Joker (2019)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
but isnt there like, A million Earths in the DC universe?
So this is just one version of the character
to simplify that shit, with new 52, there are now only 52 earths. (but little by little they keep adding another earth)

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Pretty sure Warner Bros has stated that they're going to do a bunch of one-offs for the DCU in going forward that aren't connected at all. So yes, this is someones vision of Joker which may or may not mean anything down the road.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i would tolerate a sympathetic joker, one that appears to be GOING crazy because of nuture; society, people, work, everything just beats him down or whatever, ONLY if the end of the movie demonstrates unequivocally that joker was ALWAYS crazy. he wasn't DRIVEN crazy, he's just pure, sociopathic insanity and always was. obviously the attempt with the film is to make a villain empathetic only to pull the rug out from under the viewer, but unless it's made perfectly clear that joker is, was, and always will be irredeemably psychotic then it's missed the entire point of the character

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, I wouldn't mind seeing this be a movie showing Joker descending -further- into madness and at the end become the Joker we know. I am 100% sure Phoenix can pull that off easily if the writing is there.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I just remembered the Ledger Joker's "you complete me" line would have been a cluster fuck of hilarity if Tom Cruise played Bruce Wayne in The Dark Knight...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I expect it to be too similar to Nolan's more serious take on batman where even if it's good it's still going to be standalone and not able to fit in with the rest of a comic book universe.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I expect it to be too similar to Nolan's more serious take on batman where even if it's good it's still going to be standalone and not able to fit in with the rest of a comic book universe.

I don't think they're trying to make this fit in with anything, it's on it's own.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is a really bizarre kind of trailer. Some weird uplifting kind of movie about... the Joker?

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Well this is more of him becoming the Joker, so I wouldn't be surprised if most of the time he's just breaking down mentally till he snaps toward the last 10-20 minutes.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Phoenix is a hell of an actor. I hope they gave him much freedom to explore the descent into madness.
I really really dont want this to suck.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users