Joker: Folie à Deux (2024)

joz123

Potato del Grande
i never said any movie with songs in it as in a soundtrack means its a musical. why would i make such a ridiculous claim? i said any movie where characters in the movie perform multiple songs. not one or two, but at least three and take up a sizable amount of screen time, means it counts as a musical IMO. somebody said moneyball counts as a musical because the stupid daughter performs that horrible song. its just one song and it was totally random. thats not a musical. the fact that people still cant grasp what i'm saying means i'm wasting my time trying to explain this, but i'm bored so here i am.

i wasnt attacking established norms of a musical. please read my posts instead of what others are saying my post was. i said any movie with multiple musical performances by characters can also be considered a musical. if Joe Schmoe performs 5 songs in a movie with his band/solo throughout the film. thats a musical because you are sitting through a character's performance. i was very specific that these have to be characters in the movie. a movie like Walk The Line is a biography, but its also a musical. it can be both.

hey thanks, yeah lots of people have been run off this site in the same way. i always try to encourage debate, but people see this as an opportunity to shit on the person and run them off the site. its pretty sad, sadder is that the people who need to get run off this site never get gone. somebody gets banned for 6 months, end up returning a week later mysteriously.
Season 1 Omg GIF by The Good Place

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
No one's reporting him so no one's trying to really get rid of him. It doesn't mean he can't get shit on everywhere he goes. It also doesn't mean that he isn't a massive derailing shit poster.
I think what you're not considering here is the element of intent. Do you think Chuk is trying to troll or derail threads with his posts, or just being honest in his terrible opinions? I don't see much if any evidence that he's trying to troll people or just being contrarian for contrarianism's sake. He's just that retarded. You just shake your head and move on.

With guys like Ossoi and Chris, it's different. Ossoi has a superiority and narcissism complex that gets expressed in almost every post he makes. He thinks nothing of everyone else, and so successfully disrupting people, trolling them, and other assorted dumbassery is merely confirmation of his sense of self superiority when called out on it. Chris is a different sort of superiority complex, but it manifests itself in nearly the same way in other parts of the forum, not so much in the movie section. That I've seen anyway.

There's also history to consider. You think people get banned for 1 offense? Maybe if they're new and they immediately trip the retard button, but long time people get lots of chances. Ossoi is pretty much on his last chance. If I was really being a hardass about it he would be gone right this second for the movie thread shit, since he IMMEDIATELY commenced that operation once out of the shaw this last time. This means he doesn't care about not being a shithead, cannot be reformed, and looks at any mercy as weakness on my part and people like you as fools and petty supplicants for supporting him. You do remember our conversation about this very thing in the amod thread, right? How you remarked how he seemed to be reformed and the extra chance worked? What do you think now?

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
I think what you're not considering here is the element of intent. Do you think Chuk is trying to troll or derail threads with his posts, or just being honest in his terrible opinions? I don't see much if any evidence that he's trying to troll people or just being contrarian for contrarianism's sake. He's just that retarded. You just shake your head and move on.

With guys like Ossoi and Chris, it's different. Ossoi has a superiority and narcissism complex that gets expressed in almost every post he makes. He thinks nothing of everyone else, and so successfully disrupting people, trolling them, and other assorted dumbassery is merely confirmation of his sense of self superiority when called out on it. Chris is a different sort of superiority complex, but it manifests itself in nearly the same way in other parts of the forum, not so much in the movie section. That I've seen anyway.

There's also history to consider. You think people get banned for 1 offense? Maybe if they're new and they immediately trip the retard button, but long time people get lots of chances. Ossoi is pretty much on his last chance. If I was really being a hardass about it he would be gone right this second for the movie thread shit, since he IMMEDIATELY commenced that operation once out of the shaw this last time. This means he doesn't care about not being a shithead, cannot be reformed, and looks at any mercy as weakness on my part and people like you as fools and petty supplicants for supporting him. You do remember our conversation about this very thing in the amod thread, right? How you remarked how he seemed to be reformed and the extra chance worked? What do you think now?
I think Astr0 is a major narcissist. He may not derail everything on purpose but he still derails everything. If he has a thought or wants to make something about him then he doesn't care if it changes the topic or not, even going as far as making a new thread about something that is already being discussed in an already existing thread.

It really does get irritating but I don't even care enough about him to report it.

Lightning Fast
I think Astr0 is a major narcissist. He may not derail everything on purpose but he still derails everything. If he has a thought or wants to make something about him then he doesn't care if it changes the topic or not, even going as far as making a new thread about something that is already being discussed in an already existing thread.

It really does get irritating but I don't even care enough about him to report it.
Self assurance, self delusion, and narcissism are quite different things IMO. I don't see Chuk crossing those lines very much, and I do see quite a few of his posts.

Either way, this has once again taken us outside of this thread. We can carry this on in the amod thread if desired.
There can only be ONE worst thread in the world after all...

• 1Ice Burn

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Well, like I said earlier, that's why I asked if he has retard privilege and it looks like he does. Though as Joz123 mentioned, he is a narcissist. You accuse Ossoi of thinking nothing of everyone else but Chuk does that kind of thing in a different form. He treats the board like his journal half the time (and doesn't appear to have the mental health issues of a Sox to fall back on). I don't think lack of willful intent simply because he's too self absorbed to care is much of an excuse.

I don't think people like Ossoi or Chris are as one note as you paint. I guarantee Ossoi cares about being a part of this community and finds value in it outside of any potential for trolling. I think you get laser focused on certain people you dislike and disregarding them as complete trolls. Screamfeeder was another example. Did he troll? Yes. Did he genuinely believe a lot of what he wrote about? I believe so. Just like parody isn't just comedy, trolling is sometimes more than just riling someone up. I realize that we will probably never see eye to eye on all these individual evaluations, though.

