Kickstarters

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m jealous. That game looks fantastic and has an extremely high score on bgg.
An unreleased game having a high score on BGG is akin to a post in the FSR thread getting likes for posting naked girls. It may look hot in the outside but it probably has crabs.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
An unreleased game having a high score on BGG is akin to a post in the FSR thread getting likes for posting naked girls. It may look hot in the outside but it probably has crabs.

I agree but this is years old. This is the second printing.

Edit: The first Kickstarter is years old, but it got delivered this year. Most of the votes I saw say Own, and most people should have it already. The delivery wrapped up months ago I believe.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Maul

Dental Dammer
It has been released already and the original kickstarter delivered.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
This thread can just fuck off now!

This thread has been an expensive discovery for sure and that Dwelling of Eldervale is super tempting. Wood mats, nice organized trays, a puzzle that gets you a free add on and a solo play option. Have it followed and will see what I blow on vacation before committing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I'm all in on Middara, fml :(

I went all in on Middara also, I looooove KDM but its too rough for a lot of my friends/wife, and I bought Gloomhaven but its too tactical for my wife and the 2 friends I tried it with (I have other friends I think will love it, at some point). It seems from the reviews to kind of be a light mode of both these games. Combat is dice rolling and a lot more simple\swingy. There are very few death/lose the entire game mechanics. I'm hoping it hits the right spot with a few of the people I really enjoy playing with, but don't want something as tactical as I'm good with.

Another big selling point is the setting. For some reason my wife hates Tolkien style fantasy. She hears the word orc, elf, or goblin and immediately loses interest. Any other setting she is great with, for some reason its just some regular D&D style classic shit she can't stand. Hopefully hypersexualized anime bullshit is the thing that gets her going? haha

We just got our 7th Continent Kickstarter in a few weeks and have been playing that. It's very slow and mellow, but we've been digging it. I feel like we are doing really well so far, maybe 6 or 7 hours in to the first mission, but I can definitely see how losing 20 hours in or something could kill the enthusiasm. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of randomization, some for sure, but not much, so playing the same mission more than once seems like it might just not be fun unless you waited a couple of years so it was like new. Anyway, happy with the purchase but I can see how it might not be for everyone is what I'm saying.

I don't even want to look at those other Kickstarters you guys are linking >_< My wallet wants a break.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
This thread has been an expensive discovery for sure and that Dwelling of Eldervale is super tempting. Wood mats, nice organized trays, a puzzle that gets you a free add on and a solo play option. Have it followed and will see what I blow on vacation before committing.
It does look nice, I've done Bloodborne, Altar Quest, Root, Tainted Grail, Dungeonology, Monstrocity and backed Middara/Super Fantasy Brawl this year. Think I need to pace myself a bit (also running out of space after completing descent/imperial assault and all expansions last year)

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I put a dollar in on Altar Quest but I'm, still very much on the fence about it. Middara looks interesting but basically I'm going to have to pick and choose which one of the recent crop I want, It'd be stupid to just buy a bunch at the same time and hope I play them. There will be crawlers coming and going all the time for a long time. Even Gloomhaven 2 will be a tough buy after I finish the first one. I'm already basically at Pandemic level of replay boredom with it. Maybe KDM is the answer for me. How much would it cost to pay someone to assemble and paint the mobs for me?

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I went all in on Middara also, I looooove KDM but its too rough for a lot of my friends/wife, and I bought Gloomhaven but its too tactical for my wife and the 2 friends I tried it with (I have other friends I think will love it, at some point). It seems from the reviews to kind of be a light mode of both these games. Combat is dice rolling and a lot more simple\swingy. There are very few death/lose the entire game mechanics. I'm hoping it hits the right spot with a few of the people I really enjoy playing with, but don't want something as tactical as I'm good with.

Another big selling point is the setting. For some reason my wife hates Tolkien style fantasy. She hears the word orc, elf, or goblin and immediately loses interest. Any other setting she is great with, for some reason its just some regular D&D style classic shit she can't stand. Hopefully hypersexualized anime bullshit is the thing that gets her going? haha

We just got our 7th Continent Kickstarter in a few weeks and have been playing that. It's very slow and mellow, but we've been digging it. I feel like we are doing really well so far, maybe 6 or 7 hours in to the first mission, but I can definitely see how losing 20 hours in or something could kill the enthusiasm. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of randomization, some for sure, but not much, so playing the same mission more than once seems like it might just not be fun unless you waited a couple of years so it was like new. Anyway, happy with the purchase but I can see how it might not be for everyone is what I'm saying.

I don't even want to look at those other Kickstarters you guys are linking >_< My wallet wants a break.

Yeah, I went in on Middara as well....at the $275 level, not the $500 level. Gloomhaven is still my #1, so as long as Middara is the epic dungeon-crawler campaign it claims to be I will be happy.

