John Wick: Chapter 3 (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
All I can think of is Swordfish and Catwoman. And what happens to a frog when it's hit by lightning. Halle Berry tits aren't worth the print.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wick vs. Bronn? Come on, this is going to be amazing.

Had a laugh when I saw Laurence Fishburne is in this. I hope he offers Wick a choice, lol.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Wick vs. Bronn? Come on, this is going to be amazing.

Had a laugh when I saw Laurence Fishburne is in this. I hope he offers Wick a choice, lol.

Apparently Fishburne was in #2 as well... (I still need to see #2 lol... dont hurt me).

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
how are you two doofs commenting on this and haven't seen 2 yet?

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am looking forward to this and the trailer doesn't seem bad, I doubt it can live up to the first two but even if it's just decent it will be worth the watch. I also didn't like the Halle Berry appearance but whatever.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I forgot Fishburne was in 2 as well until they showed him looking like a bum in the trailer at which point it clicked.

Liked everything in the trailer except for Halle Berry. I think I saw a shot of the trans/whatever/thing actor from Billions who was pretty enjoyable SJW shit aside.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
how are you two doofs commenting on this and haven't seen 2 yet?

I saw #1 and it was awesome of course, but lets be honest, it was pure eye candy.
#2 didn't seem like something that had to be seen, I'll probably see it eventually. Also I don't remember people exclaiming it to be that great, so figured it was just cashing in on #1s success... but when they make a 3rd you check in to see what's going on.

Same shit with Fast and the Furious series... I skipped 2-3 of those movies. It's the same shit over and over, you just need to catch the good ones.

(also personally I don't have time to watch every single movie anymore :()

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
quick, name a hot black actress in 2019
(not some singer or celebrity like a kardashian)
I vote Gabrielle Union.
Also on the action movies where the hero dies... How about the Edge or Tomorrow.
Its true Cruise gets better after he dies but he still dies a bunch.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
They make you forget about trash like Johnny Pneumonic.

How can you utter such blasphemy? Dolph as a cyborg street preacher and a dolphin as Anonymous hacker - fucking genius writing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
How can you utter such blasphemy? Dolph as a cyborg street preacher and a dolphin as Anonymous hacker - fucking genius writing.

Henry rollins as a cyber doc, Ice T as random techno anarchist for a weird scifi flick it had a pretty great cast.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dina Meyer was the girl in that one, we saw her tits in the original Starship Troopers and now imdb has informed me they made another animated movie for that franchise as recently as 2017 and both her and Casper Van Dien voiced in it.

Yeah, Keanu got the better career trajectory.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yea, 30, thanks.

And holy shit I forgot Speed which I watched 1000x lol.

I was expecting you to say Arnold, Stallone, or Bruce Willis... but Tom Cruise? lol nahhhh...

I'm talking the pure action movies with someone steamrolling baddies. Jet Li and Matt Damon might be contenders for current gen, but Keanu has The Matrix, Constinople, Ronin, and John Wick, he's gotta be #1 current gen. And Arnold, Stallone, Willis are the previous gen
Well if you're using the stipulation of abusing bad guys, then ok, Cruise is out. I guess. But I don't know what you'd call the guy that made all those Mission Impossibles, Edge of Tomorrow, Collateral, Jack Reacher, The Last Samurai, Minority Report & Oblivion were action-y enough, even the fucking shitty Mummy, and all in the same time frame from The Matrix...if not an action hero? Blockbuster hero then?? So ok, beating up bad guys, no Cruise. Not beating up bad guys, Cruise and Reeves are at least a pick 'em. And again, I love Reeves, and will watch almost anything he's in.

And if you're going off of pure steamrolling bad guys, assuming Reeves is #1, Statham shits all over Li and Damon, at least for the past decade anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Well if you're using the stipulation of abusing bad guys, then ok, Cruise is out. I guess. But I don't know what you'd call the guy that made all those Mission Impossibles, Edge of Tomorrow, Collateral, Jack Reacher, The Last Samurai, Minority Report & Oblivion were action-y enough, even the fucking shitty Mummy, and all in the same time frame from The Matrix...if not an action hero? Blockbuster hero then?? So ok, beating up bad guys, no Cruise. Not beating up bad guys, Cruise and Reeves are at least a pick 'em. And again, I love Reeves, and will watch almost anything he's in.

And if you're going off of pure steamrolling bad guys, assuming Reeves is #1, Statham shits all over Li and Damon, at least for the past decade anyway.
Good points, I see cruise more blockbuster. His action movies are more calculated and less pure adrenaline... with some exceptions of course.

Forgot about Statham. Probably cause I just don't like many of his movies. But yea he fits the bill

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Funny, all of those guys are in their 50's, save Damon, who is 48. Reeves (54), Li (55), Stathom (51), Cruise (56).

Jeremy Remmer (48). The Rock (46). Both accruing some action movies under their belts.

Bruce Willis (63), Vin Diesel (51), Gerard Butler (49), Liam Neeson (66).

Arnold Schwarzenegger (71).

/derail

Anywho. Finally watched that trailer. Stoooooked. Same great cinematography, the whole "when it rains it pours" visual theme. More creative fighting choreography, and fucking awesome dog action - which is about time. Then again, wtf would a beagle do. A pitty and a GSD, hell yeah. Motorcyles, of which Reeves is incredibly proficient with (races and has his own website Arch Motorcycle ). Swords, fucking horses. Books instead of pencils.

Fishburne needs to lighten up on his giddiness about working with Reeves again, you could see it in his face and hear it in his words in JW2. Seems that's carrying over. Everyone else is able to maintain composure and seriousness, the latter of which is what really sells the movie.

My only qualm is Halle Berry, of course. Fuck her. But I had reservations about Ruby Rose after seeing her "act" in Orange is the New Black. Fortunately she didn't have any (spoken) lines, which worked out perfectly. Sofia Boutella would have my pick for the "diversity" role. At least I'd be able to believe her kicking ass, not a stunt double.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Statham was really good in that over the top shark movie 'The Meg'

He's a super fit dude in real life, plus martial arts training etc so it works. Not that the Meg was an action film, but I'm talking his screen persona and presence.

On topic: I will go and see this film opening weekend. These guys deserve my money at the door, simply based on how good JW1 was. JW2 was a good solid film, and i enjoyed it, it was always a huge challenge following JW1.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
On topic: I will go and see this film opening weekend. These guys deserve my money at the door, simply based on how good JW1 was. JW2 was a good solid film, and i enjoyed it, it was always a huge challenge following JW1.
You could just view it as, JW1 was great, in order to make another such great movie, they needed a lead-in movie and that was JW2, if you think about it, JW2 is basically setting up JW3 and why it's JW vs.
giphy.gif

• 2Like