The movie thread stuff I get is some level of trolling, but shit, it's clever because he really wasn't doing anything wrong. I'm a person who never ignores or reports so I didn't mind people losing minor access to threads because they can't scroll. And, genuinely, it wasn't without value. Way more people will comment on a thread than start one and I think it's useful to have people starting the threads, whether it's Ossoi or Bandwagon or someone else. I look at myself -- I comment in TV and movie threads all the time and I'm fairly sure I've never actually created a thread there. It's funny how often a movie that isn't even that current won't have a thread, someone posts, and then you get a dozen or two posts in it. The only other real "trolling" I've seen is in the RIP thread but, again, I think a point is being made. Someone like Chuk complains about someone not being famous enough then makes multiple posts about a fucking donut magnate. Shit's going to matter different to different people. Some of the people I see get mentioned with multiple thumbs up and I've never heard of them.

As for if he's changed, I certainly have not seen a word about any of his "degeneracy" or things of that nature and I recall that was a big trigger for a lot of people. He completely cut that out. I think if you judge his behavior on just the past year or whatever since that last chance moment, he does not stand out as a bad actor in the community (especially when you account for how many people come after him with inciting comments). So, I think the same as I did then.

Feel free to move this post/chain to the BEST thread, but you did respond here!

• 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Astros is just a legitimate, older, cringey Jersey retard with legitimate retarded takes on things. He isn't purposefully trolling imo.

Ossoi is a retarded, autistic degenerate troll who contributes nothing whatsoever and actively seeks to disrupt the forum. Foler is the same but switch out autistic for fake and faggoty. Even putting Foler back on ignore didn't help improve Politics thread.

Ossoi and Foler belong in the rickshaw.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

narcissism and personal anecdotes are not the same thing. most of my stories dont make me look good, in fact you people make sure to point out how bad my little stories are and how bad it makes me look. some homo has an entire thread devoted to my anecdotes. not trying to make anything about me.
hey now, i resemble those remarks. whatever you think of me its whatever, i'm always honest and as i said earlier, my posts are mainly about encouraging debate , i sprinkle humor in with my serious posts just to not be boring. its what i do, what i have done for the last two decades, it rubs some people the wrong way because they dont "get" me or they get me but hate me for it because it disrupts their feng shui of how posting ought to be like. i have my own unique take on many things, thats by design.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Juvarisx

Florida

Chuk def doesnt intend or mean to troll, I used to think he did, but after posting almost exclusively in this section for years you can see a trailer for a movie and think "Hey he'd like that" and he does. He is actually a better poster then the drive by asshats just just say woke garbage before vanishing again. Even if its a "bad" opinion he actually will try to defend it and talk about the shows and films, and its way better then a lot of garbage takes we get in this section.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lightning Fast
hey now, i resemble those remarks. whatever you think of me its whatever, i'm always honest and as i said earlier, my posts are mainly about encouraging debate , i sprinkle humor in with my serious posts just to not be boring. its what i do, what i have done for the last two decades, it rubs some people the wrong way because they dont "get" me or they get me but hate me for it because it disrupts their feng shui of how posting ought to be like. i have my own unique take on many things, thats by design.
Too late! You better dig out your tinfoil-lined flatcap for protection because the Eye of Sauron is looking your way!

b91b628666bd4f524127c1194475d7c0.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Anyone posting their thoughts onto the internet is at least partially a narcissist and anyone who wants to moderate that has a superiority complex

• 2EyeRoll
  • 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
i wasnt attacking established norms of a musical.
This isn't a debate. The musical genre is well defined, and has been for well over a century. A movie about musicians is not a musical unless the songs are part of the dialogue and exposition.
Chuk still in this motherfucker saying that he doesn't believe in dictionaries.

You are fucking wrong. This isn't up for debate. it is not a matter of opinion.

edit: Oh I didn't see this thread got a whole new page of replies but my point still stands. I don't think Chuk is intentionally trolling per se, but I do believe he knows he is wrong about this and is too stubborn to admit it so he's just sticking his fingers in his ears and do the LALALALA dumb and dumber noise like a complete faggot.

It would be nice if he was forced to just admit he was wrong and I think his insistence that he isn't is in fact a form of trolling.

But what do I know, he could just be that fucking retarded. I mean the definition of musical and what is required to categorize something as a musical has been linked to him repeatedly but maybe he is too fucking retarded to be able to click on links or maybe he can't fucking read or something? I don't know. It's really hard to accept the "He's too retarded to understand what words mean" so just awshucks forgive him for his idiocy.

So I guess Troll job successful. Every time I read him post about "ok sure that may be the dictionary definition of that word and all but in my opinion i don't believe in words hurrr durrr..." I swear to god my blood pressure goes up IRL. I am at the point now that I would fucking pay to see russian special forces hook a car battery up to his testicles in real life and torture him to death until he admits he is fucking wrong about this.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Chuk still in this motherfucker saying that he doesn't believe in dictionaries.

You are fucking wrong. This isn't up for debate. it is not a matter of opinion.
Yes and a musical is still a musical, but I am including musical biopics in there as well. Just as much singing by the characters as any normal musical.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I re-watched that musical Scott Pilgrim the other night. Way better than Harley Quinn: Joker Boogaloo is likely to be.

Someone said much the same thing earlier, but Lady Gaga? Barf. I can't look at her without thinking how fucking ugly she is. I'd rather eat out that old lady from Kingpin.

• 1Worf