League Of Legends

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They really need to score lanes for individual merits too.

For instance if you are under 200 (lol) CS at 40mins as an ADC, you need to have another -15 LP tacked on. You shouldnt be higher than iron or low bronze if you're super low last hit rate.

If you push both enemies bottom off the wave until mid game, should be a bonus for support, +10 or so - that way a loss is only -5.

There's people that just get carried and randomly float in silver that make ranking up a Russian roulette game.

Watching someone at Silver I miss every other cannon creep in an uncontested wave due to superior support play, then lose 18 LP after is crazy. You should be moved up after that game, and the dummy moved down even on a win.

Holding a support to the same ranking conditions as a mid, based on a win or not is just goofy.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Worlds had a large viewership increase this year.

The finals between DWG KIA from South Korea (League of Legends Championship Korea) and Chinese team Edward Gaming (from the League of Legends Pro League) saw an Average Minute Audience (AMA) of 30,604,255, a 32.82% increase over 2020; and 73,860,742 Peak Concurrent Viewers (PCU), a 60.33% increase over 2020, according to Riot. EDG would ultimately edge out DWG KIA 3-2. The viewership analysis was facilitated through a partnership with Stream Hatchet.

Past Worlds Championship Finals Viewership Numbers (according to Riot):

• In 2020 at the SAIC Motor Pudong Arena in Shanghai, China, DWG KIA defeated Suning 3-1: (PCU - 46,067,896, AMA - 23,041,174)
  • In 2019 at the AccorHotels Arena in Paris, France, FunPlus Phoenix defeated G2 Esports 3-0: (PCU - 43,982,055, AMA -21,469,358)
  • In 2018 at the Incheon Munhak Stadium in Incheon, South Korea, Invictus Gaming defeated Fnatic 3-1: (PCU - 43,997,815, AMA -19,280,120)

TL;DR

Year: Average Minute Audience || Peak Concurrent Viewers

2021: 30,604,255 || 73,860,742
2020: 23,041,174 || 46,067,896
2019: 21,469,358 || 43,982,055
2018: 19,280,120 || 43,997,815

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
So I have been playing off and on over the past couple of weeks and I just hit level 30. I have to say that, after all of the stuff I heard going into it, I was expecting a lot more toxicity than I have seen. People are for more likely to be friendly and helpful than assholes. I've found it to be more enjoyable than DOTA. You do occasionally run into turds or people who tilt when you're having a bad game but not bad.

Anyway, after 100+ games, my winrate is only around 42% but I started out playing with my kid, who is level 140 so I was getting smoked as a level 12 playing high level people. Somewhere along the way, I discovered Brand and that I could play him well enough to win most of the time against normies, currently at about 55% with 40+ games playing him. About half of those have been single-queue so people were closer to my level.

You can guess where I am going with this. Too early to enter ranked games as a one-trick?

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So I have been playing off and on over the past couple of weeks and I just hit level 30. I have to say that, after all of the stuff I heard going into it, I was expecting a lot more toxicity than I have seen. People are for more likely to be friendly and helpful than assholes. I've found it to be more enjoyable than DOTA. You do occasionally run into turds or people who tilt when you're having a bad game but not bad.

Anyway, after 100+ games, my winrate is only around 42% but I started out playing with my kid, who is level 140 so I was getting smoked as a level 12 playing high level people. Somewhere along the way, I discovered Brand and that I could play him well enough to win most of the time against normies, currently at about 55% with 40+ games playing him. About half of those have been single-queue so people were closer to my level.

You can guess where I am going with this. Too early to enter ranked games as a one-trick?
You are going to get placed iron or bronze almost guaranteed, so do whatever interests you. From my experience in the way way past, one-tricking is best for ranking up.. you should have a 2nd champion on the back burner just in case though.

Oh and toxicity in ranked far surpasses that of normals.

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah I'm sure unranked isn't bad atm with the mass influx of new players but ranked will be a different animal.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
In my first unranked game, someone picked Brand before me. Never happened once before. I shit the bed and went with Lux, who I am not very good at. The rest of the team was shit and we got destroyed. Next game, I got Brand and we were holding our lane but our bottom and jungler were feeding retards. So far, worse play in Bronze III then in most of my normal games.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Finally got gold playing support (only ADC to go, never tried). Of course preseason so it doesnt count or whatever.

This game has way too many super high rankeds on alts or from selling boosts in bronze-silver tho.

There's also a "carried in place" where they flag you as someone who carries you games or not despite your rank. 10 people get picked for a game, if you've won 5 in a row they put the DCers and people who routinely go negative on your team. So, its entirely possible to be iron tier and stuck in silver griefing people trying to move up by being a dead weight. I can support this by looking at match histories from my team mates.

It's far from completely random match making "with players of your skill" and like I said, god damn is it smurfed into oblivion. Having to beat high diamond people in silver promos is about the state of the game.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah their 'smurf' detection and 'forced 50% WR' attempt at match making makes the ranked grind super unappealing

• 2Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Seeing the best gangplank outside of worlds one shot people with barrels with hyper reaction speed and precision in a silver promo lol

• 1Worf

Leon

<Silver Donator>
My girl Sej finally getting screen time.

Orn just chilling like a king making weapons while people are mauling each other and Aurelion is calling exterminatus on the planet.

Kai'sa is best girl.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
All of the facial expressions are so good, they gave each character a high quality closeup. Panth, Sej, Taliyah, Kai Sai, all have amazing emotions across their faces.

And Leona just ignored during the ending climax wtf, she came in hot.

• 1Solidarity

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The rendering and lightning on that pantheon closeup was phenomenal

Really was hoping for a a sol to show up bigger then the planet like some God in the sky.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The rendering and lightning on that pantheon closeup was phenomenal

Really was hoping for a a sol to show up bigger then the planet like some God in the sky.

I would assume that's who Pantheon is going all Superman after.

• 1Truth!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My girl Sej finally getting screen time.

Orn just chilling like a king making weapons while people are mauling each other and Aurelion is calling exterminatus on the planet.

Kai'sa is best girl.
When I first saw it, all I kept thinking was "Typical Orn. Still standing in the fucking base."

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users