Kickstarters

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I’ve been not spending thousands on a board game apparently!

So when do we order our extras for tainted grail?

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Surprised and a bit annoyed. My mail hold and fed ex hold were completely ignored but at least nothing was swiped from the porch as far as I can tell looking at confirmation numbers to the UPS/Fed Ex accounts. Been gone for a couple weeks for the holidays and came home to Binding of Issac, Crypt, Escape the Dark Castle, the core box of Nemesis by the same folks doing Tainted Grail and on the non game side The WoW Diary. Too damn tired after a 15 hour drive to open any of them up tonight and no adults to play them with right now anyways but looking forward to diving into getting Nemesis organized this weekend. On another note the big holiday hit was Dice Throne Season 2 with about 12 hours played between New Years Eve and New Years day with the same group of 5. I think the non kickstarter version of this becomes available Jan 23. The big let down was Fireball Island; plays great with my younger kids but fell flat for any adult that didn't play it back in the 80s.

I’ve been not spending thousands on a board game apparently!

So when do we order our extras for tainted grail?

They use Gamefound as their pledge manger for the last two games I kickstarted from them and it was really easy to add on whatever you wanted. Unless things have changed since Edge: Dawnfall 1.5 you will want to do it on a PC though. Every mobile browser I tried just didn't work right and hid options behind tiny as hell dots.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
A new Aeons End is up. I probably won’t get this one as I have the first three and have only got through about half of it so far, plenty of content already. Highly recommend the series though, they’re all fantastic. Best deck builder I’ve ever played, and one of the best playtested/balanced games I’ve ever played period. It’s had a lot of play time with my group.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Aeons is my go to solo game atm. I'm torn on the kickstarter. It's tempting but kind of expensive.

It looks like fun and at a pretty good price.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
It's hard to justify the extra cost for the minis since they aren't essential for game play. I wish they didn't look so nice.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1552411733268.png

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Finally went though the pledge manager for Tainted Grail and complete my order. Super pumped for later this year now.

grail.png

Evernothing

It's because they already did the game once, and you can't have a Kickstarter for the same product again.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
That's weird. Because games like Gloomhaven have had a second printing via Kickstarter. I don't think much else changed mechanically.

Evernothing

Hmm, I'm not sure then. The "soundtrack app" portion is new, so maybe that was to alert previous backers of the box only.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think they can rerun it if they add something minor or say it’s a rule change. It just can’t be identical, like this ones game portion appears to be.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Anyone check out www.brutalityboardgame.com by any chance? They did a Kickstarter last year and are selling the game at PAX East and I'm tempted to get it if only because it's more big miniatures to paint (ran out of Gloomhaven stuff to paint...)

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
So I just found out about Tainted Grail, mainly because of my Gloomhaven addiction, decided to check on this board and of course you guys already knew about it lol.

Put in my pledge today. I did similar to Tarrant, I got the Core in Sundrop, which I assume means the minis are painted in the Sundrop style, I got the Niamh character in Sundrop, and I got the playmat, which I felt was reasonably priced for around $35. Did not get any additional minis but am tempted; I have never painted any myself and it seems like it would be an expensive hobby lol.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So I just found out about Tainted Grail, mainly because of my Gloomhaven addiction, decided to check on this board and of course you guys already knew about it lol.

Put in my pledge today. I did similar to Tarrant, I got the Core in Sundrop, which I assume means the minis are painted in the Sundrop style, I got the Niamh character in Sundrop, and I got the playmat, which I felt was reasonably priced for around $35. Did not get any additional minis but am tempted; I have never painted any myself and it seems like it would be an expensive hobby lol.

It can be, but mostly up front costs for brushes and variety of paints. You can get a great set of brushes and cleaner for $40-$50. A magnifier/lamp for ~$20. A couple small things like exacto knife, water dropper. Then a starter paint set for $50-70 and you can get a good start. Then you just buy paints as you want to start more colors, sets, etc and spread the cost out.

I’ve probably spent $400-$500 maybe on brushes and paints and various other stuff I’ve been curious about trying but spread out over a few years, not too bad imo. Another $300 on an airbrush to play with but that’s not necessary at all. Knowing what brushes and paint to buy up front would have cut $100 off my total, but when you’re starting out and experimenting to see what you like the best it’s just going to happen I guess.

Now if you got super into it, I could see the cost being huge. I’ve seen some streamers with $1000s in brushes, paints, custom racks, basing materials, etc.