Joker (2019)

spronk

FPS noob
Joaquin Phoenix and Todd Phillips (director) stopped by a few theaters in NYC right before screenings to thank people for seeing their movie, thats pretty cool

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Friend went to see it in Huntington Beach and they shut the whole theater complex down. He said there’s tactical police everywhere.
What an amazing campaign. Whatever marketing executive dreamed up the idea to spread rumors of incel violence around this movie was a damn genius. Can you imagine any better publicity for a movie than tactical police squads everywhere? "What are those cops there for?" "Joker" "Oh, want to see it?"

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Thought the movie was pretty great. One of the best to ever come from the DC IP. Phoenix is amazing, as expected.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Just got back from seeing it, Small police presence checking people at the door. I fucking hated the movie.

As someone who has a father suffering from violent schizophrenia paying to watch this movie was just unfun and nerve wracking. Combined with the fact I thought I was going to get shot in the back of the head by Gavinmad Gavinmad did not make for a good viewing experience.

It was just about a sick person who found a gun.

Also we sat in front of some tattooed white dude who was watching the movie by himself about halfway through he turns on the fucking flash light on his phone and I thought "whelp, this is it, dying watching this fucking movie"

From a movie standpoint it was fantastic in terms of acting and script, it made sense etc and had some moments.

I think this movie may of actually "triggered" me....

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 10 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
They guy two rows in front of me had stupid shaggy hair and I could see above the seats that he kept fiddling with his pockets. I figured since there were only three of us in the theatre it wouldn’t be worth it for the 24 hour news cycle.

• 2Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
They had every man be a potential pedophile thanks to the stranger danger stuff, now they have every man be a potential mass murderer. I sure am glad that people aren't easily scared by nonsense...

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled

joz123

Potato del Grande
Just got back from seeing it, Small police presence checking people at the door. I fucking hated the movie.

As someone who has a father suffering from violent schizophrenia paying to watch this movie was just unfun and nerve wracking. Combined with the fact I thought I was going to get shot in the back of the head by Gavinmad Gavinmad did not make for a good viewing experience.

Also we sat in front of some tattooed white dude who was watching the movie by himself about halfway through he turns on the fucking flash light on his phone and I thought "whelp, this is it, dying watching this fucking movie"

From a movie standpoint it was fantastic in terms of acting and script, it made sense etc and had some moments.

*have*

• 2Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why would an incel shoot up a movie that's apparently pro incel or whatever the accusation is?

Wouldn't they watch the movie then walk next door to shoot up some shitty romantic comedy?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I don't plan to shoot you in the back of the head.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

This is one of my favorite movie reviews of all time.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
If there is a shooting related to this movie it's 100% on the media, they are practically begging, over a megaphone, to make someone more famous than god for 48 hours if they shoot up this movie so they can use it for political purposes. At this point i'll be surprised if it doesn't happen.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there should be a law that prosecutes the media for inciting this kind of panic.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
WILL I BE SAFE IF I GO SEE THIS DURING THE DAY???

If you think you can handle it

jokermacro.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
Enjoyed it, about what I expected going by the one trailer I saw and the media crying about it. One change I would have made though:

At the end where the guy kills the Waynes, I would have cut that part out. Have the later shot of Bruce standing over their bodies start on his face and zoom out to show them dead at his feet instead.