Interesting, Non Political News

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I don't get it... we use "alleged" a lot, but shouldn't there be circumstances where it's just plain fact? Like.. caught in the act, etc. You fail the breathalyzer test, plus you run people over... like at what point can we just go ahead and call a spade a spade? pfft!

I'm pretty sure it's so journalists don't get sued for libel. And you can drop 'alleged' after you've been convicted, AFAIK

ostrich.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
  • 2Like

Cybsled

She's fortunate she didn't get mauled by it (or if she did, it wasn't in the video). Park Rangers will also fine people for getting too close to the animals like that

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
lmao

I already get pretty rustled about the bullshit "will you round up for a donation to charity X"? (Fuck you - this is straight up tax fraud, asking customers for a charitable donation then counting it as a charitable donation by the company)

Now they're forgoing the illusion of charity and just saying "hey how about paying a little more for that purchase?"

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When McD's stops their 20pc + 2 free medium fry deal their app will never be used again. If we are doing the work for your cashiers we expect a discount, not to pay more "for the privilege."

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
lmao

I already get pretty rustled about the bullshit "will you round up for a donation to charity X"? (Fuck you - this is straight up tax fraud, asking customers for a charitable donation then counting it as a charitable donation by the company)

Now they're forgoing the illusion of charity and just saying "hey how about paying a little more for that purchase?"
I feel joy hitting the no tip button and I hope the cashier notices. Fuck tipping.

• 3Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The tipping thing is funny. I spent most of my life as a big defender of tipping. I worked in the restaurant industry long enough to know it was baked into the industry in that case so I was always a big proponent of tipping.

But they've taken it so far I'm ready to go full Mr Pink. And if theres no waitress involved? That's definitely go fuck yourself with a rusky fork territory.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The tipping thing is funny. I spent most of my life as a big defender of tipping. I worked in the restaurant industry long enough to know it was baked into the industry in that case so I was always a big proponent of tipping.

But they've taken it so far I'm ready to go full Mr Pink. And if theres no waitress involved? That's definitely go fuck yourself with a rusky fork territory.
I enjoy slapping the no tip button when it pops up. Fuck tipping.

Cybsled

Been following this Titanic sub thing. One thing I keep seeing people quote is "Pogue says it is also not possible for those aboard the sub to escape by themselves because they are sealed inside by bolts applied from the outside" and acting like you could just open a hatch and swim up to the surface from 3 miles down lol

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Cybsled

Ya, sad truth is they're probably dead already and it not, they will be. At that part of the ocean, you may as well be halfway to Mars. You keep seeing all these social media geniuses who are like "why isn't there a backup sub? why isn't there an escape pod? where is the rescue sub? why isn't it tethered to the boat?". At that depth, even the military doesn't really have much in the way of options. They can't even find the sub - even if they did have some viable rescue options, finding the sub itself is a needle in a haystack issue right now.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah they’re going to die if not already. That’s 5200 psi that deep.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Been following this Titanic sub thing. One thing I keep seeing people quote is "Pogue says it is also not possible for those aboard the sub to escape by themselves because they are sealed inside by bolts applied from the outside" and acting like you could just open a hatch and swim up to the surface from 3 miles down lol
I saw an article similar to this but they were talking about even if the sub automatically surfaced, which it’s designed to do, they can’t get out to get air and they’ll still die unless they’re found and those giant bolts are removed.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How does a carbon fiber sub that has a ruptured hull resurface automagicly ?