Household Major Appliances

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Other than waiting for maybe a September sale (july 4th real sales exist?) wife is wanting a new dishwasher, any far and away winners? Racks on new things seem so complicated, not sure how I feel about the little sliding hidden top rack. Used to conventional silverwear on door, spatulas up top with the rest of the riff raff.
The 4th sales seem to suck compared to memorial day sales, id wait for labor day sales

joz123

Potato del Grande
I've been needing to replace my fridge and the sales are shit for the 4th.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I've been needing to replace my fridge and the sales are shit for the 4th.
They are, supply is low, demand is high. I saw similar deals to what I got on ebay, a la scratch and dent, specifically if you are looking for a bosch 800 series. If we had known we’d need a fridge we would have bundled it with the memorial day deals for the washer dryer…

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the original house we were buying did include the refrigerator but now this house we're closing on July 12th doesn't. Am leaning towards this Samsung (RF24R7201SR by Samsung - French Door Refrigerators| Greentoe.com) because my previous appliances for the last 10 years have all been Samsung and mostly without issue. Just kind of stick with it until it breaks. Brand reviews for appliances are just a crap shoot.

My front load Samsung W/D are still going strong after 10 years. Only thing replaced has been a thermal resistor in the dryer that was $10 and about an hour of work with a YouTube video. The new house does include the W/D so now we'll have my old set, set from the existing apartment, and the set being left by the sellers. Should be an easy $100-$200 on Facebook marketplace.

On the topic of dishwashers when I did my kitchen remodel I went with this Samsung (DW80R7060US by Samsung - Dishwashers| Greentoe.com) and loved it. Cleaned great, dried great, and was quiet as hell. My kitchen was open to the living area and sitting on my couch maybe 20' away I couldn't even tell it was running if the TV was on.

New house does have an electric range so one of my first things on the list is to get a plumber out there and run a gas line since one isn't in place already. Last time I went with NX58H9500 (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...range-stainless-steel/6062115.p?skuId=6062115) but there were a couple of things I ended up not liking about it so may shop around for a different one in the Samsung lineup.

I'm maybe overly picky about stuff matching and the slight variations between manufacturer's stainless, fingerprintless stainless, and other options jump out to me. So picking one ecosystem and moving forward is my way to go.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Yeah the original house we were buying did include the refrigerator but now this house we're closing on July 12th doesn't. Am leaning towards this Samsung (RF24R7201SR by Samsung - French Door Refrigerators| Greentoe.com) because my previous appliances for the last 10 years have all been Samsung and mostly without issue. Just kind of stick with it until it breaks. Brand reviews for appliances are just a crap shoot.

My front load Samsung W/D are still going strong after 10 years. Only thing replaced has been a thermal resistor in the dryer that was $10 and about an hour of work with a YouTube video. The new house does include the W/D so now we'll have my old set, set from the existing apartment, and the set being left by the sellers. Should be an easy $100-$200 on Facebook marketplace.

On the topic of dishwashers when I did my kitchen remodel I went with this Samsung (DW80R7060US by Samsung - Dishwashers| Greentoe.com) and loved it. Cleaned great, dried great, and was quiet as hell. My kitchen was open to the living area and sitting on my couch maybe 20' away I couldn't even tell it was running if the TV was on.

New house does have an electric range so one of my first things on the list is to get a plumber out there and run a gas line since one isn't in place already. Last time I went with NX58H9500 (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...range-stainless-steel/6062115.p?skuId=6062115) but there were a couple of things I ended up not liking about it so may shop around for a different one in the Samsung lineup.

I'm maybe overly picky about stuff matching and the slight variations between manufacturer's stainless, fingerprintless stainless, and other options jump out to me. So picking one ecosystem and moving forward is my way to go.
Imo, do not get mis matched appliances, looks bad and brings down resale value if you plan to leave soon, if you plan to take with, then who gives a shit, but think about resale value imo to match name brands

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Lg 5545 series is a mid tier dishwasher but cleans like a fucking beast. It uses quad sprayer arms instead of dual sprayers. It doesn't dry the best, but it cleans and that's the real plus. 6-700 when I bought it two years ago. Zero complaints.
Can't get them anymore, they are out of stock and clearanced. I wanted to get one to replace my Maytag that died. My Maytag dishwasher's motor died and it was 400 bucks to replace it, no warranty on the motor of all f&*&^cking things past the 1 year "everything" warranty. I told the guy, "I can almost get a new dishwasher for that" and as it turns out, that really isn't true, its almost $1300 bucks for any 700-800 dishwasher delivered with installation and a 5 year warranty. Thanks Biden. Trying to get the repair guy back with that $385 motor now.

All of this environmental regulation is ruining appliances, more every few years.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can't get them anymore, they are out of stock and clearanced. I wanted to get one to replace my Maytag that died. My Maytag dishwasher's motor died and it was 400 bucks to replace it, no warranty on the motor of all f&*&^cking things past the 1 year "everything" warranty. I told the guy, "I can almost get a new dishwasher for that" and as it turns out, that really isn't true, its almost $1300 bucks for any 700-800 dishwasher delivered with installation and a 5 year warranty. Thanks Biden. Trying to get the repair guy back with that $385 motor now.

