Interesting, Non Political News

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Youtube is not behaving any smarter and they ARE google. Morons on every end of this.

gremlinz273

<Bronze Donator>

Youtube:
This is because the increased carbon dioxide in the air is causing increased plant growth which is leading to larger more vicious swarms of bees. This is global warming. Nature will have its revenge. Blessed Bee 🙌 🐝

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Weren't the bees supposed to be dying out or something?
Depends on the year, but they were never close to Endangered status. One report says that overall there has been a 30% decrease in hives since 1989...maybe. I found two conflicting charts for populations that are shown below.

The main concern was that commercial hives, in some years, had large enough losses that there was concern that the bee industry would be unable to cover the pollination needs of fruit/veg farmers. The cause of the losses did not seem well known at the time, so if the trend (of the worst years) continued, it would have actually caused issues for various crops. Of course the news orgs probably took that story and cranked it up to 11 for clicks/views.

Relevant to the video: The Queen dictates the aggressiveness of the hive, so it's possible that the hives were mildly aggressive previously, then a new queen took over one hive and caused that swarming incident.

2023-07-03 06.11.35 www.nass.usda.gov b80f9ae09191.png

Source (PDF from USDA NASS): LINK

VS.

2023-07-03 06.11.47 usafacts.org ff107e5a8a2c.png

2023-07-03 06.11.59 usafacts.org d74081f28699.png

Source (also from USDA NASS (?!?) via USAFacts.org): LINK

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Not sure where this goes:

2023-07-18 23.30.57 www.theguardian.com 83c94ab2143a.png

A very in depth video break down from a dude that is in the same field (-Business School- Behavioral Science):

• 1Cringe
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

gremlinz273

<Bronze Donator>
My studies into any study which asks participants to rate anything on a scale from what to whatever have shown that this is a completely bullshit and meaningless method to determine anything about what people actually believe.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm not a Taylor Swift fan, but this is a pretty cool move. I don't care if it was a PR move, or something she genuinely wanted to do.

And the truckers weren't the only ones. Dancers, technicians, just about everyone touring with her got bonuses of some sort. Her tour is going to bring in over one billion (yes, with a b) dollars, and you can bitch all you want about her lowering ticket prices and all that, but imagine being one of the drivers and getting this news. For many of them this is a life-changing amount of money.

Feel good news of the day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users