Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Mobile is here finally and I love it.

It‘a obviously the same client but with small adjustments for mobile, namely your deck is at the bottom right corner rather than in bottom middle and when you click on it it fans out in the bottom with card getting slightly bigger, it’s great for visibility. All the menu work great on mobile. I’m super excited.

Opened a Golden Capsule and got 2 Lee Sin. I guess I’m going to give him a try.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That deck is fun. I could just build the whole set with the amount of wildcards and gems I have but I am not in that large of a hurry.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
There was a crazy glitch after my first game today, I got -62k points and it unlocked a ton of region progress.. I'm full unlock SI because that's what was active, and it unlocked up to level 19 of bilgewater, I guess from overflow xp or something.. so I got a lot of instant unlocks and more wild cards. I can easily unlock most of the set too.

I'm finding playing against mao/naut to be kinda difficult, my deck doesn't pressure hard enough before they get leveled up. Might need to adjust some things.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
There was a crazy glitch after my first game today, I got -62k points and it unlocked a ton of region progress.. I'm full unlock SI because that's what was active, and it unlocked up to level 19 of bilgewater, I guess from overflow xp or something.. so I got a lot of instant unlocks and more wild cards. I can easily unlock most of the set too.

I'm finding playing against mao/naut to be kinda difficult, my deck doesn't pressure hard enough before they get leveled up. Might need to adjust some things.

My variation has also had difficulty with Naut/Mao. I'm usually so close to winning and they level up Mao and deck me. Have you tried Riptide Rex? That card has won me a few games. I find Double Up to be pretty awful overall and will be replacing it (probably with another Rex). I usually ascribe to Mogwai's playing with several one ofs so Strong Arm is staying even though I've not gotten a lot of value so far from it. I've added Make It Rain because I've also needed to race a few times and it helps get there. I might add more barrel makers to improve the effects from Crackshot and Miss Fortune. Lots of different options.

Either way, I'm having a blast with the deck and thanks for putting in the work on it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
My variation has also had difficulty with Naut/Mao. I'm usually so close to winning and they level up Mao and deck me. Have you tried Riptide Rex? That card has won me a few games. I find Double Up to be pretty awful overall and will be replacing it (probably with another Rex). I usually ascribe to Mogwai's playing with several one ofs so Strong Arm is staying even though I've not gotten a lot of value so far from it. I've added Make It Rain because I've also needed to race a few times and it helps get there. I might add more barrel makers to improve the effects from Crackshot and Miss Fortune. Lots of different options.

Either way, I'm having a blast with the deck and thanks for putting in the work on it.
I am working on an ice plunder deck with sej and I put in riptide, he is really good imo.

I already removed double up and strong arm for barrel makers and I'm trying 2x sleight of hand. Overall the deck i posted seems decent but to refine it probably means cutting some of the thief cards and lessening the 1 drops. I really like crackshot, the elusive can probably go though

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I am working on an ice plunder deck with sej and I put in riptide, he is really good imo.

I already removed double up and strong arm for barrel makers and I'm trying 2x sleight of hand. Overall the deck i posted seems decent but to refine it probably means cutting some of the thief cards and lessening the 1 drops. I really like crackshot, the elusive can probably go though

I've been playing the Naut/Mao deck later today. Incredibly powerful considering how easy it really is to get to 15 cards. My version feels extremely rough but the two different win cons are hard for decks to stop. Tossing also makes sure you hit your champions really easily. I've had quite a few games where I had all 3 Maokai either in hand or in play. I've played against a lot of interesting decks and am glad this finally released. I barely played the last month but this will keep my interested for at least a good couple months.

My next deck may try to abuse Crackshot, Miss Fortune, barrels, etc with the scouting mechanic. It might be interesting to see how well a Kinkou Wayfinder version does or even Professor Yipp. I misjudged how strong Gangplank is. It's fairly easy to either level him immediately or as a combat trick and having automatic barrels every turn is extremely useful.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Damn, I watched Ravishing Ravishing twitch for a few games, then left to go to bed...about 2 hours later I’m still on my iPad playing this. :)

That’s why I wanted a mobile version so badly.

I wonder if Teemo is going to be a thing with all these decks drawing tons of cards.

I played about 4-5 hours total today with some of Ravishing deck which did ok, it’s pretty fun and tonight I played one of Swim’s deck with Twisted Fate and Lee Sin. Hard deck to play, I did tons of misplays And still went 3-0 with it. Massive amount of draw power, my hand was constantly over 8 cards and had to be careful not overdraw and my board was always full, really ridiculous. You could easily mill yourself if not careful.

