Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
EtPNIzYXIAQUMm1

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just restarted playing in time for new event, new champions, new cards and new balance path. Good times ahead. :)

So quick look at some of the card...

Stress Testing: I think it’s a very strong card in the right deck, lIke with Pick a Card. Might also see use in discard decks. I like the dual effect when you play it or whether it’s discarded. Gives it some flexibility.

Troll Gifts: Granting Regeneration could be pretty strong on some cards, grant +2/+2 if it’s has Regeneration already is also very strong for 2 mana. The issue with all Grant effect is Hush, even with the nerf it will still see play. The more buffs you add to the game the better Hush is. This mini expansion has 3 cards granting buffs so Hush will still see play.

Flurry of Fist: Nice combat trick, with again 2 options which I really like on cards...so biased a bit for all of these.

The Fangs: Seems really good, an invoke card with lifesteal, like Targon needed more healing.

The Veiled Temple: Not sure about this, it says refill 2 mana, not spell mana which could be pretty strong. Landmark are usually tempo loss when played, but this offers the possibility to gain tempo each turns afterwards. Probably a bit too complex for me to truly evaluate this early one. I think it’s going to be on the weak side, but could end up doing some really crazy stuff.

Wild Claws and Molten Strike: Expansive slow spells that seems to have too many ways to be countered.

The rest I don’t have an opinion on yet other than being mostly unimpressed.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It's really hard to say obviously, also Aphelios isn't on this sheet.

My hunch is that the cards with greatest chance of seeing play are:

-------
Gluttony : Just seems good for those types of decks. Better than draw since it Summons.

Flurry of Fists (Lee Sin???!?!?!!) : Lee Sin isn't getting hit too hard and this seems like an obvious card to put on him, especially if he has Overwhelm.

The Veiled Temple : You get +2 mana every round and playing 2 cards isn't hard in a Zoe deck.

Powder Pandemonium : Seems like a finisher card for those type of decks. Plunder isn't seeing too much play, but it's still out there. This is almost like a Harrowing for Plunder decks. On an empty board you give up to 6 enemies Vulnerable & you summon 6 monkeys that can trade & do 1 nexus damage each. For only 4 mana.
----------

High chance of seeing play:

The Flight: Nexus Strike is often too tough to rely on, but a 1 drop Elusive with 2 attack is actually great. It helps vs the TF/Fizz deck, Zoe, Ezreal, and Teemo decks. I think the current meta means this sees play.

The Fangs: It's expensive, but permanent lifesteal with invoke is nice. It's going to compete against Solari Sunforger. Yes, different regions, but they will go in the same deck & they are the same cost. Solari trades better and works better with Single Combat.

----------

Potential:

Troll Gifts: +2/+2 is a really nice combat trick but the unit needs regen already, can definitely work. Giving Regen doesn't seem as good.

-----------

Musings:

Stress Testing: Dead card often imo. Would be funny with Living Legends, but I don't see Targon/P&Z working. Could work with Pick a Card, but im not sure if this is needed there. Maybe works with the girl that makes fleeting copies of drawn cards. But she never sees play, too slow.

The Sky Shadows: I'm not sure that Nightfall needs this at all, especially since it doesn't advance Noc/Diana conditions.

Starbone: uhh... works with Sigil that adds messengers to your deck, but wow... too slow.

Wild Claws: Slow. The "if it has overwhelm" I assume means your allied unit needs overwhelm. Maybe a Darius deck would 1-of this as a finisher... idk. It's a spell, so the 5 mana isn't that bad.

The Cloven Way: This is just so expensive. HOWEVER, the fact it has nightfall means it will see play since you can get it off the spell that creates nightfall cards. This has a lot of stats going for it... maybe it sees play, but Nightfall decks aren't really in style right now. That could change. The best use case for this is to obviously play it on a Defensive turn so that you can get a free attack in on your offense. But it can be a decent defensive tool too. Only working against Followers for the 2nd stun is a big weak spot.

Molten Breath: Slow. But it's a spell, so it might be better than we think. Maybe it can replace Judgement in Zoe/ASol decks. 2 Mana cheaper and works from the bench. Some potential here.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It feels good to be back after almost a 3 months hiatus, well since PS5 came out really.

