It (2017)

spronk

FPS noob
Its a good scary movie for people who generally don't watch scary movies. If you watch a lot of horror its not a surprise you thought this was dumb/lame.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I don't watch horror which is why I was so excited to see this. Recently watched exorcist on fox and loved it, was hoping this would be dark like event horizon, but ended up feeling campy for me.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I thought the slideshow was effective as a creepy scene of penny wise fucking with them. Then it just went full retard.

• 1Solidarity

Rime

<Donor>
Pennywise is best used as a slow burn, being creepy and unsettling. New movie tried to go jump scare/modern horror instead of creeping dread, with small payoffs.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
Jessica Chastain in Talks to Star in ‘It’ Sequel (EXCLUSIVE)

vOV0Udk.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pennywise is best used as a slow burn, being creepy and unsettling. New movie tried to go jump scare/modern horror instead of creeping dread, with small payoffs.
problem is creeping dread is a lot easier to pull off over a mini series where you are seeing him a few times in an episode. In a 2 hour movie when he has to show up to at least each of the main characters one or more times there just is a limit to how much creeping that can happen there under those constraints.

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
problem is creeping dread is a lot easier to pull off over a mini series where you are seeing him a few times in an episode. In a 2 hour movie when he has to show up to at least each of the main characters one or more times there just is a limit to how much creeping that can happen there under those constraints.
That's a good point. I though The Exorcist show on Fox was fantastic, but it was a slow build to full on demon possession. Completely different genre and feel, but I think the idea is the same.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Just saw this because it was on HBO. I'm not a horror movie fan at all but I really enjoyed this. The red haired girl was great and super pretty and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of her. The funny thing was she caught my eye because she plays the younger version of Amy Adams character in Sharp Objects on HBO and then here she is again. I looked her up on IMDB and these two things are basically all she's done and I just happened to see both of them in a week. She seems to have a bright future ahead of her though.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Looks awesome, can’t wait.

Last edited:
  • 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

spronk

FPS noob
jesus christ if you are an adult why the fuck would you ever go back to that town

great adult cast

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
jesus christ if you are an adult why the fuck would you ever go back to that town

great adult cast

I get that when they were kids they swore to come back and fight IT again if it came back but seriously leave and never come back.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
IT (and The Stand) were some of my favourite movies as a teen, but I really hope they change up the ending in this.

Trailer looks great, but the original was also amazing until the last 10 minutes. Nearly 6 hours of tension and horror leading up to a confrontation towards a great evil
Fear the mechanical ant!

Ending would be better if they just entered into the sewer, a flash of white then a little red baloon floating out, then just end it right there. Not read the book, so might be the movie missed the mark, but hopefully the change isn't just going "Oh look how creepy it is now that we can model it with CGI!".