• $200k-$300k solo

• $200k-$300k household

• $300k+ solo

• $300k+ household

Results are only viewable after voting.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Dude, that was 8 days ago tops. Just seems months by /pol thread page count. Adjust your max posts per page.

Are you talking about the baby heart in the womb thing? I'm taking about the original claim. Lol

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Are you talking about the baby heart in the womb thing? I'm taking about the original claim. Lol

yeah babyheart, he has been doing Jared from the Pretender for 5-6 months.

the-pretender-52175247b57d6.jpg

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
With Cads wife.

No reason to hire out you're taxes unless you are doing flow through crap or have large volume.

There are exceptions, but most people that pay someone to do it are saving an afternoon

I do business on three continents. Does that warrant having a professional look at them?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I do business on three continents. Does that warrant having a professional look at them?

No.

Depends on what you do and how much of it you are doing.

I've seen guys making mountains of money in a dozen countries and you can put all the info needed for the entire year on a single page printout of Excel.

Those are extreme cases but you get it. And your obviously doing it well enough without spending 10-20k on someone to maintain your books.

And having a CPA prep it doesn't absolve you of the liability.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Okay. I'm going to let professionals take a look at my calculations to make sure I'm not violating any laws in a volatile trade situation right now.

That's not a waste of money, by the way.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Vikings paycheck comes to mind right about now~

Hey AladainAF AladainAF didn't you claim to make 7 figs?

I don't think I ever claimed to make 7 figures per year, but if you took what I make in a year and compared that to the number of hours I actually work, it would equal out to around $1500 per hour. So far in 2019, just myself, I've made a little over $75,000 and yeah, I've worked about 50 or so hours this year.

So in a related to this thread question, how many people hire out their taxes? How many do their taxes themselves? It seems the higher the income the more likely it is someone else does their taxes. I do my own, but send them to my lawyer to finalize them. Where does that put me on the scale?

I own three businesses (1 S-Corp , and 2 1065 Partnerships). I hire a fantastic CPA to handle all of it. I just scan and drop receipts and bills to a portal and he shits out a return at the end of the year. He does my S-Corp bookkeeping and payroll as well. I have to sign a few things (1099s that we mail out etc), but other than that he just does all the work. He charges me about $3,000 a year for everything, including personal return. I would never ever do my own taxes, hell no. If you're doing them on your own, more power to you but if you can afford a lawyer to finalize them, you're better off just using a CPA I would think. I have a CPA do it because I have better things to do with my time, such as getting through all 10 acts in PoE in a timely fashion.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Sorry, I'm calling you out too as a liar. I make just about what you claim, but I use TurboTax, and I manage all my investments on my own, because with a portfolio the size of people who earn a lot have, even a 1% assets under management fee is insulting. I agonize between a 0.2% difference (2.00 - 2.20) in a cash management / checking accounts which keeps their funds in a money market fund. I also call my SiriusXM/cable/internet providers and pretend to quit so I can get a discount, and I call around to shop auto and homeowners insurance. This much money isn't THAT much money, so we still have to save. I'm also laughing at your talk about buying $150,000 watches. People that make less than a million don't buy watches for $150,000. You can't afford them. I mean, sure, you could, in the same way you could afford a Lambhorghini, but you can't actually afford it.

Get over yourself kid. I make more money than you. I save the majority but ya sometimes I make a splurge a lil. I get my watches at 35% off so can almost break even if I want to turn around and sell them. Several have gone up in value over the year (no they're not an investment). Big difference in depreciation of watch and a car lol. Not really a 1:1 comparison at all. I'd never buy a lambo. Also FYI when evaluating a high dollar purchase probably best to take into account your net worth total and total liquid assets. Don't be so salty bro, we should be happy when other forum members prosper heh. You don't see me calling into question your claim?

