Iron Man 3 [Spoilers Everywhere]

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hehe either way, they are both terrible choices to play the Rhino.
Barely matters, I have total faith they'll make him look every bit as badass and terrifying as they did with the Lizard in the first one.

DLJOBuh.jpg

Oh yeah, nailed it.

MrBelding_sl

shitlord
Did not read whole thread so this is probably covered already - but did Iron Man's armor seem absurdly weak in this movie? And I'm not just talking about the prototype he was stuck with most of the time either. In the Avengers, he could take Thor's hammer to the chest. Here, it seems like a really hot touch to the midsection can disable the whole suit... Some of the suits seemed to be made of solidified butter.

I liked the movie overall, but really could have used more "Iron Man kicking ass with gadgets" time.

Df~_sl

shitlord
I think that part that was intended design of the prototypes... if you look at the scene with Pepper in the bedroom during his nightmare, he makes one well placed strike and it dissassembles...

As for the suits melting to "the mandarin's" touch... he could have also just floated a couple meters (out of fire breathing range) and light him up without repercussion, but nope. MOVIETIME

MrBelding_sl

shitlord
I think that part that was intended design of the prototypes... if you look at the scene with Pepper in the bedroom during his nightmare, he makes one well placed strike and it dissassembles...
Yeah that was a pretty weird scene. Design awesome superpowered suit to fight aliens and gods. Ensure it breaks apart to one well placed karate chop...

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Uh he doesn't actually karate chop the suit. He just does a karate chop type motion and commands the suit to break into it's pieces.

fucker_sl

shitlord
nope. in one scene he karate chop an armor and cut it in half from head to pelvis. Tony had midair jump out of it to avoid that if i remember well

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Bad guy whose name I don't remember's 3000 degree molten flesh is what cut the suit in that instance. He is talking about when the suit activated due to Tony's dream and it was attacking Pepper and then Tony made the chop gesture and deactivated the suit.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
nope. in one scene he karate chop an armor and cut it in half from head to pelvis. Tony had midair jump out of it to avoid that if i remember well
He's talking about the bedroom scene, not when Killion slagged it. Tony doesn't actually chop the suit, he just has it programmed to disassemble when he does that two hand chop motion. Same as how his little kung fu pose summons the thing.

And I agree, suits were weak as a motherfucker. Was pretty disappointed he didn't end up in the Hulkbuster armor and at least kick a little ass.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Unless Electro and the Green Goblin are exchanging roles, I doubt it.
You have to admit that the choice of clothing is definitely interesting though. I doubt she wore the same outfit every issue, so that's clearly a strange choice if they aren't going to film that scene.

Also, comics need more of that shit. Everyone being brought back to life takes away all tension.

Arakkis

N00b
You know this discussion got me thinking about the parallels between Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne. They are very similar characters, obviously, but in the movie Tony was like the anti-Batman. Where Batman has some elaborate strategy planned for every possible instance, most of Tony's plans either backfired on him or didn't account for what actually happened and he was blindsided. I just realized that. huh

Brad2770

You know this discussion got me thinking about the parallels between Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne. They are very similar characters, obviously, but in the movie Tony was like the anti-Batman. Where Batman has some elaborate strategy planned for every possible instance, most of Tony's plans either backfired on him or didn't account for what actually happened and he was blindsided. I just realized that. huh
Not to mention he is very open about who he is. He is the same person in the suit as he is out of it. Bruce Wayne and Batman are very different people.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
and Bruce Wayne's kind of little pussy bitch, where as Tony Stark is an amazing scientist, one of the smartest men in the world, and complete badass who isn't afraid to murder a mother fucker when they deserve it (and sometimes when they don't).

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Tony is the scientist who creates his own shit to help him fight while Bruce is the consummate fighter who has others make his shit to help him fight. (Which has never really been explained in the comics)

Since Tony has the Iron Man armor, he doesn't need even half the fucking gadgets that Batman does, no batmobile, batboat, batcopter, batbreather, batbombs etc.

Szlia

Surely, Bruce Wayne offshored the manufacturing of his gadgets to China or to another place where they don't know about Batman!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Saw it today. The action was great. The cg was excellent. The story wasnt to my taste but it at least was better than IM2

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I think that's part of the appeal of Iron Man. Tony Stark is who he is, there's no fucking around with the standard secret identity or double life or whatever you get with Bat/Spider/Super-man etc. Not that those ideas are bad as such, they can be used in an interesting way, but they've become really overplayed in the last decade or so of the comic book movie explosion.