It's time to come clean.

khalid

Unelected Mod
OK, that a 'splains it. Carry on.
I am making breaded pork cutlets.
Maybe this will put it in perspective. I have a ban bet with Tad over the location of MH 370. Tad thinks Iran stole it for mangosteins. If this turns out to be the case, I will definitely be gone from this forum forever. On the other hand, if the plane crashed, Tad is banned.

Now if Araysar is allowed to walk away from his bet, then this bet means nothing. Why did I even bother with it? After all, I might just be able to waltz right back even if it turned out Iran stole the plane. How is that fair to the good citizens of this forum? It wasn't just a skipping of a ban bet, it was a literal secondary assault on my very honor and integrity.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Avatar bets were once sacrosanct to this community.

But Tuco has altered the rules so often that nothing means anything any more.

We are left bereft, untethered and cast adrift in an ocean of nihilism and as a result, only chaos and the destruction of this community by retards can follow.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I get this; with the understanding that all of you are incredibly detailed figments of someone else's imagination and I would not want any figment's honor assaulted.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
It isn't the avatar that's important. It's the welching.

Dude made a year long avatar bet over football (a thing that is supposed to be fun), lost, and then refused to wear the avatar assigned to him.

Assign to that whatever level of importance you'd like.

Personally I think it's some faggot shit, in the Louis CK sense of the word. Others may not care. If those others include the mods, then the mods have decided that avatar betting is now de-facto no longer a thing around here. It removes a layer of argument and competitiveness from the overall miasma of discussion that happens here. Sports guys can't bet their avatars anymore. It devalues all of our accounts here and generally tends to dim and dull the world.

But they're mostly all commies so that pretty much fits. They are crimestopping the newspeak before it starts. On their way to a grey mediocrity.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
My post about the avatar thing being silly was mostly transferrence...I was happily reading along and hit a Gravy bump. That combined with the day I had resulted in posting that should be deleted or edited, but fuck it. I should learn from my mistakes.

Yes, a person, real or imaginary should not make a bet if they can't accept the consequences.

Pork cutlets were good even if the chickpea flour burnt a little.

What were we talking about again?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Me too, thought it was a history lesson...still can't figure out how a flipping avatar bet is of such concern, I see such serious and often horrible stuff/info irl, it's difficult for me to comprehend the silliness that caused such debate and wasted time.
Mrs. Gravy confirmed Aryasar. Does this mean Gravy was really Aryasar all along????

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
You better not fucking cry when people start chain reporting all his posts!
You mean, like 10m after he started posting again the other day? LOL

Good to know the mods are cucks and no longer enforce bets, Bernie is less of a cuck than you faggots.
I said from the outset that we had no business enforcing some retarded bet on the Internet that had a bunch of people crying, but I got overruled on that one. Best I can say is talk to Tuco or one of the other Mods that backed that bet. Tell Tuco I suck buckets of cock, he'll probably agree.

looks like Burnnoob took his losing from the NFL thread to this thread. Nice to see everyone still making fun of him!
I'm glad you guys finally managed to work that issue out yourselves. I never did see anyone report a single post from there, so I can't imagine that whatever debate you guys were having managed to scar anyone permanently. Another crisis averted!
tongue.png

Others may not care. If those others include the mods, then the mods have decided that avatar betting is now de-facto no longer a thing around here..
I can only speak for myself, but put me down in the "IDGAF" column. If you think that Araysar is some kind of nefarious, mustache-twirling bet-welcher...then I dunno, avoid any bets with him in the future? He's pretty much blacklisted in most peoples minds already, and he's more or less attacked on sight. People talk like bets were hallowed ground or something, maybe they were with Tuco in the past, but the way I see it people just trip over themselves anymore to run crying to the Mods anytime someone says something they don't like. If Araysar is the forum equivalent of the kid on the playground that no one can get along with, then FFS stop playing with him. I thought people were really overreacting to his"I took a video of racism but can't post it"posts, but I wasn't going to go into that thread and defend him from getting dogpiled, either. As long as it doesn't devolve too far I don't really have a problem with people getting run out of a thread on a rail, so to speak. I thought the entire thing was a trainwreck, but whatever.

I assume this will be a wildly unpopular post, but I'm not going to sugar-coat it. I sure as shit am not doing this to be popular or for any sense of enjoyment (being Amod pretty much destroys that completely). And this is just my 2 cents; I'm not speaking for any other Mod on this, so please don't go giving other Mods a bunch of shit. I unbanned him, people can neg me, PM me, call me a piece of shit asshole Nazimod or simply go over my head if they want.

EDIT: got sidetracked with RL stuff and now I see Tuco sneaked a post in there. Fucking typical.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I volunteer to be the mod of bets. Lets make Rerolled bets meaningful again.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Also, where the fuck are our butthurt updates if people were really reporting araysar's posts?

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I can only speak for myself, but put me down in the "IDGAF" column. If you think that Araysar is some kind of nefarious, mustache-twirling bet-welcher...then I dunno
You misunderstand me. It is the forum I care about, not Araysar.

It is a better place when we can make avatar bets. That's all I'm saying.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I get flowery with the way I put things sometimes. It's just in fun when I speak like that. I mean it mostly all in subtle in-joking jest.

But, real talk, you should enforce that bet.