League Of Legends

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I was skipping over this vid because generally "Fan Made" hype vids are bad/boring, and it's also 6min long, but it was getting so many comments/awards I watched, and it was worth. This is an awesome video to hype Worlds, great music & clips, although the EU bias is strong.

I love LoL Worlds Season.

I love Worlds time of year too. I'm gonna love it even more this year since watching live will be much more palatable (though I did set alarms for all the western games last year).

On the topic of fan made League Worlds Hype video, I still watch this one every year, from the first worlds I watched

(It also has some of the most iconic League moments in it, Ryu v Faker Zed v Zed, Xpeke Nexus Backdoor, The Insec Kick, CLG vs TSM minions vs dyrus, among others)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
boggles my mind they had blind pick mirror matches in the earlier worlds lmao

That was a clip from the LCK. Korea used to do blind pick for their game 5s in best of 5 matches. I don't believe that was ever used anywhere else in the world or in an international tournament.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Worlds Song

I'm not ranking this too high up on the hype train, prior songs blow this away.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Wow that sounds way better. I do like the animation of Faker, Caps and Rookie looking for redemption for the last year (although Rookie is still the reigning champ, his 2019 has been really shaky, apparently the korean is basically "you should retire", etc).

As far as a new KD/A song, I think they said we are getting another finals song this year, and every year going forward? They did K-Pop last year due to being in Korea, so this year we will get something Euro centric. I am kinda hoping they just do a new Pentakill song. I would love to see a live performance of like Tear of the Goddess or Blade of the Ruined King or some new song.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I liked the animation style of Rise a lot better but the songs not bad after a few listens

Hoping for both a KDA and a new "True Damage" song whatever they decide to do with it. I'm guessing something like Justice since its in france and they're a french electronic duo lol

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Agreed, I like it.
Only *small* issue I had with the video is they show 3 male players battling their inner self and all 3 playing female champions, it's a little bit funny at the end when you see the 3 females fade to 3 male gaming nerds. But still a good video/animation nonetheless. Kinda tired of seeing Irelia in every video now though, karma is a boring champ. I liked seeing Lissandra, but would have liked to see a flashy male hero like Kayn, Pantheon, etc, too.

Needless

Toe Sucker
My pickems last year were dog shit, i suspect theyll be dogshit again
i don't know league teams lol

Just going with NA teams minus C9 cuz i don't like them

Memeing with HKA as #1 in A though, HK #1

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 1.11.21 PM.png

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
If I was smart It'd be
Griffin/G2/C9/HKA
Funplus/Splyce/Gam/JTeam
SKT/RNG/FNC/CG
Damwon/IG/TL/AHQ

But my heart wants NA teams in the mix, and to win these things you need to pick the upsets.

My picks first go, might change:

My amateur analysis:

Group A:
Griffin is supposed to be a powerhouse, but C9 seems to always make it out of groups. G2 is really strong. So it's a tough call. Logically I'd say C9 doesn't make it this year. HKA should be 4th this group but the other 3 is really anything goes. I'm thinking Griffin probably makes it and it's between G2 & C9... but I'm really hoping Griffin gets dumpstered and we get EU & NA advance.

Group B:
Group of Life, Funplus is the only good team here and should be #1 easily. Splyce should make it as well. The other 2 teams are trash. Anything can happen in 1v1 but I feel pretty confident in these #1 & #2 picks. Splyce have an added benefit of being "warmed up" already, and having an easy group.

Group C:
Hardest Worlds group ever. Fnatic was tilted since Day 1 when they saw the draw. Logically it'll be SKT/RNG but I really want to see upsets. I doubt CG can pull it off though. Hopefully FNC don't come in tilted and can take some games from RNG. The key will be if CG can take any games from anyone. They are going to play spoiler in this group, since whoever they beat likely ends up 3rd.

Group D:
I want TL to advance, Damwon is strong. IG are in a weakened state and AHQ is always tough. I think TL has good odds to make it out. I'm feeling confident with TL/Damwon. Damwon probably takes 1st in the group, especially since they have the benefit of being warmed up from the previous rounds.

edit:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Been watching most of the matches, or have them on in the background... most exciting matches so far has been SKT vs RNG (yesterday), and just now DWG vs IG.

Most of the games have been really good though, not too many stomps. Most games go late which amps up the tension. A lot of scaling comps and not too many steamroll-early comps.

G2 looked impressive their 1st game, they play C9 today. I'm guessing C9 gets stomped, but hopefully it's a good watch. TL mostly looks good although they are 1-1 right now. The group is pretty wide open atm, every team having at least 1 loss so far.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Games overall are very entertaining to watch.

That SKT vs RNG was fire.

Edit: caps and perkz are too much, holy shit.