Joker (2019)

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Hubby and some friends saw this in Venice, Italy during a film festival. They absolutely raved about the movie -- though it was very disturbing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Hubby and some friends saw this in Venice, Italy during a film festival. They absolutely raved about the movie -- though it was very disturbing.
The gay endorsement. Hmmm, not sure what to make of that.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I wanted to look like a North Korean General.
giphy.gif

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Bro could you use a term less gay than ‘hubby’?Like ‘Guy I buttfuck with’ or something.

Curious what people here think of it. Trailers look interesting but I don’t trust trailers much anymore.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Saw YMS review and he gave 7/10.
But he pointed out some cliche and dumb shit.
Anyway, still going to watch it.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If Joaquin goes full Joaquin this is going to be pretty divisive and I'll probably love the fuck out of it if I can mentally separate it from the DC Universe.

j00t

If Joaquin goes full Joaquin this is going to be pretty divisive and I'll probably love the fuck out of it if I can mentally separate it from the DC Universe.

i think based on style and tone from what we've seen, that probably won't be that hard if you mentally prep yourself before hand. i'm betting they don't even use the name "joker" outside of the title.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
i think based on style and tone from what we've seen, that probably won't be that hard if you mentally prep yourself before hand. i'm betting they don't even use the name "joker" outside of the title.
Doesn't he say "call me Joker" in one of the previews?

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Doesn't he say "call me Joker" in one of the previews?

maybe, but there's all kinds of things that are in trailers that aren't actually in the main film. but maybe he does. either way the whole tone of the film doesn't come across like it's a batman movie so it should be pretty easy to disassociate from any DC film

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
"One small favor. When you bring me out, can you introduce me as Joker?" 2:00 into the final trailer.

• 1Like

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
Has anyone considered the idea that he’ll have a more intense final form? I know someone predicted him dancing down the steps as being the last scene, but maybe there’ll be a chemical exposure and some more Joker-esque features before the credits roll. Here’s hoping....

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Joaquin Phoenix walked out of an interview after he was asked whether certain scenes in Joker could inspire acts of violence in the real world.

This is gonna lead to some serious shit if does lead to violent acts. Families suing the creators, potential censorship type crap. It could get real ugly.

• 1Like

j00t

honestly i'm disappointed he walked out in the first place. that should be a question that everyone expected and prepped for. i mean just get tom hardy to write down his feelings on that kind of question and repeat it verbatim. that dude makes art out of saying "that's a really stupid question and you should feel ashamed of yourself for thinking it was anything else"

Szlia

It's funny how some people are like "*sob* *sob* it's not the joker I know" when 87658765 authors wrote 87658765 versions of the Joker in comics.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users