Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Valderen Valderen , I think Vlad will see a lot more play. There's nothing comparable to a five mana 6/6 with regen. He's an obvious replacement for any Demacia deck that wants to go away from Vi. I also think Greathorn Companion got a massive buff. This card with Ranger's Resolve/ Chain Vest is a gigantic problem for many decks on turn 5. That one more power should make him an auto 3 in certain decks.

I'm looking to see pilfered goods nerfed next month. After this nerf, nothing will provide more cards for a better deal. It should have never costed less than 3.

The thing I love about their nerfs is that there are a lot of buffs too. Quite a few new decks are built or rebuilt. I'm definitely going to try out Slotbot, Greathorn, Vlad(again), Shen and Monkey Idol. It's a lot more fun when the game revolves around champions than burn.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't see greathorn included in any decks since it competes with radiant guardian. Would be too many 5s. Huge buff to remembrance though.

Vlad is a tough one, i don't think he replaces vi at all since he damages your board and fulfills a different purpose. His C tier deck gets better though. Maybe jumping up to A tier. He becomes a late game animal since he can heal you for so much.

Before you could just race him, but now you actually need to deal with him.

Pilfered Goods really should be 3 or 4 mana and it should only grab "collectible" cards. Would still grab buffed units, but ashe arrow and yetis don't get pulled.

Also apply it to Sleight of Hand so hero spells can't be grabbed out of your hand. Make it a hidden rule to avoid lengthy card text, since it is already being done with "can't draw champions"

I do think drawing from the top is better for the person getting pilfered. It helps you get to your champions faster.

In the meantime, I'm climbing back up in masters with a plunder MF/Sej deck 😄

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The changes that I expect to the Pilfered Goods and Card Stealing is most likely these...

In general, whether they decide to draw from bottom of the deck or another solution, Card Stealing should not steal buffed cards...this affects Freljord way too hard, and it's already a weak region.

Black Market Merchant: "When you draw an enemy card, reduce its cost by 1. Plunder: Draw 1 from the enemy deck." to something like this: "Plunder: Draw 1 from the enemy deck and reduce it's cost by 1". So he doesn't reduce the cost of cards stolen by Pilfered Goods.

Pilfered Goods: Probably just increase mana cost to 3, although if Black Market Merchant would be nerfed like my suggestion and not reduce the cost of cards drawn with Pilfered Goods, 2 mana might be ok.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Why the hell does legends of runeterra have the best commercials for anything ever?

I audibly laughed when i saw this ad and then looked the game up to find it was a card game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not grinding LoR much till the patch but I have managed to get back to the top 200 (@150 right now) using this MF/Sej deck playing very casually the past couple days. IMO this version is the best MF/Sej deck. I love it. It can win against everything. Burn is probably the toughest match. My biggest win was CRUSHING a rank 17 Master player.

I think after the update you'll see this type of deck even more rampant. It's practically an aggro deck with a massive late game. And it's annoying as fuck due to Pilfering.
Some of my annoying losses are due to getting pilfered and they take all my good shit from me.

CEBACAQBAIFQEBQFBMIRIFQ4EETC2MJ2AIAQCAIWAEBAMHIA
https://lor.mobalytics.gg/decks/br6a4ctbunq8v05pena0

Building the deck:
I basically threw in every OP bilgewater card and only 5 Freljord cards.
I've been testing Sej everywhere and this is where she really shines. You can VERY OFTEN have her leveled by the time you can play her. I wouldn't say it's a goal, but it just happens naturally so often. And when she's leveled, it's almost game over. Because with Warning shot you can trigger her effect and prevent the opponent from ever killing you. If they Will of Ionia, you Warning shot during the response, it spoils their attack phase, then on your turn you can just replay her. It's the most annoying toxic shit ever. And if you can have an MF on the board as well, oh boy.

Originally I didn't have the 2x Salvage but adding them has sealed up a huge weak spot. Without them, you run out of gas... which sounds weird due to all the pilfering, but you actually really need to cycle YOUR deck.

You'll see other versions including Fury of the North, which is a good addition, but I've intentionally kept it out to have a higher change of hitting with Yordle Grifter. I just love having the high consistency of 3x on almost all the cards.

Mulligan for 1s and 2s usually. If you go first, getting the attack on the first round really helps speed up leveling Sej. If you go 2nd, you pray your opponent misses their 1drop so you can open attack next round and get a nice Plunder in, or force them to use a Mystic Shot or something on your Hawk/Butcher. Playing Butcher as a 2/2 on turn 1 is definitely correct.

Hoard Warning Shots for Sej / Citrus / Rex turns and try to get plunder activations with Make it Rain / MF / Zap beforehand. If you have a load of Pilfereds/Black Market Merchants, then obviously use a Warning shot to trigger a big Pilfering turn.

Let me know how it works for you, I've been having a blast with it.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Why the hell does legends of runeterra have the best commercials for anything ever?

I audibly laughed when i saw this ad and then looked the game up to find it was a card game.

Because it's Riot and they make Music videos out of everything? :D
Actually that's just a Song they put to the Release trailer of the game, the actual release trailer without the song is better imo:

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm not grinding LoR much till the patch but I have managed to get back to the top 200 (@150 right now) using this MF/Sej deck playing very casually the past couple days. IMO this version is the best MF/Sej deck. I love it. It can win against everything. Burn is probably the toughest match. My biggest win was CRUSHING a rank 17 Master player.

I think after the update you'll see this type of deck even more rampant. It's practically an aggro deck with a massive late game. And it's annoying as fuck due to Pilfering.
Some of my annoying losses are due to getting pilfered and they take all my good shit from me.