Twisted Fate is really good, the options of his 3 cards is really strong, and with this deck he wasn’t that bad to level up surprisingly, he put in some serious work. Lee Sin wasn’t has impactful, got stock with 2 in hand that I never played in one game. In another game I played him but he did nothing, in my last game his signature card won me the game.

So far for first day, really enjoyed what I saw.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Damn, I watched Ravishing Ravishing twitch for a few games, then left to go to bed...about 2 hours later I’m still on my iPad playing this. :)

That’s why I wanted a mobile version so badly.

I wonder if Teemo is going to be a thing with all these decks drawing tons of cards.

I played about 4-5 hours total today with some of Ravishing deck which did ok, it’s pretty fun and tonight I played one of Swim’s deck with Twisted Fate and Lee Sin. Hard deck to play, I did tons of misplays And still went 3-0 with it. Massive amount of draw power, my hand was constantly over 8 cards and had to be careful not overdraw and my board was always full, really ridiculous. You could easily mill yourself if not careful.

Twisted Fate is really good, the options of his 3 cards is really strong, and with this deck he wasn’t that bad to level up surprisingly, he put in some serious work. Lee Sin wasn’t has impactful, got stock with 2 in hand that I never played in one game. In another game I played him but he did nothing, in my last game his signature card won me the game.

So far for first day, really enjoyed what I saw.

Im still playing lol.. I would try new decks but Im waiting till tomorrow to see what's "meta" in ranked. I feel like most of the decks today are going to be actual garbage.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Felt good winning my first game after not playing for a few months. Shunpo is great, really takes them by surprise to have an extra attack phase.

Running Demacia/Noxus, I really like challenger cards to fuck up combat math for my opponent without needing to cast extra cards.

No idea what to use my wildcards on, I spent them all ASAP on MTG Arena and got stuck with a deck I didn't like.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Based on my playing last night my first "competitive" deck is going to be a Quinn/MF deck. The Scouts with MF effect are super effective. I'm seeing a lot of variants of this deck and I'm confident it's actually going to be a really good deck in some form. The deck I'm starting with:

CEBQCAQGCYBAEAAGBECQCAABBEOSWNQDAEBAABABAIDD4BIBAAKRUJJSGMAQEAQGCEKQ

Mine currently includes Bannermen since I'm only using a few cards from Bilgewater.
A lot of adjustments will be made to this to refine it. And I'm seeing a lot of good ideas out there to make this better.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
mobile client is super sluggish at times... pretty annoying.

On which device? It's super smooth on an iPad.

So I played a bit this morning, and there's 2 types of opponents I faced, tryhards playing highly optimized aggro decks or people experimenting with new stuff. Now I don't mind the tryhards since it does allow me to test my decks against optimized decks, but I think it's weird on first day on the expansion that some people don't try any new stuff, especially since it's not ranked.

Twisted Fate level up is real hard even in a deck optimized for him where you can level him up in 2- rounds, he almost never stays on board for 2-3 rounds. That said, even without being levelled up he's a pretty good champion. The 3 Destiny Cards are all great, especially the Red and Gold . If he does level up and you have spell to trigger him it's pretty cool, cast 3 spells and essentially have 6 spell happen.

The meta will be interesting in the next few weeks, it will probably shift a lot as people discover new ways to do things.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
On which device? It's super smooth on an iPad.

So I played a bit this morning, and there's 2 types of opponents I faced, tryhards playing highly optimized aggro decks or people experimenting with new stuff. Now I don't mind the tryhards since it does allow me to test my decks against optimized decks, but I think it's weird on first day on the expansion that some people don't try any new stuff, especially since it's not ranked.

Twisted Fate level up is real hard even in a deck optimized for him where you can level him up in 2- rounds, he almost never stays on board for 2-3 rounds. That said, even without being levelled up he's a pretty good champion. The 3 Destiny Cards are all great, especially the Red and Gold . If he does level up and you have spell to trigger him it's pretty cool, cast 3 spells and essentially have 6 spell happen.

The meta will be interesting in the next few weeks, it will probably shift a lot as people discover new ways to do things.

