Interesting, Non Political News

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Realistically, no its just a wingless jet with steering capabilities. Still, there is only so fast your car can go without having it disintegrate or go airborne. You really really really dont want to be hitting a pothole in the road at 1000mph or even at 300.
Can they even steer at the max speed? I would think anything other than straigh forward would rip those front wheels off even if they dont have enough traction to do any actual steering.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Can they even steer at the max speed? I would think anything other than straigh forward would rip those front wheels off even if they dont have enough traction to do any actual steering.

I’m guessing it’s minimal and computer assisted but that’s really just a guess. It’s called a “straight line car” like other land speed cars are.

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Realistically, no its just a wingless jet with steering capabilities. Still, there is only so fast your car can go without having it disintegrate or go airborne. You really really really dont want to be hitting a pothole in the road at 1000mph or even at 300.
I'm shocked for all that horsepower that's as fast as it goes. My bike at ~230 horse does 200mph.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
probably not even as well as a taxiing jumbo jet. still, its technically a car

• 1Like

lurker

Vyemm Raider
It's a "land speed record". If it stay on the ground, it's fair game. In 1962, Craig Breedlove ignored the rules that said the vehicle had to have 4 wheels with 2 of them driven and set a record with his free wheeling trike the Spirit of America. It looks like they're mostly 4 wheel now, but still free wheeling.

i-3sbJZML-S.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
well, judging by the outcome, womannnzzz clearly have a handicap compared to men. 50,000 hp car and she still couldnt touch the male record.
I just went on a walk with my daughter and ran into the fire chief on the way back. He had two guys that were down there and bullshitting with the girl 30 minutes before the crash. He's a bullshitter so I didn't really believe him until he showed me the text messages and pictures.

Yeesh. That's a bummer. The guys said she's fucking awesome.

• 1Like

Cybsled

She seemed super familiar. The article then reminded me that she stood in for Kari on Mythbusters for like a season.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I would think those jet cars walk a very fine line the entire time on the border of losing control. The more power and speed the jet can produce, the more downforce is required to keep the car on the ground. Which requires more power to overcome the downforce and so on. The less downforce, the more speed and a hair away from lifting off into sudden disentigration.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
She seemed super familiar. The article then reminded me that she stood in for Kari on Mythbusters for like a season.
Oh. Fuck you. Now I remember her. I feel bad now. Still, chicks need to let the men do the stupid stunts.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
At this point pissing on the floor is fair game I think

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy

ppl are berating the crew for jumping, well fuck you, they alive

The crew couldn't have done anything anyway as the fire prevented them getting below decks by all accounts. This vessel was a dive charter so every passenger on board was able-bodied and could swim.

There's no reason for them to stay and die - it must have been awful for them to watch it burn.

• 1Like