It (2017)

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Great flick, will be interesting to see casting choices for the sequel as the kids will be hard to top

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Nah they're casting now, but Jessica chastain seems like the front runner for deb from what I've read. Sounds like several scenes were cut from this as well due to money, but this did really well so they should be able to cast who they want now

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I liked it. I wish we had more pennywise but it was a solid 7/10.

Last edited:

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Pretty scary at times. They had a lot of good build up for some of the more intense scenes and I really liked Skarsgård as Pennywise. All the things they did like off setting his eyes and the drool really made him unsettling to look at.

I wish they fleshed out more of the bully's chasing them into the sewers because what happens to Belch and Vic is some grade A horror that I think was a missed opportunity. Bowers in the books second act is just kind of wasted time so I'm not really upset they kill him off.

8/10. I'll probably go see it again with my buddy this week.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I was really pissed off that the fat kid didn't get the girl. They had a deeper connection but I guess looks win out in the end? Fuck that.

• 1Picard

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>

New one is creepier, but lacks the classic "oh yes, they float..." line

spronk

FPS noob
i love tim curry but man its fucking nostalgia going 100 fold for those who say that was a better pennywise. The new clown is scary as FUCK, and he has all the mannerisms of a goddamn monster who can barely pass as a mortal being. The way he "Take IiiiiTTTTTTTTT" is CREEPY AS FUCK. His eyeballs are doing all sorts of random ass shit too.

Then the motherfucker starts drooling as he stares at Georgie, like Homer Simpson at a beautiful pork chop with all the fixins. Georgie was never gonna live long anyways with or without It, any normal kid would have started running at Kenyan sprinting speeds 5 seconds into that chat.

• 1Solidarity

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
New one is creepier, but lacks the classic "oh yes, they float..." line

I still maintain that is a colossal fuckup, and they failed to setup the whole "you'll float too" that they used throughout the movie. People who didn't see the original It were probably like "what the fuck?" I wonder why they left it out.. Argh!!! It was honestly the one recurring thought I had that distracted me from the rest of the otherwise really good movie.

Brad2770

i love tim curry but man its fucking nostalgia going 100 fold for those who say that was a better pennywise. The new clown is scary as FUCK, and he has all the mannerisms of a goddamn monster who can barely pass as a mortal being. The way he "Take IiiiiTTTTTTTTT" is CREEPY AS FUCK. His eyeballs are doing all sorts of random ass shit too.

Then the motherfucker starts drooling as he stares at Georgie, like Homer Simpson at a beautiful pork chop with all the fixins. Georgie was never gonna live long anyways with or without It, any normal kid would have started running at Kenyan sprinting speeds 5 seconds into that chat.

I thought the Curry IT was creepier/scarier because of three reasons:

1) That was the first live iteration of IT
2) We were younger, so things intended to be frightening had a larger affect
3) Clowns then at that time (at least for me) were not considered frightening. This was before “Clowns are scary” bandwagon.

Juvarisx

Florida
I wouldn't be surprised if the Georgie scene at the beginning is lengthened in the directors cut ( adding 15 minutes at this point). They have hinted they had to tone that scene down, and maybe that line had to be axed to make it work for the theatrical release.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
This movie was more funny than it was scary, but it was entertaining overall.

I feel bad for the little kid, I'm not even a dad or anything, I dunno kid just seemed extra sincere.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I liked the movie, but didn't love it.

Pennywise was great in the opening scene. After that most of what he did was CLANKSCREAM rapidly across a room as slowly as possible. I just didn't find it that effective. I got a small thrill when he popped out of the projector screen, but that was mostly it.

The kids were well done, but I just never felt the overwhelming sense of dread that the book hammers into you. It's going to ring a bit hollow for me when the next movie comes out and all of the adults are absolutely freaking out over It's return. Relax, bros, it's NBD. Maybe I'm just too old for horror movies.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I saw this at a drive-in theater and they had a guy slowly walking around with a red balloon. I was laying in the back of an SUV enjoying the movie and out of the corner of my eye I just saw this red balloon floating past the side window.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users