Kickstarters

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I'm spoiled, and they probably want to keep costs down, but I would have liked to see character minis in place of the standees.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I'm spoiled, and they probably want to keep costs down, but I would have liked to see character minis in place of the standees.

It would have cost $50 more probably. Also run into more delays and shit from my KS experiences. Most of the CMON KS seem to start at $120, then throw another $150 worth of add-on. I think I’d rather see companies go the route of standees, then add optional add-on of figures that ship later than the core game. Or at least core/add-on separate like they did with Green Horde. I think cheaper and quicker base is the way to go. The 1-2 year delay some of these guys are running into is getting tiresome.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
New Chip Theory IP Kickstarter next week, Cloudspire. Looks like a tower defense/skirmish thing. Nice looking neoprene hex maps.

Cloudspire Info

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another friend of mine is doing a Kickstarter. This one is a board game. You are serving up humanity to alien overlords in a social voting game. I played this at Captaincon earlier in the year and it was a lot of fun. His other two games are also pretty fun. Squirrel or Die is a very basic matching game but End of the Line is a pretty complex programming game hidden behind a fun theme. Over all his games so far are pretty high production quality for an independent publisher. I highly recommend checking it out -

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Got a box of Dark Souls expansions today, surprised at how high some of the prices on Ebay are for the kickstarter exclusive boss (they're quickly coming down as more are listed). I accidentally ordered of one so maybe in time I'll be able to flip one and recoup a bit. Otherwise getting my core box back from a friend soon so I can just bundle it all together and see if I can at least get my paid price back.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
CTGs new IP is live. If you don’t have any of their games and this one looks like your style, I’m sure it will be amazing. All of their games quality and mechanics are top tier. I don’t even balk at their prices anymore, the quality is just fantastic. Every time I open one of their games for someone new they comment on it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is live. I’m excited, I have the full game, this will allow me to get more of the expansion stuff. This game turned out to be very good gameplay wise. The miniatures are great too, I ended up zenithal priming the entire thing.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I backed cloudspire, even if it's bad the resale will cover the cost since they never release their games to retailers. It could also turn out great, so no real loss.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There is an absolute glut of new games on KSer right now. They are all eating each other lol. Each one you look at the comments is people agonizing over how many they can get or which one to get.

This one looks Gloomhaven-like. Figured we’d start seeing these pop up over the next few years trying to emulate its success. I haven’t had time to really read it though so it may just look similar on the surface.

Project elite from CMON. It looks like a blast with the timer mechanic, I would probably check it out if it were cheaper, but with the amount of games I already have I’m a lot pickier about the expensive ones.

Everrain. Co-op story driven thing in an awesome ocean setting. Love the miniatures and art on this one.

Then there’s the Deep Madness reprint. I’ve seen these out and about and love the miniatures, they’re detailed and fugly.

There’s a couple other smaller ones going too but these are the big ones eating each other. Then of course there’s Cloudspire and The Edge: Dawnfall which we discusses a few posts ago. I’m just sticking with The Edge right now. What they’re doing this time is great, adding new units for existing factions, and turning the Darkness PVE faction into another pvp faction. Picking up the stuff I opted out on the first KS too, as I know what I’ll be getting now and I’m excited for it.

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'm pretty sure that I'm going to back Dungeon Universalis. Kinda spendy and I doubt I'll be able to play with my group. Hopefully I can get the kid to play. Project Elite and Deep madness look like a shelf space wasters.

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I also doesn't help that Kickstarter search and suggestion functionality seems to just bury some game. I check about once a week for new games and none of those rang a bell. Thanks for the heads up on them.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I also doesn't help that Kickstarter search and suggestion functionality seems to just bury some game. I check about once a week for new games and none of those rang a bell. Thanks for the heads up on them.

Yeah their search sucks, searching for partial names doesn’t return anything.

It’s best to just check kicktraqs hotlist.

Hot List :: Kicktraq

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Really torn between The Edge, Dungeon Universalis and Cloudspire for what I have budgeted for entertainment this month. Leaning towards The Edge since it doesn't look like the type of game that will show up in a local store at a reasonable price and the hopes that Thanksgiving will be cheaper to host than I am anticipating and can pledge for Dungeon Universalis after all the family is out of the house.

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Everain is the most tempting for me atm, i like the minis and i feel like i have too many games that are similar to The Edge and gloomhaven definitely scratches my Dungeon Universalis itch.

then I think about all the other games i have that i never get to play Arkham 3e, cthulhu wars, and i have all the kingdom death stuff from the 2nd kickstarter i'm waiting to show up. ill probably just back cloudspire and wait for the next round of KS to hit the market.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
This looks more like a preorder than a kickstarter but I've been happy with Conan and backed their Batman game. Limited to 10k copies and looks like they may sell out.

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'm so close to pulling the trigger on that it is painful. I actually think I can get it played regularly but the table area looks rough. The campaign doesn't give a great feel for the ease of learning and fun...of all things. I need a two player game. I wish I could preplay it.