House of the Dragon

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why put spoilers for your (very wrong) guess on how the story ends?
Very wrong? Guess?

I read the wiki summary a few weeks ago and I didn't get a thing wrong.

Only because they changed his character to be one. In the book he is basically robert baratheon, loves women loves whores, has a few bastards already along with 3 true born children. Certainly not a rapist nor some pedophile like they are painting him in the show.
Oh no, the TV show by GRRM has really wrecked the character summaries from the fictional history book by GRRM. Who gives a shit?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
hopefully we get some cool dragon vs dragon fights, the got dragons were horrible and dumb, especially the zombie one

i mean american dragons are all shit anyway, when the best one is a scottish dude vs. dennis quaid

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yes, every detail you said is incorrect. Perhaps you should avoid shitty wikis?
So Alicent's surviving family (her son Aegon II's daughter) doesn't marry Rhaenyra's surviving family (her son with Daemon, Aegon III)?

Stark doesn't occupy King's Landing to set things right?

All you did was post the Stark stuff in detail and leave out the marriage stuff.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So Alicent's surviving family (her son Aegon II's daughter) doesn't marry Rhaenyra's surviving family (her son with Daemon, Aegon III)?

Stark doesn't occupy King's Landing to set things right?

All you did was post the Stark stuff in detail and leave out the marriage stuff.
Yeah but it was rejected.

Spoilers for the ending:
I think the resolution to the war is House Stark getting pissed off by the endless fighting, occuping King's Landing, and forcing the surviving kids to marry each other.

Seeing as the kids who Rhaenyra suggested marry were dancing nicely together last episode, Alicent should have taken the deal.
I posted your original statement so it's easier:

They wed, but are children, the wedding is never consumated, and she kills herself at Age 10 the same way her mother does.

But more importantly, the starks have nothing to do with the wedding as you stated, they are wed before Cregan Stark even arrives.

Stark does occupy King's Landing but not because, as you said, they are tired of all the fighting.

As I already explained, it takes him 2 years to call his banners and march south during winter. And far from being tired of War, he yearns for it. the war was already over, but Stark refuses to end the war, he calls them all pussies and cowards and says the war is over when He says it's over. and since he is the only army left standing what he says goes. He and his 10k men all came to die. He plans to march on Storms end, Casterly Rock, and Old town and kill them all including any other claimants to the throne (Alicent's grand daughter, the king's own betrothed being one of them), it's only the widows and the deals they make while bending the knee, who are able to prevent the war from continuing another 2 years. Yes he does "set things right" but in very stark fashion. Even though he is sworn to Rhaenyra (now her son Aegon III), He sentences everyone to death who was involved in the death of Aegon II as kingslayers, including half his king's guard and his small council, including Corlys Velaryon, Rhaenyra's most staunch backer. Coryls life is only spared because of starks new wife. he dies of old age a year later at 79 anyway.

House stark doesn't get "pissed off" by the endless fighting. in the very beginning of the war, Rhaenyra sends her son on dragonback to winterfell to have house stark reaffirm their oath to her as queen. Starks are honor bound to a fault, so he assembles an army of men to march south to die and they do so.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
I posted your original statement so it's easier:

They wed, but are children, the wedding is never consumated, and she kills herself at Age 10 the same way her mother does.

But more importantly, the starks have nothing to do with the wedding as you stated, they are wed before Cregan Stark even arrives.

Stark does occupy King's Landing but not because, as you said, they are tired of all the fighting.

As I already explained, it takes him 2 years to call his banners and march south during winter. And far from being tired of War, he yearns for it. the war was already over, but Stark refuses to end the war, he calls them all pussies and cowards and says the war is over when He says it's over. and since he is the only army left standing what he says goes. He and his 10k men all came to die. He plans to march on Storms end, Casterly Rock, and Old town and kill them all including any other claimants to the throne (Alicent's grand daughter, the king's own betrothed being one of them), it's only the widows and the deals they make while bending the knee, who are able to prevent the war from continuing another 2 years. Yes he does "set things right" but in very stark fashion. Even though he is sworn to Rhaenyra (now her son Aegon III), He sentences everyone to death who was involved in the death of Aegon II as kingslayers, including half his king's guard and his small council, including Corlys Velaryon, Rhaenyra's most staunch backer. Coryls life is only spared because of starks new wife. he dies of old age a year later at 79 anyway.

