Kickstarters

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I've never played any game with minis before Gloomhaven. and Gloomhaven isn't even a mini game. But since I've been spending time on Reddit/BGG I've seen some of the neat paint jobs people have been doing on the GH minis, so I am tempted. I looked into getting my minis painted by someone on the mini-painting subreddit, but even at the "tabletop" level it runs about $20 per piece. So I might dip my toe into the painting stuff and by a starter set and see how it goes.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I've never played any game with minis before Gloomhaven. and Gloomhaven isn't even a mini game. But since I've been spending time on Reddit/BGG I've seen some of the neat paint jobs people have been doing on the GH minis, so I am tempted. I looked into getting my minis painted by someone on the mini-painting subreddit, but even at the "tabletop" level it runs about $20 per piece. So I might dip my toe into the painting stuff and by a starter set and see how it goes.

Right on. If you want some links for good priced, not shit brushes and stuff shoot me a PM. Watch a few starter videos too, I can send some good ones too if you need, but guessing there’s some one that sub reddit, idk.

This dude does a whole series on the Gloomhaven characters, lists the paints he uses, etc. might be good to watch one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not gloomhaven specific, but this gus vids are good and accessible for all levels

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the links guys, getting excited to try it out. I don't know diddly squat so even something like priming is new to me.

The paints listed in the GH video seem super specific....is there a best place to order them from? Or can you find them even at your local arts/crafts stores like Michaels?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the links guys, getting excited to try it out. I don't know diddly squat so even something like priming is new to me.

The paints listed in the GH video seem super specific....is there a best place to order them from? Or can you find them even at your local arts/crafts stores like Michaels?

The miniature specific paints you can get on amazon or local gaming shops. I’d say try a few brands to see which you like best. Vallejo, citadel, scale 75, army painter are all pretty popular. There are many others too. I like citadel paints a lot but they are a little pricier, and don’t have a dropper style bottle which is annoying til you get used to it. You will be pulling paint from a bottle and mixing it with water anyways to thin it.

If you search miniature painting kit on Amazon, you will see several starter kits from various brands. Just pick one in your price range and start there. You don’t need exact paints you’ll see in the tutorials, just pick whatever you have that looks similar. Most of those guys have hundreds of bottles.

• 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you have a hobbytown USA near you they usually have the best overall selection of different paints and good sales unfortunately mine closed, Amazon is a good resource, if you find a paint you like but want to try to follow along with the videos there are paint conversion charts out there, here is one.

One thing I think alot of folks struggle with at first is how much to thin their paints, a suggestion is to maybe try something like Vallejo model air paints they are pre thinned for the airbrush and are usually a good consistency for brush painting right out of the bottle.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
New one up from cmon. I like the blood borne game so I’ll follow this. Unsure if I will back or not but I grabbed an early bird just in case, 23 hours left on that deal, saves you $10.

• 1Like

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
New one up from cmon. I like the blood borne game so I’ll follow this. Unsure if I will back or not but I grabbed an early bird just in case, 23 hours left on that deal, saves you $10.

I'm in on this one as well as we're fans of CMON games.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I'm in on this one as well as we're fans of CMON games.

I've been burned one too many times by CMON. Just be aware they have the worst customer service teams that I've dealt with...And I've Kickstarted about 25 games.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've been burned one too many times by CMON. Just be aware they have the worst customer service teams that I've dealt with...And I've Kickstarted about 25 games.

Burned how? I’ve never felt burned by them, just slightly disappointed. I’ve only backed two by them though.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Got https://www.brutalityboardgame.com/ at PAX and I've been painting the minis before we try the game itself out. I really find having the minis painted adds to the overall experience with games like this.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Got https://www.brutalityboardgame.com/ at PAX and I've been painting the minis before we try the game itself out. I really find having the minis painted adds to the overall experience with games like this.

View attachment 204553

View attachment 204555

Nice. Should join us in the painting thread!

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

This was a tough one for me. Ultimately if I was a painter it'd be a no brainer but I'm not and Gloomhaven already fills that slot. I just wish it was easier to get more people interested in a campaign.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Looks like the next Too Many Bones Kickstarter starts in a couple weeks. Hatorade Hatorade Mizake Mizake Y yeahthatisneathuh

View attachment 206740

Sweet! My game arrives tomorrow, so I'll be playing it this weekend for the first time. I'm really hoping my gf and gaming group likes it, but from everything I've read I really think they will. This will be good timing since I'll be able to get in like 2 weeks worth of TMB gaming to decide how much deeper I wanna delve into the TMB-universe.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sweet! My game arrives tomorrow, so I'll be playing it this weekend for the first time. I'm really hoping my gf and gaming group likes it, but from everything I've read I really think they will. This will be good timing since I'll be able to get in like 2 weeks worth of TMB gaming to decide how much deeper I wanna delve into the TMB-universe.

Cool, good luck. I suggest watching a how it’s played video, and maybe playing a couple rounds solo to get the flow of the game. The first time I started with just the rule book I had a few confused moments but seeing it in video format really helped.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You son of a... I barely passed on cinderspire or whatever it was called. Now they making more TMB content?!

Sorry man! I’m probably going to drop the bloodbourne Kickstarter. Dice Throne s3 and maybe this TMB Kickstarter are just too good to pass up. My only hesitation on TMB is I haven’t had the time to play it much, there are three characters I haven’t even played yet. I love everything about it it’s just other games have just taken priority over it with my gaming buddies.