King's Raid

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Some form of gear set saving/swapping is being included in the patch today. I’m cautiously optimistic that it will be useful and function in a way that lets you easily swap gear for content. It’s hard to tell from the preview exactly how it works. The preview screenshot also only shows 4 unlocked slots (slots seem to be shared for all heroes), so hopefully additional slots aren’t crazy expensive :emoji_sweat:

Molten Core Raider
Gear swapping would be awesome. I was just commenting this morning to a friend how annoying it is to have to strip gear off one wizard to put it on another when I go from something like guild bosses to conquest. The game seems pretty tame in its monetization so far so I wouldnt expect it to be nutty expensive. Maybe the first slot or two are buyable with gold before switch to costing rubies?

Dunno, on the whole, nothing in this game is what I'd feel is crazy expensive compared to how other games are with these sorts of things, FFBE is reaching in your wallet every opportunity for inventory slots, unit slots, etc.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Gear swapping would be awesome. I was just commenting this morning to a friend how annoying it is to have to strip gear off one wizard to put it on another when I go from something like guild bosses to conquest. The game seems pretty tame in its monetization so far so I wouldnt expect it to be nutty expensive. Maybe the first slot or two are buyable with gold before switch to costing rubies?

Dunno, on the whole, nothing in this game is what I'd feel is crazy expensive compared to how other games are with these sorts of things, FFBE is reaching in your wallet every opportunity for inventory slots, unit slots, etc.
If the slots are purchasable with gold that would be incredible. They’re throwing gold boosters at us these days so it’s not hard to get hundreds of millions of gold in a day. With as many slots as they show in the preview (at least 16 it looks like) gold would make more sense than rubies, unless each slot was a flat ruby rate and not an increasing amount like Transcendence perk slots.

Molten Core Raider
Im sure it will be increasing as you go, but i doubt it'd get too out of hand.

Teach me the ways of getting hundreds of millions of gold per day :p I was literally down to 5k over the weekend. The royal vault only takes me so far (I can go as far as floor 45 atm)

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Well, chapter 7 hell and hell conquests are required for that. There’s no trick per se, it’s just about stacking hot time buffs with 1 hour scrolls and 1 day scrolls for 300%+ gold bonus. This is where epis shines - my 1* UW epis can clear 7-4 hell in about 45-50 seconds. That’s 300k gold per clear with 300% bonus, plus the orbs that drop in that level sell for a lot.

Molten Core Raider
Ah ok. Ive actually cleared chapter 7 hell along with all hell conquests, I just dont usually burn gold scrolls for them but Ill probably start. Im almost halfway through chapter 8 at this point, Im on the red dragon fight and he's just a bit too much for me at the moment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Ah ok. Ive actually cleared chapter 7 hell along with all hell conquests, I just dont usually burn gold scrolls for them but Ill probably start. Im almost halfway through chapter 8 at this point, Im on the red dragon fight and he's just a bit too much for me at the moment.
Min/max is to pop a 1 day gold booster on a Saturday when it’s 10 vault entries for sat/sun. Then use hot time and 1 hr gold booster. Do your 10 vaults then do all hell conquests. After conquests do 7-9 hell until your 1 hour booster is over. Then on Sunday repeat before the 1 day gold booster ends.

When you’re not using 1 hr gold boosters just farm 7-4. 7-9 uses too much stamina to be optimal.

Molten Core Raider
Ill give that a whirl this weekend and try to build my cash stash back up. I was going through gold fast enhancing gear, transcending, etc for my main set of heroes but Im pretty much settled into a groove at the moment where I have all my current gear done and am making Stones of Infinity. Those stones are slowing things down a bit so it's giving me more time to stockpile.

Molten Core Raider
I gambled this morning with the free UW ticket they gave us and tried to yolo my way to a 2* weapon for Aselica. I failed :(

The reddit and pretend twitter for this game is hilarious though, soooooo much whining and complaining about the "quality" of the free stuff that's given out.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I gambled this morning with the free UW ticket they gave us and tried to yolo my way to a 2* weapon for Aselica. I failed :(

The reddit and pretend twitter for this game is hilarious though, soooooo much whining and complaining about the "quality" of the free stuff that's given out.
Man, I used 5 UWs taking mitra from 1* to 2*. Ever since then I -never- gamble to 2*. I’ve got 5 UWs in my inventory now for heroes I have at 1* because I refuse to awaken them until I have another 1* for 100%. It’s just not worth it to save ONE UW.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yussss.

