House of the Dragon

iabs

Lord Nagafen Raider
And what are we supposed to think of dragons now? Both of them just losing control of their dragons, it wasnt Aemond who started the war it was his dragon!
I think it was a beautiful detail, that I'm 100% sure came from GRR, this has HUGE implications of what dragon warfare truly is like. These are ancient beasts shrouded in mystery and magic. Does a dragon rider truly controls his/ her dragon or is it a symbiotic relationship where the dragon's will weights more than previously thought.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think it was a beautiful detail, that I'm 100% sure came from GRR, this has HUGE implications of what dragon warfare truly is like. These are ancient beasts shrouded in mystery and magic. Does a dragon rider truly controls his/ her dragon or is it a symbiotic relationship where the dragon's will weights more than previously thought.
That little dragon sure fucked around and found out. Guess being a dragon he had no sense of fear. Getting bit in half was awesome though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally watched the finale. Overall not bad. I'd give the whole season a 7 of 10.

They chose an interesting pacing but I think they built the characters well (at least from just a pure TV spectator pov)

I never read the books but from what I hear they aren't staying true to the characters, I think had I'd read the books I'd be more upset about that. From what I hear GoT was the same way (Tyrion was way more sadistic after the whole father incident)

Feel like they spent way too much time on pregnancy themes for woke points and roe v wade allegory. The little subtle nods to strong wahmn come off as corny. Them not fleshing out the Strong line a bit more when the whole dispute comes down to the bastards felt wasted. Like who is this foot fetish weirdo and why did he just totally kill his brother etc etc. I understand they can only tell so much story in a season but they decided to go the whole woman are bred for babies play me a violin route.

Who the fuck are the velaryons and are they related to velaryia? Would be cool to learn more about that area as the doom is apparently linked to dragon riding in some form?

Guess we'll find out in 2024.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I never read the books but from what I hear they aren't staying true to the characters, I think had I'd read the books I'd be more upset about that.

The book readers started this thread by explaining the book is only a set of historical cliff notes, and written by a couple of potentially unreliable narrators.

Sylas Sylas then spent entire season larping an angry book nerd, lol

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
No explanation how they discovered Lucerys was killed by Aemond. I assume they did by the look on Rhaenyra's face. But Aemond could've kept this mouth shut and no one would been any the wiser.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
No explanation how they discovered Lucerys was killed by Aemond. I assume they did by the look on Rhaenyra's face. But Aemond could've kept this mouth shut and no one would been any the wiser.

I mean.... Aemond tries to force him to cut out his eye and then goes to attack him but is stopped, then Lucerys flies away and Aemond immediately follows him. Any one of the people at Storm's End could have put two and two together when Lucerys doesn't make it home and Aemond doesn't come back. Also there is no indication they know. They could just be ready to blindly accuse, we won't know until S2 what the case is.

• 2Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I never read the books but from what I hear they aren't staying true to the characters, I think had I'd read the books I'd be more upset about that. From what I hear GoT was the same way (Tyrion was way more sadistic after the whole father incident)
They've changed a bunch of characters and details. The issue is why they changed it.

In GoT you expect some adaptation, theres over a thousand named characters, over 5 thousand manuscript pages across 5 books. tons and tons of shit happens. Its expected that they prune some characters and storylines down, minor details change, etc. Of course each season it snowballs, more and more changes based on previous changes. Eventually they went past the books and just had to wing it, write their own story and have been universally ridiculed and derided for their shitty writing/ending/last few seasons.

This story however is based on about 500 pages of a completed work, half of a book. It is written as a summary, or an outline. It has only a fraction of the named characters. Plenty of room to insert dialogue and add to the story if you wish, but theres no reason to change anything.

And yet they changed tons of shit, just for woke points. Their writing is still just as bad.

Penance said:
Who the fuck are the velaryons and are they related to velaryia? Would be cool to learn more about that area as the doom is apparently linked to dragon riding in some form?
They are a noble house from valyria that settled on driftmark long before the doom of valyria, long before the Targaryens settled on dragonstone. They were never dragon lords so didnt have much pull in valyrian politics so no one gave a shit that they left.