Shits ugly

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I actually have one of those around somewhere I bought on a stop over in the Philippines, I think I paid $40. A real Rollex the second hand actually stop EXACTLY on the marker all the way around the dial.
Calling you out bro. Don't think you know how to spot a real Rolex... if the seconds hand moved in incremental ticks then it would be fake.... That's not considered a "smooth" movement. That's one of several ways to spot a fake. I will say, my vintage patek has a smoother movement. It's a marvel.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I don't think I ever claimed to make 7 figures per year, but if you took what I make in a year and compared that to the number of hours I actually work, it would equal out to around $1500 per hour. So far in 2019, just myself, I've made a little over $75,000 and yeah, I've worked about 50 or so hours this year.

I own three businesses (1 S-Corp , and 2 1065 Partnerships). I hire a fantastic CPA to handle all of it. I just scan and drop receipts and bills to a portal and he shits out a return at the end of the year. He does my S-Corp bookkeeping and payroll as well. I have to sign a few things (1099s that we mail out etc), but other than that he just does all the work. He charges me about $3,000 a year for everything, including personal return. I would never ever do my own taxes, hell no. If you're doing them on your own, more power to you but if you can afford a lawyer to finalize them, you're better off just using a CPA I would think. I have a CPA do it because I have better things to do with my time, such as getting through all 10 acts in PoE in a timely fashion.

Is all your income from that second life game or whatever? Or are there different sources?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
So in a related to this thread question, how many people hire out their taxes? How many do their taxes themselves? It seems the higher the income the more likely it is someone else does their taxes. I do my own, but send them to my lawyer to finalize them. Where does that put me on the scale?
I do mine, but always send them to my father to look over since he's a CPA, retired and did corporate taxes in his career

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Get over yourself kid. I make more money than you. I save the majority but ya sometimes I make a splurge a lil. I get my watches at 35% off so can almost break even if I want to turn around and sell them. Several have gone up in value over the year (no they're not an investment). Big difference in depreciation of watch and a car lol. Not really a 1:1 comparison at all. I'd never buy a lambo. Also FYI when evaluating a high dollar purchase probably best to take into account your net worth total and total liquid assets. Don't be so salty bro, we should be happy when other forum members prosper heh. You don't see me calling into question your claim?

I literally posted a screenshot of my tax return :)

Edit: You keep talking about watches, are you saying you buy $150,000 watches at 35% off? So around $100,000? I don't believe that either really. If you actually make the money you claim, which according to board members you're a liar, and if you actually buy watches for $100,000, then you are terrible with your money.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

This is what I would love to do. I need to find a way to convert what I do into some type of "overseeing" so that they can do what I do, and I make money off them. I've already worked around 720 hours this year alone. It's great money, but wears me out, which of course leads to burn out, etc. With your businesses, do you have to manage others? I would imagine that brings in a whole new level of headaches?

• 1Rustled

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
~230k solo, 400k+ household. Two nurses (though one overworked nurse) and an AirBNB.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I literally posted a screenshot of my tax return :)

Edit: You keep talking about watches, are you saying you buy $150,000 watches at 35% off? So around $100,000? I don't believe that either really. If you actually make the money you claim, which according to board members you're a liar, and if you actually buy watches for $100,000, then you are terrible with your money.

Why are you so mad?

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
roughly 52k euros per year gross, translates to about 30k net. yeah I'm not buying a lambo anytime soon but it's alright.
wife works 28 hours a week and makes maybe 25k net so we're good.
house will be paid off in 7 years, that will free up about 17k euro of payments yearly.
That's also the time where our kids will become expensive, completely negating that effect.

We have two paid cars and no debt other than the house and it's under 100k remaining already.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I am a little surprised by the amount of activity for this thread. I didn't think it would get the number of responses it has. Almost 300 votes already. It seems like the vast amount of the community falls in the $50-$100k a year range with 25%, which isn't to surprising since the median household income in the U.S. 2018 was $60k we only have 12% below that and the remaining 63% of the community well above that.

So it does seem that this group of basement dwelling incel gamers as certain people like to label us. Are in fact actually pretty damn well off financially.