It (2017)

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I get that when they were kids they swore to come back and fight IT again if it came back but seriously leave and never come back.

Yeah, I agree but the book made it pretty clear that they were more than just compelled to come back. They even forgot most of the terrible shit that happened to them and only truly remembered what happened once they were too far to turn back.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
jesus christ if you are an adult why the fuck would you ever go back to that town

great adult cast

There was a kind of amnesia that made them forget what happened with Pennywise. When Pennywise came back was when they started getting vague glimpses of it and one of them did something drastic that brought the gang back together as adults.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

Heian

Molten Core Raider
The lady house part was pretty great. Naked person walking in strange pattern. The director is getting ready for Attack on Titan. :)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
IT (and The Stand) were some of my favourite movies as a teen, but I really hope they change up the ending in this.

Trailer looks great, but the original was also amazing until the last 10 minutes. Nearly 6 hours of tension and horror leading up to a confrontation towards a great evil
Fear the mechanical ant!

Ending would be better if they just entered into the sewer, a flash of white then a little red baloon floating out, then just end it right there. Not read the book, so might be the movie missed the mark, but hopefully the change isn't just going "Oh look how creepy it is now that we can model it with CGI!".
The book's ending was fairly good, one thing concerning Derry in particular.

The movie was better than expected. Skarsgard did a good Pennywise. Only minor criticism was the 80s setting, some story changes and it could have been scarier.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The one thing I hope they do is add some real terror and such to the 2nd chapter. It's just hard for me to fathom adults being that terrified of something they basically beat the crap out of as seven 13 year olds.

• 2Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
The one thing I hope they do is add some real terror and such to the 2nd chapter. It's just hard for me to fathom adults being that terrified of something they basically beat the crap out of as seven 13 year olds.

You have a point, but on the other hand I find myself having a lot more things to be afraid of and to be worried about as an adult than as a kid. Kids are more carefree, they have simple fears for the most part. For adults it's a whole other bag. Plus things that scared you as a kid tend to stick with you and you remember them as a lot scarier than they were as an adult, ever watch an old horror movie that used to scare you and even as an adult you remember it was so scary but then when you do watch it it's not that bad anymore? I hope that movie goes for a little more subtelty in its terrors.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
jesus christ if you are an adult why the fuck would you ever go back to that town

great adult cast

Cuz it comes back after them and they gotta go down in the sewer to finish it off.

That whole it's gonna pick us off one by one unless we band together and go down after it thing.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
First half of trailer looks good. I stopped it - I don't need to see any more, without a doubt I'll see this in theaters. Excited for it!

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
I think I'm officially tired of the Inception horn in every single movie trailer.

Otherwise it looks good.

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Now if they'd just make sure and allude to the fact that the spider creature It actually is is connected to the Dark Tower and the Turtle and then soft reboot the hell out of DT and boom new franchise.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

great adult cast

He's in their head and drives one of them to suicide to kick things off.

The rest realize it's them or him and are forced to go back to make it stop. They literally have constant, vivid hallucinations of him no matter where they go.

As the trailer states by Pennywise, he's had a long time to be suuuper pissed off and lick his wounds.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Stan could handle being afraid. He just couldn't handle being dirty.

edit - it's too bad Stan didn't have more to do in the film. I like the character in the book quite a bit even if he's a wiener in the made for TV miniseries. In the book he's the one that has the idea to clean up the blood in Beverly's bathroom. He's a neat and fastidious boy so it fits his character to see that as a solution. Beverly, Stan and Ed then clean it up and launder the rags and their friendship takes a step forward. The movie pushes that on to Bill.

Last edited:
  • 1Like