Joker (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is there reason to think it's more than just the standard Joker killing Jason Todd with a crowbar?

it's an old, basically defunct argument based on the BvS trailer. there's a shot where batman is looking at robin's old suit. it has "HA HA HA" written all over it and there are some bullet holes in non vital areas. at the same time, in the suicide squad promo pictures, joker has some interesting scars, it seems, in VERY similar places. the director has stated that the theory is BS though, for what it's worth.

joker.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
The tattoo on his right bicep is also of a robin with an arrow through it. For whatever that's worth.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
if the director is telling the truth in denying the theory (rather than just not giving away the twist before their intended reveal), then it seems pretty likely that they originally intended it to be Robin but changed their mind for some reason

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Yeah, or leave the Nolan movies the fuck alone and let the current DC abortion play out until a better team takes over.

+1. They are overdoing it with the Joker. At this point, let it go with Ledgers and lets forget Leto's.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Robert Deniro is in this movie? Can he even perambulate anymore? After watching him embarrass himself regarding Trump I am not sure I ever want to see his mug in a movie again.

I started watching Jason Bourne last night and poor old Tommy Lee Jones is so old he can barely hold himself together anymore - and I am a huge fan of his work. Frankly, with the makeup they put on Jones in that movie it would be a small step to just make HIM the Joker.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would much prefer to watch Heath Ledger play a Zombie Joker over this movie.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Just got a mental image of playing Weekend At Bernie's with Heath Ledger's corpse and laughed out loud to myself

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Good trailer. I love Joaquin Phoenix, so I'm definitely checking this out.

• 2Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I feel like I'm gonna need to mentally separate this "Joker" from the DC Universe in order to properly enjoy it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Phoenix is undeniably a great character actor, but what the heck is this movie going to be? I will have to say that is the way to do a teaser trailer, whet your appetite with the lead actor but don't reveal much in the way of story.

Intrigued.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Yea tthis is outside the DCU and wont ever have a prequel or sequel. The plan if it does well is to have standalone darker movies outside the DCU.

They havent released a rating yet, but with a budge tof only 55 million I hope its R