League Of Legends

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Their effort to make games not take 60 minutes on average has kind of lead to snowballing. Even in the finals, game 1 and 3 were pretty close, until they were very much not. If a game is within 1 to 2k gold at 30 minutes, the next mistake will probably lead to a 3 to 5k gold swing and potentially the end. In casual games, comebacks are more possible because mistakes happen more.

And even then, with Riot's choking of vision in the game, catches are more probable now, even with pro level play. Domestically, there are teams like C9 who are very good at making the 1 play to get the comeback, but G2 is also really good at it. You saw it in their match vs SKT, being down nearly 10k when they won a game through superior rotations. It also nearly happened in G1 of the finals, except FPX's jungle and support were choking the map so much, those rotations were not as possible and were punished, further increasing FPX's small lead until they got a baron and it exploded.

Im interested to see what the map changes in the preseason do tho, I assume it will only increase the snowballing and forced fights, as the dragon buffs will be so much stronger, it wont be an objective so easily concedeable

The new elder buff seems crazy, but guess we'll see. I like the idea of the changes. I thought the meta this year was one of the best we could have asked for, in terms of pacing, team comps, everything. G2 just dropped the ball. Clearly the best team won that day. The G2 vs SKT game also clearly showed that comebacks were possible, which is why even though the finals went 3-0, it was still worth watching for the potential comeback... FPX's jungler was just insane though and shut down every setup they attempted.

My only wish is that Worlds format would be adjusted. They are already pumping 2020 as being crazy - the 10th World Championship. Adjusting the format would be nice for their 10th series IMO.

Most people want a losers bracket, I would like to see it, with the final being a Bo7 but winner bracket team starts with 1 win (instead of a 2nd Bo5 if they lost), to keep the finals reasonable.

Also maybe a "gauntlet" for 3rd place teams from groups to get 2 more teams in the KO bracket, perhaps they start in the losers bracket? idk.
Or for even more games, a gauntlet between 3rd & 4th places to get 4 more teams into KO, but probably too unfair for 1st & 2nd places in groups and is a lot more games.

Worlds has a lot of games but I want to see more teams play others. FPX never played 2 main regions (NA & Korea?) from what I've read.

2020 hype:

"The big info you gotta know for next year [is] we're going bananas," Nicolo Laurent, CEO of Riot Games, told ESPN at the company offices in Paris.

"We built a remote broadcast center outside of Shanghai that can handle five simultaneous streams from across China," John Needham, global head of League of Legends for Riot Games, said. "So we're going to leverage this infrastructure that Leo [Lin, head of Riot Games China] and Tencent invested in to do the biggest spectacle that you've seen in esports and one of the biggest in sports, frankly."

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Worlds has a lot of games but I want to see more teams play others. FPX never played 2 main regions (NA & Korea?) from what I've read.

Correct, FPX had EU, LMS and Brazil in their group, then played EU and then LPL in the knockouts, before EU again in the finals.

They had by far the easiest group, and struggled in it, which is why people were so down in them going into knockouts. However, Tian decided it was time to be the best jungler in the world and I assume LWX was replaced by a robot, because he was probably the weakest link on the team until finals, where he never died.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Riots biggest argument about running a losers bracket type worlds has always been about time. Odd though how DotA with TI or the other majors is able to finish a tournament roughly three times the size, counting teams and games played, in two weeks. Would be perfectly doable if they didn't insist on playing in four or five different cities and had the play ins offline running a couple games at a time. Offer multiple streams (they have the casters) so you can pick which teams you want to watch early then have the top 12 or whatever teams play on stage for the main event. Best two out of three with seeding garnered from play ins. Loser drops to loser's bracket then you have a seven game final like Ravishing said.

Would be a much better viewer experience and would really test how well teams adapt on the fly when they aren't given a week in between rounds to game plan or practice for their opponents. Plus I honestly kind of forget worlds is still on going when it takes them a month to go from play ins to finals with so much dead time between stages.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
These Dragon changes seem really awesome. Maybe a balancing nightmare but I'm down for this. So much cooler than simple stat buffs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Do I have to wait till Saturday for victorious Aatrox skin? Someone said between now and as long as early December.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1574551663958.png

nope

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Jungle feels really bad right now, might just have to play support for this season if they don't iron out the issues. They've made gank heavy junglers really sub optimal unless every one of your ganks are succeeding. One failed gank and you are really far behind and forget about it if you die during the gank. The odd thing is that objective control/farm style junglers aren't really in a much better place. The nerf to jungle xp has it so that you could literally chain farm your jungle as each camp pops and still be two levels behind solo laners and even with the bot duo. So your optimal methods of xp and gold gain is to chain farm your own jungle and then risk your xp on a gank to slingshot yourself ahead or hope the enemy jungle fails theirs and you can invade their jungle and clear a side to keep yourself within one level of the solos.

Dragons are also too important now. You pretty much have to play a jungle that can solo dragons at four if you want to "carry" or you are completely reliant on your botlane not being trash and hard losing lane to obtain them. Overall the feeling is just really lackluster at the moment and I hope they do something to resolve it. I just had a game where I was playing Olaf got first fire drake, farmed efficiently, and was 1-0-2 with a kill top and assists bot. The enemy mid and top were still two levels up on me though and I literally couldn't deal with them because they plain just had more gold and XP. Must have felt even worse for the enemy jungle because he got set back by failing a gank bot and was level 5 when I was seven and the solo laners were level 8-9.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
1-1 with eve jungle so far, small sample size but I felt good even though the loss was a stomp.. I had 9 kills, adc had 11, but mid/top/supp all feed their asses off. Yasuo mid with 6kdmg. I had most damage in the entire match with 22k or so.

So yea, jury is out on jungle still, but I feel I still contribute whether behind or ahead

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Maybe its more a feel thing then anything else. But if I'm some variation of 1-0-3 or 2-0-2 with competitive CS I shouldn't be running from a solo laner with good cs and a 1-0-0 stat line just because they have 2 levels of free stats on me that I can't achieve unless I'm mega stomping. Being behind is what feels worse. I wasn't a huge fan of the catch up mechanics the last couple seasons had but dying in one gank shouldn't set you 3-4 levels behind solos at 8 to 10 minutes. Your team has to be doing really well for you to regain any sort of relevance.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Sanguine blade is such an op item, I have no idea how they possibly thought that was a good idea or even a mediocre idea. It's flat out retarded. New elder dragon is pretty damn stupid too.

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
I've played like 30 games since 9.23 and im yet to see an elder dragon.
This game is so fast now there is no late game anymore lmao

also this new champion looks nuts, he's completely different than any other champion (only lvls stats, has 5 guns, his own UI, auto level abilities etc)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I like the concept they are shooting for. I dislike the emo character they've created lol.
I hate that this guy is related to the Lunari / Solari lore. Diana/Leona are badass figures compared to this dude.
I'll never be able to master this (probably), but looks like it could be fun to watch... idk.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Interesting changes, I'm intrigued. Gotta admit, changing R to E is going to fuck up my muscle memory I've built up over 5+ years lol.

The extra AoE damage looks good, and some additional survivability on W.. losing the mana gain on passive is a little sting though.

Overall im not too disappointed, especially since I've given in to the fact she's just not in a good spot for a while now.

My most success was when you could go abyssal on her 1st item and get the 1-shot ability + survivability vs MR all together and early.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Does anyone play TFT? I hate MOBAs with a passion but got talked into giving TFT a try. It's the most frustrating, RNG riddled shitfest I've ever played. Yet I can't stop playing it...