Kickstarters

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Saw another one that is tempting me. I'm sucker for Shadow Run and co op games so thinking I'm going to end up pledging for the base game plus co-op conversion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Got this today for Father's Day. Kickstarter from a couple of years ago, but you can buy it from their site, it's had really good reviews since it came out. I love the artwork, reminds me of old punk and metal stuff.

• 2Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Cmon has a co op Cthulu game that went live today. The base game and price seems reasonable at $100 with all the stretch goals. Not too sure about the $150 Xpac especially with an April 2020 delivery date. I think I'd rather have a Mortarion or other Nurgle Daemon mini to work on right now over another Cthulu one.

Got this today for Father's Day. Kickstarter from a couple of years ago, but you can buy it from their site, it's had really good reviews since it came out. I love the artwork, reminds me of old punk and metal stuff.

Took a look at that and saw they have a second printing going on right now. If you are digging it they have some discounts on the player expansions as well as metal mini's.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
The Cthulu one seems alright but after dropping too much on Massive Darkness and regretting it I'm passing on this one. That giant figure is madness.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That cthulu figure is pretty badass, but not worth the $ for me.

I feel you on massive darkness, though I love the miniatures from it. I’m much more cautious with their games now.

Thanks for the Dungeon degenerates link. Just in for the exclusive for now, we haven’t played the game yet so don’t want to buy a bunch of expansions we will never get to.

• 1Like

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Saw that they opened this up again until the 31st for existing backers and newcomers alike.

I'm coming in completely blind. Anyone that got in on the earlier KS care to comment?

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have 7th continent. Game is fun solo. Never played it in a group but could see it getting boring.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
New one from Awaken Realms, they’ve been delivering a lot of quality stuff lately. First day backers get an extra faction for free.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Binding of Issac is getting a card game and the art/game is being designed by the original developer of the PC game. Going gold box tier at least and may pull the trigger on the swag box because I think I may have put close to EQ/WoW hours into this game across it's platforms and versions.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Eclipse 2E Kickstarter seems kinda shitty if you aren't somebody with a hard-on for minis. Locking my rules updates/balance tweaks behind $150 in extra plastic is kinda shitty. No early bird specials, stretch goals are all either reselling us things we already have, or "an extra discovery tile omg!"

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Eclipse 2E Kickstarter seems kinda shitty if you aren't somebody with a hard-on for minis. Locking my rules updates/balance tweaks behind $150 in extra plastic is kinda shitty. No early bird specials, stretch goals are all either reselling us things we already have, or "an extra discovery tile omg!"

Looked this up to see what you're talking about. What do you mean by the rule tweaks being locked? I found a link on the main page that has a two page doc of the changes.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Don’t need any more miniatures, but I really dig these, and the buildings. Theme of the game looks cool.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Don’t need any more miniatures, but I really dig these, and the buildings. Theme of the game looks cool.

That looks fairly tempting for a co op game. Those buildings and the minis from Shadespire might double as a nice patch work for a Warhammer map scenario lol.

Saw another co op one that looks tempting especially with it being narrative driven but I think with Issac I'm over my budget for the year on kickstarters.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>

Heads up that this might be a scam. Looking through the comments there are lots of examples of plagiarism and the company seems to have gone dark.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Heads up that this might be a scam. Looking through the comments there are lots of examples of plagiarism and the company seems to have gone dark.

Neat twist haha! Holy crap at the plagiarism all over the place. The balls of some people lol.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Boxed card game simulating MOBAs like League of Legends/DotA. Went up this morning.

Decent group of folks working on this one. They've been at a lot of conventions the last 2-3 years doing open playtesting and demoing the game (which is where I encountered it, at GenCon). They waited to have a solid, finished product before going to kickstarter to beg for e-bucks. They've got a print-and-play up that you don't need to back to access, which is surprisingly not-evil for a card game company.

Disclosure: I do know one of the people involved in the product, from previous shared employment at Alderac Entertainment Group, but he's on the fulfillment side of things, not the game design side.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Friend sent me a link to this and it looks pretty interesting. About 40 hours left to go and decided to do a minimal backing to get into the pledge manager but starting to lean towards going all in.

""

Saw this at Gencon today, it is gorgeous and the components are really nice. The people demoing it when I saw it were liking it a lot.

Edit Adding Pyksel Pyksel

Last edited:
  • 2Like