League Of Legends

Kiki

Log Wizard
I haven't played this for years, but I literally quit because my main was Karma and they fucking butchered her in the remake. She was soooo much more fun to play pre rework. All she needed was some tweak to her tether and she would have been perfect, but nooo, they had to totally remake her. Pre rework karma could pull off some crazy unexpected burst and make epic saves with her shield. I don't think I've ever been as pissed at a gaming company as I did RIOT when they remade her, particularly since her rework was so drastic that all previous playtime and skills gained were basically wiped-- she was a totally different character post rework.

Same with yorick man, I loved being annoying with slows and never dying. Now it's like you almost need your ult to do anything. Why should I play him now? Might as well just do flavor of the month.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Same with yorick man, I loved being annoying with slows and never dying. Now it's like you almost need your ult to do anything. Why should I play him now? Might as well just do flavor of the month.

And I don't know how they handled the Yorick remake, but in the case of Karma they basically ignored hundreds of pages of community threads with all sorts of amazing suggestions in favor of their uber bland redesign. Then when everybody bitched and she was played even less the devs basically told everybody to fuck off. Uninstalled a week later.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I hear you guys complaining but imo Yorick and Karma are much better now than ever before. I dont hate them on my team, whereas before they were very niche/bad and had some of the lowest play rate & win rates.

In fact I just had a Yorick 2 games in a row (1 day apart though) on my team.. we lost 1, and won 1. The Yorick in both games did fine/great. The game we lost was mainly our bot lane going 6/21.

3rd & 4th game here, also had a yorick 7 days ago (the 10th game on the list, we won also).
Ravishing - Summoner Stats - League of Legends

Karma is much rarer but when I see her I'm generally happy with it.

Kiki

Log Wizard
The issue isn't that the new stuff is terribad, it's that it's not the old stuff that we mained for 5 years or whatever. New yorick might as well be a new champion so why not just make a new champion? What does it tell you that people would rather have a lower win rate to play something they find fun? We don't need to destroy niche picks just to buff winrates and homogenize everything.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The issue isn't that the new stuff is terribad, it's that it's not the old stuff that we mained for 5 years or whatever. New yorick might as well be a new champion so why not just make a new champion? What does it tell you that people would rather have a lower win rate to play something they find fun? We don't need to destroy niche picks just to buff winrates and homogenize everything.

The old Yorick played the same as the new Yorick pacing wise. Same anemic feeling.

I tried him top and just couldn't see the value. He earned his C list rating.

Now that Morde rework on the other hand....paggers.

I haven't played this for years, but I literally quit because my main was Karma and they fucking butchered her in the remake. She was soooo much more fun to play pre rework.

Same experience I had with old Yorick vs new Yorick. The new Yorick simply isn't fun.

Kiki

Log Wizard
If it's more polished than the dota one I'm definitely playing it. Biggest problem I had there was fighting the UI.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
It looks much better than the dota version. Of course dota in general seems janky and unintuitive to me.

Kiki

Log Wizard
It's proven autochess is a $maker. So this i would expect the same. All the streamers are gonna jump on it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Strategy games are also very stream/viewer friendly, and Esports friendly.
So it'll be a hit on Twitch for many years to come and Riot/Valve can roll it into their Esports production easily.

I assume Riot will win the war simply due to IP & reputation, but who knows.

Easy game to make with the backing of a billion $ company and millions of dollars of already established infrastructure. How can you lose.

It's something I can see older generations following/playing, because puzzle/strategy games in general are a huge hit with the older gen. See Candy Crush, Words with Friends, etc.

It's all going to hinge on how fast Riot can port it out to Mobile, that's the 1 sticking point with me.
I WANT to play it hardcore but not in front of a PC.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I can't wait for the arguments between TFT and Underlords fans. They've pretty much swapped when it comes to difficulty in comparison from LoL and Dota. TFT looks to have way more depth than Underlords (in comparison to Dota's depth versus LoL).

Most likely they'll both have their place in the scene. I'm not sure how the hell TFT could ever come to mobile though so maybe that would give Underlords an advantage.

Edit: On a side note, my account was hacked in 2016 and suspended. I had emailed them back then, but since I had no interest in League anymore I never followed through. Is there any chance I can get it reinstated now and if so is there any tips? I've heard Riot can be pretty unforgiving with their banning system.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Won my 2nd game of TFT on PBE. Fucking 41 minutes long, seems a bit much. Super stressful when it's top 3 but maybe I just need more experience. I think item choice is huge here so it helps to have an item sheet to plan your carousel if you don't like any champs. I only had 2 three-stars (lucian vayne), when all the other players had 3 but items make all the difference. I even made a bad item choice that almost cost me 1st.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
teaser for the new Project skins:

I will confirm 2 things about this years PROJECT skins.

1. You are correct its - Jinx, Akali, Irelia & Legendary Pyke
  2. There is a 5th skin which is teased somewhere in this video.
edit: Some industrious twitter followers have found the image tease I'm referring to.

5th Skin: PROJECT:Warwick

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
New Pantheon looks sick. Quite a challenge to redo a champ yet make him feel like the 2009 version. This looks like a VERY well done remake.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
3.5 min video for the new Star Guardian skin line:

For Worlds, going to be hard to top last years song/lineup (KDA) but rumor has it Lindsey Stirling is working with Riot:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Went 50-50 in elo hell forever trying to win via top. Kayle was the way out, gold skin #3 in the books. Just no way I could blow games out as much as required to climb with Garen or Darius. Like I could win my lane as them 90% of the time but after that they aren't "1v9" bosses like Kayle.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I was skipping over this vid because generally "Fan Made" hype vids are bad/boring, and it's also 6min long, but it was getting so many comments/awards I watched, and it was worth. This is an awesome video to hype Worlds, great music & clips, although the EU bias is strong.

I love LoL Worlds Season.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users