Poll khalid approval rating

Do you approve of the job khalid is doing as moderator?

• Disapprove

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • khalid sucks

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
"They failed to convince people, is why I don't take them seriously."

If dolphin fucker is any indication, most scientists dismiss PSI without investigation because of the stigma.

Why such stigma?

That's the real question.

If the last year has demonstrated anything, it's the fact that the media has total control over the popular opinions in this country and in every country with corporate media. If they don't approve of a subject it's taboo, and no scientist wants to look like a moron in front of their friends.

Even in the case of PSI, which has a mountain of available evidence confirming the effect exists.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Again, argument to popularity fallacy. Come at the subject without bias and the evidence speaks for itself.

Sorry this challenges your materialistic world view.

I'm happy to debunk that for you as well.

• 1Picard

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
"It is fringe woo science of the type that Deepak Chopra regularly throws around. Convincing only to people that see the word "quantum" and turn off their critical faculties."

I missed this earlier. So that's it. You don't want to investigate this because you don't want Deepak Chopra to be right about some small part of his woo woo word-salad bullshit.

That's real petty, Khalid. Let go of your bias and open your eyes. It's a wonder what you'll find with an open mind, you may be surprised.

• 1Picard

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
"It is fringe woo science of the type that Deepak Chopra regularly throws around. Convincing only to people that see the word "quantum" and turn off their critical faculties."

I missed this earlier. So that's it. You don't want to investigate this because you don't want Deepak Chopra to be right about some small part of his woo woo word-salad bullshit.

That's real petty, Khalid. Let go of your bias and open your eyes. It's a wonder what you'll find with an open mind, you may be surprised.

I'm going to focus on a number between 1-100 for the next few minutes. If you don't post that number, this is all bullshit.

khalid

Unelected Mod
You keep attributing motives to me. All I did was tell you that those abstracts are filled with bullshit akin to Deepak Chopra's bullshit. I'm in no way worried that he might be right, as he doesn't even have a coherent take on anything. Throwing scientific terms into a bowl and mixing them up often fools people like you, but it is really easy to see through for others.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
"What does Himeo have against proper tire PSI?"

This isn't really about PSI, because if people actually looked at the evidence it's overwhelming that the effect exists.

As with everything, this is really about the implication.

What does PSI imply?

Aliens exist and have made contact.

Einstein was wrong about relativity (Time travel is real)

Psychics and Seances are actually contacting the dead (Séance - Wikipedia)

All of these things are scary because they can only exist of materialism is wrong, and would prove we're living in a simulation.

• 1Hodjing

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
"What does Himeo have against proper tire PSI?"

This isn't really about PSI, because if people actually looked at the evidence it's overwhelming that the effect exists.

As with everything, this is really about the implication.

What does PSI imply?

Aliens exist and have made contact.

Einstein was wrong about relativity (Time travel is real)

Psychics and Seances are actually contacting the dead (Séance - Wikipedia)

All of these things are scary because they can only exist of materialism is wrong, and would prove we're living in a simulation.

What's my number????

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
What's my number????

I'm not trained in this, which means I'd have a 20% success rate.

A real test would be, you know, a mass controlled remote viewing to help find someone's missing brother. Even if most of the people on the board are untrained, if enough people got together we could compare notes and nail the location.

But that's... that's just... TROLL.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Hah, look at this fucking dumbass being convinced by reason and evidence. DOESN'T HE KNOW JAMES RANDI ALREADY DEBUNKED THIS 30 YEARS AGO AND NO ONE HAS DONE ANY RESEARCH SINCE.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Somwoolygimp catfishes us with fake sisters Facebook profiles? And this is his final form?

• 1Like

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I mean, how can anyone compete with such strong arguments as "Most people don't believe in it, therefore it isn't real."

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
What does Himeo have against proper tire PSI?

He keeps saying that Nissan doesn't know proper PSI because they don't have an astral quantum physicalisist reading the car's astral projections properly. I used to have faith in Nissan before this. Not much better than Toyota now...

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Or "Deepak Chopra believes in X, therefore it isn't real."

Or "That scientific paper I'm not going to look at must be fake, because it makes me feel spoopy."

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Critics are fond of saying that there is no scientific evidence for psi. They wave their fist in the air and shout, "Show me the evidence!" Then they turn red and have a coughing fit. In less dramatic cases a student might be genuinely curious and open-minded, but unsure where to begin to find reliable evidence about psi. Google knows all and sees all, but it doesn't know how to interpret or evaluate what it knows (at least not yet).

In the past, my response to the "show me" challenge has been to give the titles of a few books to read, point to the bibliographies in those books, and advise the person to do their homework. I still think that this is the best approach for a beginner tackling a complex topic. But given the growing expectation that information on virtually any topic ought to be available online within 60 seconds, traditional methods of scholarship are disappearing fast.

So I've created a SHOW ME page with downloadable articles on psi and psi-related topics, all published in peer-reviewed journals. Most of these papers were published after the year 2000. Most report experimental studies or meta-analyses of classes of experiments. I will continue to add to this page and flesh it out, including links to recent or to especially useful ebooks. This page may eventually become annotated, then multithreaded and hyperlinked, and then morph into a Wiki.

For anyone with an open mind, willing to let the evidence speak for itself, here.

Same list of resources as before in case someone is to lazy to scan the thread for what I've posted.

Too dumb to read and understand peer-reviewed journal articles?

Books.

Amazon.com: Science and Psychic Phenomena: The Fall of the House of Skeptics (9781594774515): Chris Carter, Rupert Sheldrake: Books

Amazon.com: The Reality of ESP: A Physicist's Proof of Psychic Abilities (9780835608848): Russell Targ PhD: Books

Too dumb or lazy to read?

Video.

TL;DR Science relies on informed consensus. When informed consensus is restrained by taboo, science cannot reach good conclusions on what is going on and it introduces distortions, especially among skeptical journals, because they don't want to be embarrassed for coming to the "wrong" conclusion.

TL;DR I'm right, I've demonstrated I'm right. Khalid is a pussy.