Pixel 2.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Expedition is interesting. I went 6-1 on my first attempt. I had a solid Elusive deck but the one that beat me made me realize that Toss/Deep is a powerful combo in this format. I am not sure how effective it will be in ranked but Toss/Deep is a very real thing in Expedition if you get the right cards.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Based on my playing last night my first "competitive" deck is going to be a Quinn/MF deck. The Scouts with MF effect are super effective. I'm seeing a lot of variants of this deck and I'm confident it's actually going to be a really good deck in some form. The deck I'm starting with:

CEBQCAQGCYBAEAAGBECQCAABBEOSWNQDAEBAABABAIDD4BIBAAKRUJJSGMAQEAQGCEKQ

Mine currently includes Bannermen since I'm only using a few cards from Bilgewater.
A lot of adjustments will be made to this to refine it. And I'm seeing a lot of good ideas out there to make this better.

I imported your version but haven't played it yet. I have a lower curve aggro version I really like and will be working on. Ranger's Resolve is amazing so far. It throws off so much math this early in the expansion. I killed a few Maokai with Quinn's Valor before they knew what hit them. I have a version with Ionia and Wayfinder I'm testing as well. I'd like to try Sejuani and TF but that will have to wait for next week. I blew through my shards and saved cards to ensure I got Quinn, Misfortune, Gangplank, Maokai, Swain, and Nautilus and the cards needed to build some themed decks.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I imported your version but haven't played it yet. I have a lower curve aggro version I really like and will be working on. Ranger's Resolve is amazing so far. It throws off so much math this early in the expansion. I killed a few Maokai with Quinn's Valor before they knew what hit them. I have a version with Ionia and Wayfinder I'm testing as well. I'd like to try Sejuani and TF but that will have to wait for next week. I blew through my shards and saved cards to ensure I got Quinn, Misfortune, Gangplank, Maokai, Swain, and Nautilus and the cards needed to build some themed decks.
Don't run that version, I'll post a better one later

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Heres my current deck code for MF/Quinn deck, I change it often so not updating the mobalytics build.

CEBQEAQAAYEQGAQGBALB2BIBAAERUHJLGYBACAQABICACABFFEZDGAA

let me know if you try it and how it works and what you change, still trying to tune it

I'm also streaming it for the next few hours

Edit: Played this 1 deck for 4 hours, went 16-10 (62% win rate). Not bad. I like it. I got it to a spot where I can't see an obvious weak spot. Most of my losses came from Aggro decks and some Ezreal decks and a couple other Quinn/MF matchups - with a different list.

Notes after playing it tonight:

• Genevieve is a really strong card.
  • Purify is awesome against the mirror match to counter Grizzled Ranger. Purify also just seems good right now. Lots of passive effects on followers you can silence.
  • Cithria might not be necessary in the deck, kinda win-more. But not sure.
  • Salvage has been a great addition and one of the last I made. Was having too many games rely on top-decking. Since adding Salvage I never had an issue.
  • Ezreal & Karma are still broken as fuck but this deck can win about 50%, maybe more.
  • Petty Officer is awesome, helps go wide and sometimes you get some broken 1-drops. I've had the 4/3 ephemeral dude pop out like 3-4x in the 26 matches I played. And in some cases, if you have MF on the board, you go barrel for that extra reach. I only did that once though.

Utilizing Scout to its fullest is the key with this deck and keep track of MF/Quinn's level ups. Once either (or both) level up, you can take control of the game, even if things look dire.

Cards I removed:

Rally & Citrus dude: Rally seemed like win-more. Yes, sometimes you get 3 attacks in a round, but in a lot of cases it was just sitting in my hand waiting to be used. Same with Citrus guy, getting the Plunder is only really reliable with MF on board. He's a terrible top-deck and has a weak body. I don't value Rally too much in this deck. Most of the dudes are weak. Rally better in decks that can create a board of beefcakes.

Bannerman: Just seemed weak, only hitting maybe 2 dudes at best, and it is 4 mana and doesn't buff self anymore.

Greenfang Warden: Tough & Scout are nice keywords but a 2/2 for 3 mana wasn't putting in the work. I prefer getting the extra dude with Petty Officer

I have seen other Quinn/MF decks adding the Loyal Badgerbear straight up. 3 mana 4/4. I think there's merit here, I may try it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So I started today on a 4 win streak and plat2... then all day have stagnated between plat 3 & 2.

Seems like everyone is on the MF train... mostly MF/Quinn, but seeing her paired with Sej and Gangplank too.

I had a hunch she'd be meta, her effect is crazy. Now I'm not sure to keep grinding with Quinn or try to counter.

So far I haven't beat the other pairings. But I've had some bad openers too