How I Met Your Mother

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Hah, I guess being a pirate helped me a lot with that. They packaged both shows together as one, and since they remove all commercials and everything else pretty much, I didn't even realize the second episode had started until they did some recap, so I missed the fact that the group picture was the climax of the first episode.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
so glad this is the last season... if this was how the show was in season 1, i would not be watching it now. Only reason i still watch this is because i have invested all this time in it already. Show is not funny at all anymore, it's just plain stupid.

Lusiphur

Peasant
I feel bad for bumping this but that last ep was probably some of the worst TV I have ever watched. At this point I am the guy driving past a road accident looking for the grey stuff on the tarmac with this show.

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
I was about a bottle of wine deep when I watched the last one. Made it 1,000% more enjoyable

Terial

Trakanon Raider
after the last episode the wife and i could not stand this crap anymore, i don't give 2 flying shits about how he meets this wife of his... bottom line is that even after they meet, the writing is still going to be shit. Tivo Season pass cancelled after all these years... it's like a weight has been lifted.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
having the entire season be like this really limited the amount of interesting things that can happen. Latest episode was really bad as well, I mean holy fuck who cares about the wedding gift. argghhhh

btw if you remember the previous episode I think the mother is going to become one of robins girls so that she doesn't feel so alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you want to book me for psychic lessons please call me and leave a message thx

also, marshalls sideplot so far sucks. Why is he not there in person instead?

Fazana_sl

shitlord
also, marshalls sideplot so far sucks. Why is he not there in person instead?
Because he didn't want (or even expect to need) to do a final year and had taken film bookings etc during the traditional telly filming season. When the showrunners unexpectedly got an extra season they delivered a dumptruck full of cash to his house so he agreed to do one more year if they fit it around his movies. Hence him not appearing with the regular cast yet.

Same thing happened last season, they did a few episodes where he didn't appear with the main cast at all.

I'm pretty sure Marshall phoning in his appearances this season isn't a metaphor
biggrin.png

Don't forget we still have locket drama meaning Ted & Robin Part XXXVII to come yet!

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I have shame
frown.png
I laughed at the Indy Jones ghost waaaay too often, at least the rest of it was mostly shitty enough not to laugh at as well!

Edit: VVV
biggrin.png

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I can't believe that for like five years this was my favorite sit-com.

rrr_img_47526.jpg
Hence the reason i cancelled my season pass last week
smile.png
and from the sounds of this last episode i did the right thing.... just stop watching, you'll feel so much better about yourself.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Lol. Have they forgotten that NPH is the one and only reason this show was good? And the fact that the show has been nearly unwatchable-bad for two+ seasons?

Can't wait for that abomination to fail. Plus women aren't funny

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Hmmm,

I've had a number of good years watching this show, but this last season is really getting me down.

I can't see how anyone could have thought that the 'have the whole last season be the wedding weekend' idea was a good choice.

They could have at least made a direct on-screen jumping the shark moment.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So like, last night i'm flipping the channels, and I see this show is on - haven't watched it in years but I know the upcoming meeting of the mother is soon or whatever. It does some not-so-feelsy scene with a lighthouse, and then with some horribly done CGI, shows Ted proposing to the Mother on top of the Lighthouse? Please don't tell me that was the big reveal people have been waiting years for. That shit was terribad.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So like, last night i'm flipping the channels, and I see this show is on - haven't watched it in years but I know the upcoming meeting of the mother is soon or whatever. It does some not-so-feelsy scene with a lighthouse, and then with some horribly done CGI, shows Ted proposing to the Mother on top of the Lighthouse? Please don't tell me that was the big reveal people have been waiting years for. That shit was terribad.
Nah, that's 2 years in the future. They still haven't met in the "current time". They keep doing flashforwards and this other bullshit.

Actually, reading that line, it's completely fucking stupid they're doing the flashforward shit.