Interesting, Non Political News

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The dude who actually made the call got 20 years.

and most of the news organizations reporting on that fact are failing to mention, or mentioning only very briefly, how the 20 year sentence also includes time for two bomb threats the defendant called in, one to the FCC and one to the FBI. the 20 years isn't JUST for the swatting, but every news headline is made it seem that way. i have no idea what they're even trying to manipulate with the misleading headines, so it's really strange that they're failing to mention the bomb threats...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
  • 4WTF
  • 4Rustled
Reactions: 7 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

why are ppl mad at the bystanders? are you gonna rush in there and get stabbed yourself?

these are kids, at least it's only one stabbing

I've never understood that myself. I will never play hero. I mean if I see some man beating on his wife or something, I may step in. But a man STABBING his wife? That bitch be dead Jim.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Everyone "favorite" gaming store...

I’ve actually gone into our local one to kill time and see if my son is into playing a Switch yet and the workers demeanors have changed a lot. I haven’t been in there to just check things out in years. They’re nice and friendly now and don’t push anything on you. Idk if that’s due to policy changes due to being failures for so long or just happened to be friendly people.

• 2Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I’ve actually gone into our local one to kill time and see if my son is into playing a Switch yet and the workers demeanors have changed a lot. I haven’t been in there to just check things out in years. They’re nice and friendly now and don’t push anything on you. Idk if that’s due to policy changes due to being failures for so long or just happened to be friendly people.

Policy changes, I have noticed that too.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Maybe they finally realized that forcing your employees to meet various add-on quotas or they get in trouble also translated into customers getting sick of getting slammed with add-on asks every sale.

• 2Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

TLDR

• Skim milk
  • Oral rehydration solutions (like Pedialyte or Liquid I.V.)
  • Full fat milk
  • Orange juice
  • Cola
  • Diet Cola
  • Cold tea
  • Tea
  • Sports drink
  • Still water
  • Sparkling water
  • Lager
  • Coffee

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
nice, I'm definitely gonna be trying it out. Gonna try Anthony Hopkins when available.

• 1Like