Kingsman: The Secret Service (2015)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I still want to see this movie when I get the chance, but I cannot get over how horrible the advertising was. I thought this was more like spy kids: the teenage years than what you guys describe.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just fucking see it, the church fight with free bird is worth it alone, it really is the best action scene since the Matrix Lobby

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I still want to see this movie when I get the chance, but I cannot get over how horrible the advertising was. I thought this was more like spy kids: the teenage years than what you guys describe.
Same here. Saw trailers for it last year and wrote it off right then and there.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I saw this last weekend and it was fucking awesome, echo everyone else highly recommend worth the ticket price.

Homsar

Somebody's linking of the Church scene in this thread is what convinced me to see it.
That was me, need that shit on bluray. The pacing of the film is fantastic, opens up with a great song and gets straight into it, there isnt any part of the movie that drags. I actually laughed when I heard Dire Straight, every song fit the scenes perfectly throughout the film

https://d1wst0behutosd.cloudfront.ne...6WELAPEP47UKWQ

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The later trailers nearer to the release were so much better than the earlier ones. They had bits of the over the top violence and much much less of the story about the kid. Which is way more accurate to the movie's plot.

Homsar

The later trailers nearer to the release were so much better than the earlier ones. They had bits of the over the top violence and much much less of the story about the kid. Which is way more accurate to the movie's plot.
Eggsy was great and held his own with the rest of the cast, could have had more of him and i wouldnt mind. The way they built his character up to made him better, he should have been eliminated first but he was so clueless and dumb he got lucky the glass was weak and broke, he should have failed every test actually. Skydiving, the dog ect. He was a loyal selfless person and managed to work out somehow even though he kept fucking up on tests

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Well, I would have done a press check on the pistol he got handed and failed that test for a different reason myself.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Blanks look significantly different from a normal round, the end of the case is crimped together instead of a bullet.

2032 9mm Parabellum Exploding, Explosive, Blank, Dummy.jpg

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
^ bingo. Watch brass coming out of guns in movies. The Matrix has the mini gun scene and the close up on the Agent's Deagle at the end when he's shooting Neo and you can see the blank being fed in from the magazine.

MatrixDesertEagle-9.jpg

MatrixGEM134-4.jpg

Homsar

regardless you would still fail the test for doing that, I know they look differently I thought you just meant to see if there was one in the chamber.`Same thing with tracers always having the red

Caliane

Test was stupid though. they already established you live and die by the dog, its your partner. Test could have just as easily been a test if you will blindly follow orders. And shooting the dog was the failstate, as a spy agency needs critical thinkers, not grunts. Most of the other tests involved abstract thinking in regards to orders given to them.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
regardless you would still fail the test for doing that, I know they look differently I thought you just meant to see if there was one in the chamber.`Same thing with tracers always having the red
Yes, that's why is fail. Because I'd check for a round in the chamber as a basic firearms handling process and fail once I saw the blank.

Test was stupid though. they already established you live and die by the dog, its your partner. Test could have just as easily been a test if you will blindly follow orders. And shooting the dog was the failstate, as a spy agency needs critical thinkers, not grunts. Most of the other tests involved abstract thinking in regards to orders given to them.
That was the other thought I had at that scene. I understand following orders and maybe killing an innocent to save others but I'd need a damn good reason to kill an innocent animal who trusts me implicitly for some "greater good".

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but it was a test to see if you will blindly follow orders. eggsy failed by not shooting the dog.

Homsar

Yeah im pretty sure they dont want to take someone that is going to question everything they ask of him. Really glad they removed the parts from the comics with him acting like a little baby

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been searching hard for video of the church scene, I feel it should be everywhere
Could a bro find me a link?