Building the deck:
I've been testing Sej everywhere and this is where she really shines. You can VERY OFTEN have her leveled by the time you can play her. I wouldn't say it's a goal, but it just happens naturally so often. And when she's leveled, it's almost game over. Because with Warning shot you can trigger her effect and prevent the opponent from ever killing you. If they Will of Ionia, you Warning shot during the response, it spoils their attack phase, then on your turn you can just replay her. It's the most annoying toxic shit ever. And if you can have an MF on the board as well, oh boy.

Originally I didn't have the 2x Salvage but adding them has sealed up a huge weak spot. Without them, you run out of gas... which sounds weird due to all the pilfering, but you actually really need to cycle YOUR deck.

You'll see other versions including Fury of the North, which is a good addition, but I've intentionally kept it out to have a higher change of hitting with Yordle Grifter. I just love having the high consistency of 3x on almost all the cards.

Mulligan for 1s and 2s usually. If you go first, getting the attack on the first round really helps speed up leveling Sej. If you go 2nd, you pray your opponent misses their 1drop so you can open attack next round and get a nice Plunder in, or force them to use a Mystic Shot or something on your Hawk/Butcher. Playing Butcher as a 2/2 on turn 1 is definitely correct.

Hoard Warning Shots for Sej / Citrus / Rex turns and try to get plunder activations with Make it Rain / MF / Zap beforehand. If you have a load of Pilfereds/Black Market Merchants, then obviously use a Warning shot to trigger a big Pilfering turn.

My version has 8 Freljord cards and maybe that's a mistake since pilfering is so rampant. I have 5 buff cards. One of the best cards in the deck is the Sprayfin. Elusives are a lot rarer now and having one that draws one of three specific cards is so useful.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So the Vault today rewarded with the last Champion card I was missing in Kalista, so full set of Champions. I'm still missing some of the regular cards but I have a lot of Wildcards and Shards, just never needed those cards.

I only did my daily today, enable 11 plunder. I did that in one game, poor Freljord, I pilfered 2 buffed cards, one of which was a 2/2 Omen Hawk. So not only did I steal a buffed card, but that card buffed one of my cards. :)

I'll be waiting for the patch to hit before playing anything else.

I'm looking forward to the Progress Day video by Mogwai, Impetuous Panda and Swim where they'll be discussing the balance changes. It's usually a pretty cool video to watch.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That MF/Sej deck is going to be why Plunder gets nerfed. I imagine Sej might also take a hit. Having the ability to neutralize attacks offensively and defensively at burst speed is a bit to powerful. I did enjoy the game that involved me plundering the opponent's plunders. That got ridiculous.

Expect to just see that deck a lot, as more people become aware of it. The sad thing is, the balance has no effect on this deck.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

Building the deck:

Everytime you post this deck I try and look at it, and every time it's private:/

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Everytime you post this deck I try and look at it, and every time it's private:/

I figured their Link would bypass the security, I edited it to be Public.

This is my first time posting MF/Sej, before it was MF/Quinn & Sej/Quinn

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have won 12 consecutive games with the MF/Sej deck. That is too many to win. This deck is next on the chopping block. My Last game was verse Stun. It can be an issue when their hero can wipe out a board after a mass stun. Its an issue, unless I plunder two, 2 cost recalls and a 2 cost counterspell. It was painful but funny to watch him have to pay 4 to counterspell his own recall, only for me to cast the second one. That was just..wow. Never even needed Sej.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I have won 12 consecutive games with the MF/Sej deck. That is too many to win. This deck is next on the chopping block. My Last game was verse Stun. It can be an issue when their hero can wipe out a board after a mass stun. Its an issue, unless I plunder two, 2 cost recalls and a 2 cost counterspell. It was painful but funny to watch him have to pay 4 to counterspell his own recall, only for me to cast the second one. That was just..wow. Never even needed Sej.

This is what I like to hear! I think I'm undefeated yesterday, maybe 5-0 or more, didn't track. But this deck can struggle vs Burn. After the patch I'll be shooting for top 50 with it. Like 0 cards got touched. It can also struggle against other Plunder decks, since they take your shit, but not all will have the Sejuani end game

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The patch went in but nothing from the patch starts until tomorrow? Am I understanding that correctly?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I figured their Link would bypass the security, I edited it to be Public.

This is my first time posting MF/Sej, before it was MF/Quinn & Sej/Quinn
Ah OK, well I was trying to look at those then!

I looked at the deck from the in game link and bought the cards, having a lot of fun so far! Keep up the good work :)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I think stealing from the bottom of the enemy's deck instead of the top is a no-brainer at this point. The functionality is already in the game, they just need to change it.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have lost...Once. It was against the soon to be nerfed agro deck. 18 games now. This is probabaly the most powerful deck I have played in this game to date.

Well built..

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Also, I would have preferred Rearguard made into a vanilla 2/2 than his current form. At least then, Noxus would have a playable 1 drop.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have lost...Once. It was against the soon to be nerfed agro deck. 18 games now. This is probabaly the most powerful deck I have played in this game to date.

Well built..
Yeah I've won too many games to count so far, I had a loss or two early on as I learned the deck but on a streak now.

I'm not seeing much burn, seems like people are trying out new decks with undying stuff and spiders being popular. The burn I did face seemed really easy.

Black Market Merchant and Pilfer is very strong, as is the 8 cost Shark that wipes the board.

Sejuani I'm hardly playing but it's incredible to Warning Shot and freeze their board full of massive units.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I finally had a streak of losses that revolved around poor opening hands. The 2 losses were rough.

• 1Like