 3Like

spronk

FPS noob
"I'm not gonna marry this 12 year old, what am I, a pedo? No, I'm going to marry this 15 year old who is also my daughters best/only friend!"

i still have no clue who this fucker is or why his head is so fucked up. he ate too many crabs? gotta balance your proteins bruh

FbTcjqHXEAAiHg7

Downton Abbey with Dragons is an extremely accurate way to describe the show so far. Its not super horrible like Wheel of Time or Foundation, but its just not interesting at all.

Oldbased

> Than U
"I'm not gonna marry this 12 year old, what am I, a pedo? No, I'm going to marry this 15 year old who is also my daughters best/only friend!"

i still have no clue who this fucker is or why his head is so fucked up. he ate too many crabs? gotta balance your proteins bruh

FbTcjqHXEAAiHg7
Don't worry. If IMDB is right this is the only episode we ever see "Crabfeeder".
He only appears in this episode and no other episodes are credited to him.

• 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think it's building up alright

The pedo octaroon shit was real cringe being suggested

I mean it happened in the book minus the octaroon part so whatever

Can't help but think of the South Park "this is my garden, asshole" whenever they do one of those scenes

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm taking it as we are used to GOT when it was based on just 30 years (maybe 10, 20 years I forget) after the utter decimation of a royal bloodline that lasted 1000 years.

What, GOT was set like 300 years after Aegon landed at KL

Last edited:

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
The fucking intro is fucking pathetic. Just a pale, claustrophobic and fake imitation of the glorious GOT intro. It has no substance, no symbolism, nothing.

Then, bam, after the intro, that little scene with the dead folks and the crabs....
I really liked that scene, even if not that many people noticed it, I am sure. And the continuation of that scene ended the episode too, and that was amazing.
And I like princess Rhaenyra, the actress is so much better than Daenerys.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Don't worry. If IMDB is right this is the only episode we ever see "Crabfeeder".
He only appears in this episode and no other episodes are credited to him.

I think we see crab guy again, despite what IMDB says. IMDB is often incomplete or sometimes they'll use a stand-in to shoot a masked scene then use a different actor for the main role. Him not showing up again after Episode 2 in the credits doesn't make me believe we aren't going to meet this crab leader.

They spent too much building it up to just move on to a conflict without any further crabfeeder sighting.