Kickstarters

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
We received the Season 1 edition today which was included as part of our pledge to Season 2 and the quality is fantastic. The wife and I busted out roughly 12 games and loved it! Can't wait for the additional heroes included with Season 2.

You’ll love the second one then, saw them side by side at Gencon today. The quality is much better, and the battle chest storage box looks great. The vacuum trays are well done too, I’m ready for this one. The creators are addicted to it, we were talking about mechanics of the classes and they were getting super into it, at the end of the conversation they were getting antsy and saying they wanted to just play right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
You’ll love the second one then, saw them side by side at Gencon today. The quality is much better, and the battle chest storage box looks great. The vacuum trays are well done too, I’m ready for this one. The creators are addicted to it, we were talking about mechanics of the classes and they were getting super into it, at the end of the conversation they were getting antsy and saying they wanted to just play right now.

That's great news and can't wait! I've lost count of the number of games we've put in and even gone so far as to pick it up on Tabletop Simulator (Steam) to check out some of the new classes.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Saw this at Gencon today, it is gorgeous and the components are really nice. The people demoing it when I saw it were liking it a lot.

Edit Adding Pyksel Pyksel

Hell yes! We've been doing very well with our picks on Kickstarter lately so this just reinforces that, thanks!

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Saw this at Gencon today, it is gorgeous and the components are really nice. The people demoing it when I saw it were liking it a lot.

Edit Adding Pyksel Pyksel

That's good to hear, because I eneed up going all in lol. Have to say this might be the one time of the year I'm jealous of a person being in Indiana over me being in Las Vegas.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Oh cool another $100 in Dark Souls expansions I regret buying shipping soon.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Hahaha, I was with my wife when my phone dinged, I looked at the screen and she goes "whats wrong?" due to the look on my face. I just said "Nothing, I'm just an idiot."

• 1Worf

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Meanwhile, everyone's stretch goals are sitting around waiting for Wave fucking 3. Fuck those guys, seriously.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is the game that bad?

It wasn’t playtested for shit and it’s obvious. They rushed out the core game just so they could say they hit their Kickstarter promise date. There are some minor issues they didnt catch like symbols on cards being wrong but nothing major.

What really got people is they lied about stuff. During the campaign they said the game would take 60-90 minutes which was cool with me. The game takes way longer than that. The core box even has 90 minutes on the side, but on the back it says 120 minutes. My friend and I played through the first battle, and we didn’t have problems with the rules or have to look shit up, it took us 4.5 hours.

You have to grind through every fight, and if you die or feel like you aren’t geared enough (more on that below) then you reset the board and start over, while keeping your exp and gear (like the game). Then you grind through the exact same mobs and board setup as before just to get more exp and gear.

The mechanics of buying and equipping gear is also terrible. You just draw stuff from a massive deck with every item in it, so you may draw noob stuff but you may draw obviously powerful stuff, but you can’t equip it because you don’t have enough exp to level up to meet the requirements. Also different gear requires different stats so if you level one stat up too high to use that big sword you drew then you don’t have enough exp to level up some other stat to wear the armor you drew.

So basically you’re just grinding through the same encounters (which aren’t hard, and don’t change tactics) to hopefully draw gear you can use and hopefully your stats allow you to use more than one of the gear you have lying in a pile.

If they would have just delayed 9-12 months and shipped with better rules and the stretch goals (so there’s more variety) it could have been a really good game I think. The components are nice, the miniatures aren’t bad at all, they just fucked up.

Then they delayed waves of stretch goals and expansions, have consistently lied about delays and other stuff (some stuff is still waiting for Bandai approval, 1.5 years after the core game shipped). Changed a good looking miniature into a fucking retarded one with no feedback. The best fuckup was they framed out translating to another language to some company that literally copy pasted the English into google translate and sent it back to them. They didn’t get anyone who spoke the other languages to look at it, and just shipped it. Once backers got it, they blew up and they had to get it all redone, costing them another six month delay or something.

There are some very well done house rules out there, that people even did in the exact style of the rule book, that probably fix all the garbage above but the whole experience has left such a sour taste in everyone’s mouth that most people aren’t willing to go back and try to fix it themselves. I walked by their booth at Gencon a few times and their DS demo sat untouched all day.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks for the lengthy reply. The second I saw who was lead developer I passed on it. Steamforged was fine when it was just guild ball but they have gotten too large and have suffered. Godtear so far is a pile of dung. The minis look cool but after watching videos I can't understand how anyone would want to play it.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Buddy of mine is kickstarting his new miniatures game in a couple of weeks. They are doing a live stream play through. I got the chance at NoVa to demo the game. Seems pretty cool if you are in to the skirmish style games. Models are pretty nice. The models they had at NoVa were production samples and they looked pretty good. Full game buy in will be like 60 bucks for a tournament ready army in the Kickstarter.

More info - https://www.facebook.com/Breachstorm

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
only 4 days left

So they had some production issues and are opening every box checking for errors, fixing it then shrink wrapping it back up and then sending it off. Because I ordered everything minus one expansion I am end of the line to have it shipped to me. I keep checking for that shipped email!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So they had some production issues and are opening every box checking for errors, fixing it then shrink wrapping it back up and then sending it off. Because I ordered everything minus one expansion I am end of the line to have it shipped to me. I keep checking for that shipped email!

In the same boat man. I should’ve just picked up at Gencon but I didn’t want to lug it around lol.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I backed their last project and am fairly happy with the number of cards I got.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Not too sure about this one given who is doing it but figured I'd share as the video game was really damn good.

edit: March 2020 delivery date seems way too far out for an established IP to me, in the lol wtf category to be honest.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Not too sure about this one given who is doing it but figured I'd share as the video game was really damn good.

edit: March 2020 delivery date seems way too far out for an established IP to me, in the lol wtf category to be honest.

Not touching that one. That company has completely lost my trust. They half assed Dark Souls, one of my favorite IPs. It’ll be 2 years late by the time they’re done.

I saw the minis at Gencon. Unless you are a fiend for that IP they weren’t anything crazy worth risking it for.