I'm glad you are enjoying 7C with your wife. We started playing together but for us at least 2 players was kinda awkward.....it was weird asking like "should I go now? Do you want to take another turn?". She didn't seem that into it, mainly because I think the game has a built-in pause because you are always back digging around in the box for the next card, which I think interferes with the overall flow of the game. We finished the Crystal Song curse together, but when I asked her if she wanted to start Voracious Goddess together she gave it a pass. I've been playing it solo since and I think it just flows so much more smoothly, and it goes a lot quicker as well. I'm beginning to wonder if she might not have more fun if I let her control a solo character, let her make all the decisions, and I just pull cards out for her to build the island for her, i.e. handle all the fiddly maintenance stuff.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is an old one but has some spicy drama going on. The creator fucked up and misjudged shipping costs by $10. He totally took ownership of it, reopened pledges if anyone wanted to donate and gave some incentive to do so. This angered some people, even though it isn’t mandatory and they are still planning on delivering despite being in the red.

Then the co-creator Golden Bell Studios jumps and just starts ripping into people. I’ve seen them do it before, they remind me of immature wow forum trolls. It’s gotten to the point where the dude from Golden Bell is doxxing backers that are pissing him off too much, one of which he is trying to get the guy fired from his job. They’ve also stated they are filing libel suits against at least one backer so far.

Pretty pathetic all around. I feel bad for the main creator, he’s been a great dude the whole time and is stuck in the middle of his partner and backers.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is an old one but has some spicy drama going on. The creator fucked up and misjudged shipping costs by $10. He totally took ownership of it, reopened pledges if anyone wanted to donate and gave some incentive to do so. This angered some people, even though it isn’t mandatory and they are still planning on delivering despite being in the red.

Then the co-creator Golden Bell Studios jumps and just starts ripping into people. I’ve seen them do it before, they remind me of immature wow forum trolls. It’s gotten to the point where the dude from Golden Bell is doxxing backers that are pissing him off too much, one of which he is trying to get the guy fired from his job. They’ve also stated they are filing libel suits against at least one backer so far.

Pretty pathetic all around. I feel bad for the main creator, he’s been a great dude the whole time and is stuck in the middle of his partner and backers.

Is it pathetic or is it roleplaying their revenge game?

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'm still waiting for my copy. I knew a little about the shipping thing but had no clue they opened the pledge manager for it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still waiting for my copy. I knew a little about the shipping thing but had no clue they opened the pledge manager for it.

Well I misspoke. What they are actually doing is sending emails to each backer after they’ve received the game with a paypal link or something. It’s outside of backerkit whatever it is.

I probably would have if it wasn’t for the Golden Bell people. Read through some of the comments from the last update, they are so annoying, entitled, whiny, finger pointing, excuse ridden, etc. I feel bad for the creator but he got in bed with the wrong people on his project. Hell just reading through the update itself gives an idea of how they are. They claim their artist got a hand tumor and can’t do art now, and she had a mental breakdown due to hurty comments from backers. They’ve also said some people are receiving the game with “postage due” and to go ahead and pay it, keep proof of payment and they will reimburse. Sounds shady as fuck to me, and other people, and they’re threatening anyone who complains with Libel. Saying it’s backers doing it maliciously or something and they may end up not fulfilling due to this issue. It sounds to me like they’re making a pre-excuse for failing to deliver.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Yeah been following this, mine finally shipped and should be here by the weekend. Golden bell is fucking up, would have been so much better to just say hey we working on it. Instead they are doing whatever it is they are doing.

Golden Bell StudiosCollaboratorabout 2 hours ago
Lots of fun updates soon. The only thing our lawyers told us is that you guys can kiss your sorry asses goodbye, Paul and Josh. You shall be removed momentarily. as we said after this last update and answering the immediate comments neither Artem or our team will be manning the comments any longer.

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah been following this, mine finally shipped and should be here by the weekend. Golden bell is fucking up, would have been so much better to just say hey we working on it. Instead they are doing whatever it is they are doing.

Golden Bell StudiosCollaboratorabout 2 hours ago
Lots of fun updates soon. The only thing our lawyers told us is that you guys can kiss your sorry asses goodbye, Paul and Josh. You shall be removed momentarily. as we said after this last update and answering the immediate comments neither Artem or our team will be manning the comments any longer.

Ridiculous. I’ll never back anything GB is involved with again. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen them be assclowns in comments like that. My copy has had a shipping label for almost three weeks now, just want my game!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well after reading this now I just hope I get the game. These people sound like ruthless scamming pieces of shit, ruining other people’s lives with this stuff.

Link below is one of the lawsuits they’re in. They basically lied through their teeth to a guy to get him to sign contracts with them to let them publish, advertise, and ship a book he kickstarted. They basically never did it, took his money, tried to copyright his brand, and claim rights to all his future projects. Won’t allow him to update the Kickstarter so his rep is fucked.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This one looks light and fun. Haven’t seen mechanics like this before.

• 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did anyone here back the critical roll steamforge miniature kickstarter and get theirs yet? I missed it but might pick them up at retail, I know there was some fuss online about quality and wanted to get a review first.