1540510685906.png

Now to repeat for the rest of the crew, starting with Artemia. Maybe in another few years I'll have them all at 5*, heh.

Molten Core Raider
I splurged a bit on that new hero, Seria because her character design is awesome. She's a pretty good unit but very challenging to build properly. She can do good damage (at least in comparison with the rest of my heroes) but she's super super squishy. Her T5 dark ability makes everything she does crit so you need virtually zero crit lines on any of her gear, but she takes 25% more damage and cannot block. Im digging her though.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
She's pure dps, for sure. I don't expect her to ever be able to tank anything.

I grabbed her as well though I have yet to pull her UW. Waiting on that before I attempt to use her in any comp as she likely won't be half competitive without it.

Molten Core Raider
I have her base UW and ended up with both her UT's from a few of the 10+1 summons I did, so aside from the questionable gear I have on her mine's in above average shape I guess.

I put her in two pieces of Lava gear at first and 2 BD pieces. The added crit damage from the lava stuff grabbed my attention quickly but she was mana starved pretty often in it. I dropped the lava stuff for a full set of BD gear and went with her T2 dark Trans perk for the mana regen when she smacks stuff. It really helps for regular content but feels like wasted points on single enemy fights, I may need to buy a second set of perks so i can switch depending on content.

Ive been using guild bosses to compare her to other heroes I use. Typically my guild boss group is Aselica, Mirianne, Lewisia, and Annette but Ive been dropping Lewisia for Seria. Seria can't quite equal Lewisia's damage once she gets ramped up (Lewi has a 1* UW though so that may be skewing the numbers a bit). Seria will need more work and a better build I think than what I have on her before she finds a permanent seat at the table.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
There are very few m.dmg heroes that can equal Lewisia's output given enough ramp-up time, but not every fight is conducive to her ramping up (same with Kara and, to some extent, Jane if you take her t5 dark). Seria looked pretty OP from what I was checking out. I have full plate dps gear on Jane so I'll be able to gear her easily, it's just a question of getting her UW/UT at this point.

I think I might give it a try tonight with a generic t8 weapon just to see how she'd perform in place of say, Artemia. Again, depends on the fight, because Art is deadly in aoe fights. Not so much on ST.

Molten Core Raider
I need to finish my Artemia. I've spread myself pretty thin with heroes, I have a large number of them but very few are to the point of realizing their full potential. Im stuck on the last story fight of Chapter 8 and I get some random idea in my head of what will help me clear it so I dump resources into that hero, it fails and I move to the next.

Miri, Lewisia, Annette, Laias, Seria, and Aselica are the only ones I have at Trans5. I've got Lorraine, Artemia, Aisha, Kara, and Laudia all at Trans2. I have like zero dude heroes other than the starting ones, this game is 100% waifu simulator.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Some of the guys are useful. Clause for sure, Rephy, Roi if you run p.dmg and have good gear for him, Nyx for pvp, and Ezekiel will outdamage Epis in a perfect world.

That said, I'm all about Aselica. Just ask Dandai Dandai .

My typical 4-hero build is still Aselica / Epis / Annette / Artemia. Hard to go wrong with those.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I need to finish my Artemia. I've spread myself pretty thin with heroes, I have a large number of them but very few are to the point of realizing their full potential. Im stuck on the last story fight of Chapter 8 and I get some random idea in my head of what will help me clear it so I dump resources into that hero, it fails and I move to the next.

Miri, Lewisia, Annette, Laias, Seria, and Aselica are the only ones I have at Trans5. I've got Lorraine, Artemia, Aisha, Kara, and Laudia all at Trans2. I have like zero dude heroes other than the starting ones, this game is 100% waifu simulator.
Lorraine is a CC powerhouse at T5. Kara is the best single target m dmg boss killer in the game right now. Aisha can be strong, but takes investment and have to manual her for optimal dps. I’ve heard Laudia is broken OP and people are expecting nerfs, but I don’t know why.

Yanne is pretty strong even at t3 with a 0* UW. I’d recommend getting her for chapter 8 and ch8 UDs.