Mr. Poopybutthole
PVnZCWl.jpg

i don't know the right two jokers, i assume thats comic/cartoon stuff

Gotham

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
2nd from right is from Gotham TV show just like the tallest Batman I think

No idea on far right might be from Tv too

I’ll say it. Mark Hamill honestly is the best joker. I feel like Ledger could have had the same performance as any character. He was limited in what makes the joker as a character. He nailed the agent of chaos madman. But he could have been the same performance as a new take on Two face, or me freeze or anyone. The only tie to the character of joker he had was makeup and a suit. He could have been any “freak character”. And don’t get me wrong I loved him and the character but if you want me to think of joker as a character it’s mark Hamill animated beating robin to death.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Correct me if I’m wrong but the Batman ones are
Left to right

Kilmer
Keaton
Gotham?
Affleck
Clooney
Bale
West

Also - Should I watch Gotham? Never seen one episode

joz123

Potato del Grande
PVnZCWl.jpg

i don't know the right two jokers, i assume thats comic/cartoon stuff
First joker behind Phoenix to the right is Suicide Squad then the 2 right of it are Gotham shows Jokers before then after acid bath.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Saw this today. I think it was just okay.

I love the Joker in most of his iterations as I am a huge Batman fanboy. I think this kind of Falling Down backstory about being rejected by society and shit weakens him. The Joker is at his best when he has no real backstory and anything he says it likely lies. Such as in the Dark Knight Returns and The Killing Joke comics where he started just giving multiple backstories.

I prefer my Joker to just be batshit insane and loving it. This film kind of touches on that and the hallucinations he had help I guess.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Correct me if I’m wrong but the Batman ones are
Left to right

Kilmer
Keaton
Gotham?
Affleck
Clooney
Bale
West

Also - Should I watch Gotham? Never seen one episode

I liked Gotham.. It gets better as the seasons go along. You pretty much just have to put up with a horrible Jada Pinkett Smith character for the first 2 seasons. Penguin and Riddler are the highlights of the show for me.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Affleck may not have been the best actor but physically... that is Batman.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The more I think about the movie the more I question what was real and what wasn't. Like

He killed the other clown guy, lets the midget clown go. That scene was super uncomfortable especially after he left the door locked. Then, hours later and with the cops already trying to talk to him, was able to go on that TV show without getting arrested. Either Gary is the best bro of all time (or scared enough of Arthur that he thought calling the cops would get him killed) and the police are super incompetent, or everything past the refrigerator didn't happen and he either died there or the cops got to him before the last ~15-20 mins.

Well, also consider the time shift. This was obviously in the 70's. at most the mid 70's as we didn't even see people with pagers. Also, why the cops couldn't easily call in a mountain of backup and have every subway station under lock down when he was running on the train. It's possible he died in the fridge, but I don't think that way the case.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Well, also consider the time shift. This was obviously in the 70's. at most the mid 70's as we didn't even see people with pagers. Also, why the cops couldn't easily call in a mountain of backup and have every subway station under lock down when he was running on the train. It's possible he died in the fridge, but I don't think that way the case.

This is set in 1981

velk

Trakanon Raider
This was slow, boring, cliched and patronizing. Apparently the Joker is just a sad puppy who wants to be loved, but can't trust anyone anymore.

I regret watching it instead of, say, doing washing.

iannis

Musty Nester
Saw this today. I think it was just okay.

I love the Joker in most of his iterations as I am a huge Batman fanboy. I think this kind of Falling Down backstory about being rejected by society and shit weakens him. The Joker is at his best when he has no real backstory and anything he says it likely lies. Such as in the Dark Knight Returns and The Killing Joke comics where he started just giving multiple backstories.

I prefer my Joker to just be batshit insane and loving it. This film kind of touches on that and the hallucinations he had help I guess.

The Joker backstory that I like the most is that he's actually Loki just fucking around in gotham.

Yep, Batman is fighting an elder norse god. And usually winning, because just by existing and making batman fight him the joker has achieved his goals. Loki thrives on the conflict and the chaos, just like odin.

spronk

FPS noob
EGP2QgMXkAAtOvh.jpg

I wish the ending had cut the Waynes being shot and the chick shrink and instead had an older Joker talking at a table in the asylum to a younger man and just recounting some of his stories (the movie) and at the end he just says "goodbye Bruce, see you around" or something clever along those lines.

• 1Blown
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If Warner Brothers is open to non-cinematic universe non-special effects driven spectacle comic book films might I then suggest a gritty reboot of the 1960s television show?

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya if DC had any brain cells they would do a sort of "black" villain series in the world of Phoenix's Joker. Release every fall (slow movie period), Scarecrow, Harvey Dent, etc either building up to something ensemble driven, or fuck even stand alone but in the same world w/ references etc.

BTW, I loved this Joker. Great, uncomfortable, cool movie.