Kickstarters

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Yeh I'm thinking the price will be nuts. He was saying in the video he's planning on releasing the files to 3d print your own as well. That might be the reason I get a 3d printer to play with finally

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I tried those types 3D walls and such, while cool are completely impractical and kind of annoying to move minis about. Be amazing if you have a dedicated space and unlimited cash flow/insane amount of free time.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just got the email! Be here Wed.

Nice! Got my email last night, it’ll be here Monday. So many good games ><.

Have you played TMB yet? You’re in for a treat, I saw the components at Gencon and they are so nice.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Out of nowhere my Myth Journey Man stretch goals showed up. I had written that project off a long time ago with the original delivery date being June 2016. Apparently they are still working on finishing up everything they promised so A for effort at least. Have an internal bet in my head now on this or all the Dark Souls stuff showing up first and another on how much dust they will each collect on the shelf.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just on table top sim.

Came in today, forgot they updated the cards to a new brighter 3rd edition...they are so much better and easier to read now. And man the stitching on all the mats took them to another level. Can’t wait til I can sit down and play it again.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This is a project a buddy of mine has been working on. PLayed the demo at NoVa and it was really cool. If you are in to miniature games I highly recommend it!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

This is a project a buddy of mine has been working on. PLayed the demo at NoVa and it was really cool. If you are in to miniature games I highly recommend it!

Looks cool, but I’m tapped out on new stuff atm. CTG has a brand new IP coming up next month, The Edge: Dawnfall is getting a reprint and expansion also next month and I’m definitely in on that, the main game is amazing.

Looks like it may fund day 1, the average backer $ is a lot! Someone already took a $1k pledge too, looks like it will do really well. I wish him good luck!

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Pickett!? Nooooooo
23D4B87B-05F2-426F-BFFA-066F6E4FDF89.jpeg

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah I confirmed no Picket sheet, received two quick guides instead. I put in a ticket with them though.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I confirmed no Picket sheet, received two quick guides instead. I put in a ticket with them though.

Their customer service is the best I’ve ever dealt with. They were fast, and you’ll also get a promo card.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Also, Hatorade Hatorade you may be interested in this riddle now that you own it.

Riddle |
Interesting...

I went through all the boxes last night, the chip holders in Undertow are far better then the ones I picked up as extras from them. Both work but I feel like storage is an issue since I got the upgraded health chips as well. Also I regret not getting 40 days in daelore. Played a single player game last night, couldn't get past the Tyrants Hardy 3 +regen 1 solo as Tantrum and lost. Flows well etc. Can't wait to play it Friday night with the normal crew.

Oh and packaging area must have been dusty/dirty as fuck. Was a ton of it in my box.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting...

I went through all the boxes last night, the chip holders in Undertow are far better then the ones I picked up as extras from them. Both work but I feel like storage is an issue since I got the upgraded health chips as well. Also I regret not getting 40 days in daelore. Played a single player game last night, couldn't get past the Tyrants Hardy 3 +regen 1 solo as Tantrum and lost. Flows well etc. Can't wait to play it Friday night with the normal crew.

Oh and packaging area must have been dusty/dirty as fuck. Was a ton of it in my box.

Hey I warned you about 40 days!

With that said you still picked the best stuff. It just adds some more variety and baddies, but the way the game works it’s so random anyways with the encounters it takes a lot of play throughs to get old. Really the only ones that got old were the starting three days and you have age of tyranny that fixes that. That’s the only complaint I’ve really ever read about the game and it seems like that will address it.

Weird about the dust, mine didnt have any and our orders were probably packed around the same time.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I tried those types 3D walls and such, while cool are completely impractical and kind of annoying to move minis about. Be amazing if you have a dedicated space and unlimited cash flow/insane amount of free time.
I have the tablescape ones and also a 3d printer to make my own, I'll agree on needing alot of space, as for function, it depends on wall height, the short wall ones don't get in the way that much. I really like how they enhance the astetics, if you play with minis and are fun for warming too.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

They need to start hyping or do some stretch goals. They were funded a week ago, been losing money every day. Or maybe revamp it so the base can be played by two? Seems like this type of game really needs a community to survive and there’s only 100 backers.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They need to start hyping or do some stretch goals. They were funded a week ago, been losing money every day. Or maybe revamp it so the base can be played by two? Seems like this type of game really needs a community to survive and there’s only 100 backers.
Yeah, they are doing a live stream tonight but miniature games are weird. Compared to other games their Kickstarter price is high. Though other games have been developed poorly or they have manufacturing delays because they didn't raise enough money to pay for the tooling or whatever. These guys need the cash at that level in order to produce and not go by the wayside like all the other miniatures. People just keep getting spoiled by CMON and such so they don't know what it really costs. It's unfortunate but I don't think they are going to make it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, they are doing a live stream tonight but miniature games are weird. Compared to other games their Kickstarter price is high. Though other games have been developed poorly or they have manufacturing delays because they didn't raise enough money to pay for the tooling or whatever. These guys need the cash at that level in order to produce and not go by the wayside like all the other miniatures. People just keep getting spoiled by CMON and such so they don't know what it really costs. It's unfortunate but I don't think they are going to make it.

I agree with the CMON bit, as well as some other big companies. They’re mass producing so many games they can afford to sell a ton of plastic cheaply.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A lot of them also flub it when it comes to miniatures games. CMON did 2 kickstarters that I can remember for miniatures games and both shipped way late and they over promised. Like Relic Knights was a 1 million dollar plus project and I bet they barely broke even. I feel like these guys should have packaged the game as a two player board game and did the miniature game rules as an extra. Even if their goal was a tactical miniatures game, board gamers just spend so much more on Kickstarter. After playing it a bunch it works as a static 2 player board game.

• 1Like