<Silver Donator>

1588947459384.png

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Wonder how it does if it's windy out or is that not a thing with tiny drones?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wonder how it does if it's windy out or is that not a thing with tiny drones?
At least little quads and stuff wind is a big problem. Under 10feet or so unless it's a really gusty day seemed to help with mine. But as soon as you hit 15 feet or so into clear air, whatever the wind is doing really is felt. Granted these are $20-100 toys, but as small as that thing is, I doubt it can be that drastically stronger even if "military" grade. Though being a conventional helo setup might have some kind of benefit over a quad setup.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've never played with a large/expensive single rotor, but they do worse in wind in my experience. The quads can react to wind easier with rapid rpm changes. The single rotor has to respond with blade pitch changes. They're more efficient in general, though.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Those drones cost 40-190k each. That seems pretty expensive, but if they save lives on the battlefield I guess it's worth it. They seem to be useful for checking terrain for snipers and enemy positions. Watched a video from 2013 of someone using one and it went approx a mile away and sent some video back of a clifftop at around 200ft elevation. That seems quite impressive, but I know nothing about drones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Isn't FLIR the company that sells the thermal camera addons for smart phones? Predator vision drones would be pretty cool lol

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Gonna be interesting to see how this works out down the road.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Well fuck. FB getting their hands in something else. Personally I've found tenor (owned by Google) to have way better search results. I think giphy has been censoring out some of their results. Anyways, sad panda. There's still the bastard red headed stepchild that is gyfcat.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Well fuck. FB getting their hands in something else. Personally I've found tenor (owned by Google) to have way better search results. I think giphy has been censoring out some of their results. Anyways, sad panda. There's still the bastard red headed stepchild that is gyfcat.

only faggots use giphy

• 1Truth!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Since libs suck at memes, FB solved the problem buy buying giphy. This won't be the last purchase by big liberal tech to thwart the election.