All of this environmental regulation is ruining appliances, more every few years.
Yeah why keep making a model that actually does the job and that people want. Fucking Asians.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Going to take a time out from moving and post how awesome the Best Buy appliance delivery people were. Obviously it varies heavily but I’ve never had a delivery service that high quality.

Originally we had scheduled our delivery on Tuesday bc they don’t do Sunday and Monday and we weren’t moving in to the house until Sunday. Then our realtor called and said the owners were out and we could be in Friday. About an hour after that Best Buy called saying they had an opening and we’re we Interested in moving our delivery to Saturday. Well hell yeah, don’t want to go 4 days without a fridge.

The communication was great from whoever was coordinating that. Immediately received text and email confirmation of the reschedule which was nice as well.

Yesterday comes and I took my friends for lunch and drinks for helping move and BB calls and says their truck broke down on the interstate. Completely broke down their plan as to where a back up truck was coming from, how many stops they had, what the anticipated delay was, and assuring me they’d have our stuff there. No attitude, no irritation, just straight forward. I was just like “Hey y’all stay safe on the side of the damn interstate and keep cool.” We had a ton of shit going on moving anyways.

He called me back twice with updates and ETAs just letting me know what was up bc it was getting close to 7pm. They got here unboxed everything, found one tiny ding in the fridge and pointed it out. Set everything up, joked around with us. I didn’t even pay for installation but wasn’t going to turn it down. Gave them $40 for a tip to split.

Anyways, I complain too much and don’t take enough time to recognize good service rather than complaining about bad. Between Amazon deliveries, UPS, FedEx, and a local appliance store, this far exceeds quality. Enough that I’d buy from there again when I replace the range.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Lanx Lanx I need a vegetable steamer. Suggestions? Price doesn’t matter.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Lanx Lanx I need a vegetable steamer. Suggestions? Price doesn’t matter.
44b71f2e715bf20f0c345c366d9c255d.png

6285a02a9b20e3dca83acc546788e0b6.png

it's all cheap, the metal one you can just find in a grocery story.

also you can maybe change the way you cook, for instance if i make beef and brocoli, i cut my beef, put on corn starch, put the beef and aromatics in the wok, cook on high, pour sauce in, dump veg on top, put heat on low and cover, comes out great after 5mins, only use 1 wok to cook.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
44b71f2e715bf20f0c345c366d9c255d.png

6285a02a9b20e3dca83acc546788e0b6.png

it's all cheap, the metal one you can just find in a grocery story.

also you can maybe change the way you cook, for instance if i make beef and brocoli, i cut my beef, put on corn starch, put the beef and aromatics in the wok, cook on high, pour sauce in, dump veg on top, put heat on low and cover, comes out great after 5mins, only use 1 wok to cook.
Why not something like this? I need something that is MINIMAL effort…

86BCAFD8-F531-437A-9202-94515108D0FC.jpeg

• 1Dislike

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Why not something like this? I need something that is MINIMAL effort…

View attachment 371388
if you have the space for it go ahead, do you plan to leave it on your countertop like a coffee maker or a toaster oven or do you plan on take it out of your pantry everytime?

have this in mind if you plan on buying kitchen gadgets

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
if you have the space for it go ahead, do you plan to leave it on your countertop like a coffee maker or a toaster oven or do you plan on take it out of your pantry everytime?

have this in mind if you plan on buying kitchen gadgets
I don’t mind leaving it out. I’m gonna give it a shot. I’ll be doing a lot of steaming probably on a daily basis so I think it’ll work out.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Would never want another kitchen gadget that does the exact same thing as a pot of water on the stove. Why?

• 1Salty

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Lanx Lanx what is this instapot, why should I buy one when I already own a slow cooker and pressure cooker and what is the best one to buy?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Lanx Lanx what is this instapot, why should I buy one when I already own a slow cooker and pressure cooker and what is the best one to buy?

If you've already got both it's not all that useful unless you are looking to consolidate devices. I've had a 6 quart Instapot Duo for a few years and have been pretty happy with it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
pretty much what Denamian Denamian has said, i also have an extra accessory that will act as an air fryer as well, so its a really good multitasker, ppl say you can also cook rice w/ it, find that partially true, i cooked rice on it once and it was bleh, it's probably ok for white ppl, i find it very useful for setting and forgetting.

i might actually be interested in a 8qt upgrade

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
pretty much what Denamian Denamian has said, i also have an extra accessory that will act as an air fryer as well, so its a really good multitasker, ppl say you can also cook rice w/ it, find that partially true, i cooked rice on it once and it was bleh, it's probably ok for white ppl, i find it very useful for setting and forgetting.

i might actually be interested in a 8qt upgrade
So you got the one that air fries too? I’d like to consolidate so may get one.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
How about this one? Or should I get a duo pro?