House stark doesn't get "pissed off" by the endless fighting. in the very beginning of the war, Rhaenyra sends her son on dragonback to winterfell to have house stark reaffirm their oath to her as queen. Starks are honor bound to a fault, so he assembles an army of men to march south to die and they do so.
You are right, posting multiple paragraphs is more accurate than a single sentance summary.

Not sure why this was nessesary or what your problem is other than immense autism.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I am right that a completely wrong summary is far less accurate than a correct account? Thanks bro.

I love how impossible it is for you to admit when you are just wrong. You would think with how often you are wrong you'd have tons of practice. It's ok, since no country has changed borders since 1945 go tap some gasoline straight out of the ground so you can run your steam engine with your locked in rates to keep your house warm, oh wait dig out that the coal shaft that your house was built on to keep you warm this winter.

good thing you aren't a history teacher otherwise this is what your student's would get
PBF209-Now_Showing.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I am right that a completely wrong summary is far less accurate than a correct account? Thanks bro.

I love how impossible it is for you to admit when you are just wrong. You would think with how often you are wrong you'd have tons of practice. It's ok, since no country has changed borders since 1945 go tap some gasoline straight out of the ground so you can run your steam engine with your locked in rates to keep your house warm, oh wait dig out that the coal shaft that your house was built on to keep you warm this winter.

good thing you aren't a history teacher otherwise this is what your student's would get
PBF209-Now_Showing.jpg
But I wasn't wrong.

I simply said that kids marry and spoiler shows up. That is still correct.

You then posted one wall of text about how maybe the motivation of spoiler was slightly different, then another wall of text repeating that and also about how the marriage doesn't matter because of later events.

Note that you need to go into massive detail into subtle plot nuances to get anywhere near my single sentances being wrong.

I just made a small comment about how maybe Alicent should have taken the marriage deal given what happens later. Chill out.

Juvarisx

Florida
But I wasn't wrong.

You then posted one wall of text about how maybe the motivation of spoiler was slightly different, then another wall of text repeating that and also about how the marriage doesn't matter because of later events.

Note that you need to go into massive detail into subtle plot nuances to get anywhere near my single sentances being wrong.

I just made a small comment about how maybe Alicent should have taken the marriage deal given what happens later. Chill out.

No see you are obviously not supposed to examine character motivations and decisions just sit back and consume product with your brain off.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
But I wasn't wrong.

No the fuck you didn't, every. single. thing. you. said. was. factually. incorrect.

Once again, with less words this time:

You said:
I think the resolution to the war is House Stark getting pissed off by the endless fighting, occuping King's Landing, and forcing the surviving kids to marry each other.

Here let me correct your sentence for you:
I think the resolution to the war is House Stark getting pissed off by the endless fighting, occuping comes to King's Landing, and forcing the surviving kids to marry each other.
bolded words I had to add. Do you understand how the words I crossed out did not happen? They were wrong. ie you were wrong.

No see you are obviously not supposed to examine character motivations and decisions just sit back and consume product with your brain off.
hilariously Chris Chris is the one who doesn't understand this as a concept. every time they change shit in this show from the book and I point it out, he just doesn't get why its a big deal. The concept of characters having personality or motivations and reasons for the decisions they make and actions they take is a completely foreign concept to him.

spronk

FPS noob
HOTD_BoobsAss_Feet.png

great episode show has been getting better and better every episode, season 1 ends next week. When that dragon popped out... Jesus H Christ

all hail King Aegon the second of his name King of the Andals and First Men Protector of the Realm and father to apparently quite a few pit fighting bastards

FfPIheGUoAAFIQD

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God that episode was awful. It reminded me of season 8. Doesn't worry very much about the 'why?' or 'how?', just gloss over everything to get to the big event.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I like how her suit of dragon armour was just left with the dragon in the dragon pit, and she had time to change despite the earlier mention of it being the first place they'd look for her

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have no idea what happened at the end there. Wasn't she trapped in that hall with everyone else?

Also for someone that is very obviously playing the game of thrones I just don't see the mercy aspect and motherly love thing getting in the way?

I'll let it play out I guess but kind of a bad play at the end there. If home boy had led her to the pits it would've made more sense but that's some serious mcguffin shit.