The doom was the volcanic eruption that destroyed valyria. Dragonriding is not related to the doom, its related to valyria (where dragons are from) and around 20 noble houses whose bloodlines had the ability to ride dragons. The doom destroyed all of those houses and killed all of their dragons, except the Targaryens, who had moved to dragonstone 6 years before the eruption.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
RIP King Viserys first of his name King of the Andals and Protector of the Lego Realm, the Red Keep Set #8714 was safe under his watch

HOTD_King_Of_Legos.jpg

season was just O.K., some good moments, some really bad moments, I don't honestly care at all about any character. At least it was better than Rings of Power I guess

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Can we just time jump to my man Cregan Stark rolling in and setting shit straight, and dealing out some sweet beheadings. Make season 2 2 episodes, 1 a quick recap of everyone dying in a civil war, and episode 2 30 minutes of Cregan sitting the throne to dole out justice, then 30 of him penetrating whores before going home.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Also, I felt like the point was less “dragons are uncontrollable” but just that these two are young and don’t have full control of their dragons, and have never been to war. They are day one boot campers with a nuclear arsenal.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So this thing is over now? What's the verdict, should I watch it? Have em all downloaded on the off chance it wasn't complete garbage.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So this thing is over now? What's the verdict, should I watch it? Have em all downloaded on the off chance it wasn't complete garbage.
its not horrible and better than the got dand years

it's like got light, but with dark ppl, but you appreciate the racial change b/c the characters are all the same and you cant tell who is who but at least you know who the noggers are

Chris

Potato del Grande
Episode was great, hilarious that Lord Baratheon was illiterate.

It's pretty good. Some pacing issues leading to early episodes not having enough happening and later ones having characters that haven't been established enough but that's about it.

8/10

If you have autism and read the plot summary from the history book GRRM released a few years ago, apparently you turn into a salty cunt like Sylas Sylas .

• 1Like

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the Dragons and their Riders have some type of connection (as seen with Syrax and the miscarriage scene where they were flashing to the dragons face as she was in pain). Arrax was reacting to Lucerys fear, like when a small dog barks and nips at the legs of a much larger dog when defending it’s owner. Vhagar was reacting to Arrax’s flames and Aemonds lust for revenge even though he did not intend to kill him. That coupled with their beast like nature got you this outcome.

Decent first season. Daemon still remains to be the best character in every scene he is in and he does have the most intimidating looking dragon. That long neck Caraxes has is like some big schlong ready to slay fools and fuck bitches.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really enjoyed the finale and the season as a whole. The first few episodes were pretty slow but the show really started gaining momentum after the first time jump.

Looking forward to season 2. Will probably pick up the book now to read between seasons.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Really enjoyed the finale and the season as a whole. The first few episodes were pretty slow but the show really started gaining momentum after the first time jump.

Looking forward to season 2. Will probably pick up the book now to read between seasons.

Yeah, for all my scepticism about the non binary bitch - the stuff before was slow and not interesting at all. But probably necessary to show Rhaenyra and Alicent's friendship. Maybe they could have shortened that segment. And the non binary bitch is still giga-cringe on social media with her grunge haircut and shitty clothes.

I wouldn't say I enjoyed it massively. It still lacked that GOT 110% attention transfixed every episode and the moments of action were small in comparison.

6.5-7 / 10

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
5a23504d7faadae8f1a200eeb5e87cf3.jpg

drogon is smaller than that tiny piece of shit vhagar bit in half?

If you look at the bottom, underneath the first dragon you mention, it says "based on ADWD". Remember, the TV show jumped ahead of the books, so the Drogon you saw in the latter seasons was older than in ADWD

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've seen that scale for a while it it definitely isn't accurate how they are portrayed in the show

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
That scale isn't even accurate to adwd. Look at moondancer, that is baelas dragon. It isnt quite large enough to ride, where as morning/tyraxes, are just large enough to ride. Look at the person for scale. Drogon is the size of morning in adwd when dany flies off on him.

Keep in mind not only did they go past the books but the time line from the show to the book are completely different as well. As of adwd Its only been about a year since the dragons hatched in the book vs 7 years on the show when we see full sized drogon.