I still love the game a lot, but was a bit burned out from playing too much(for me) and lack of time(PS5). I still watch some Mogwai videos though so kept up to date with the game. Also good time to be back with event, new champion and balance patch.

Played last 3 evenings, and had a total blast. I'm looking forward to getting the new cards and playing some new stuff. I don't know how good Aphelios will end up being but he seems fun as hell to play, you need a flowchart with you to be able to know how to get the weapons you want 2 turns down the line.

I'm looking forward to playing more. :)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So,

Could somebody explain the decision of picking the phases? They highlight the words but give no descriptor. Why do I choose one over the other?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The next moon weapon you get is the one you pick. It's not super clear at all ,I agree

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I played some last night.
Lots of interesting things being tried. I have no idea what will shake out.

Flurry of Fists seems to be hitting a lot of aggressive decks. It's probably the strongest card here.
Aphelios has potential, seems strong, maybe I'm biased though. I don't think there's a clear S-tier deck for him yet. I saw him mixed with lots of different regions/champs. I feel he'll be in a S-tier deck. The flexibility he provides is great. I saw him with Yasuo in a stun deck, you just keep picking the stun weapon. And I saw him with Zoe, Lee Sin, Riven, etc.
The Landmark was seeing a lot of play, seems good imo.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So,

Could somebody explain the decision of picking the phases? They highlight the words but give no descriptor. Why do I choose one over the other?

The next moon weapon you get is the one you pick. It's not super clear at all ,I agree

I agree it's extremely poorly implemented, and unintuitive at first. Fairly obvious once you know how it works, but they should definitely make it clearer.

Basically they are showing you 2 version of the Moon Weapon you are playing, the only difference is the name of the weapon it will Phase into at the bottom. It's not clear, and also requires you to memorize all the weapons Name and effect(not really a huge deal after a while I guess).

I'd prefer if the presentation was in 2 rows...the top row showing the Moon Weapon you are playing, the bottom row showing the 2 Options so you could see the cards themselves. Would work on PC and Tablets, not sure how they could do it for Phones though. At the end of the day, I think it needs to be clearer.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Aphelios is pretty much everything that is wrong with LoL and a big part of the reason why it has seen massive decline. Doublelift had to give his team a seminar on how the champion actually works lol. Seems it's transferred over into LoR. I really don't get why they're adding that cancer ass champ when there's so many staple old school champs that aren't in the game yet. Malphite, Morde, Warwick, Udyr. Annie, Irelia....like so many options.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m really enjoy playing Aphelios with the way Moon Weapons works. It’s so versatile and with phasing making you plan a few turns ahead is very rewarding.

The downside so far is that most games involving Aphelios are extremely long. Especially since a lot of them involves Invoke mechanic and Hush which with Moon weapons gives so many options to counter and slow down your opponent.

I don’t believe he’s OP exactly but he might be too flexible, I’ve seen him in a lot of different decks so far which seems to be fairly competitive for normal mode at least as I don’t play ranked.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think he is a little too strong due to flexibility. I've only been playing him and almost every match is vs other aphelios decks, and they are almost all different too

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Gee, a single card that can do half a dozen completely different things is OP? Who'd of thought?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played with Viktor last night got him to 20 attack. He had regen and lifesteal among other things. He had Spellshield and I had 2 Bastions to protect him.

It took forever but finally got elusive at the end for the kill. Fun times. :)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Man, I love Viktor, 10 attack elusive, life steal, spellshield...and scout. Opponent had no elusive to block so 2 attacks that kills him and heals me back to full. I’m having such a blast right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
awesome :)
I see him sometimes, but I think he's a little slow, and all the work you put into him can be erased fairly quickly.
He's in a better spot since last patch for sure though.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Since I had some quests to play expeditions which I hadn’t done in a very long time, I gave it a try. I had some fun, there are a lot of possible combinations now. I didn’t do too great with 2 expeditions of 4 wins only but it was fun change of pace and completed the quests which was the goal really.

I also had some quest in labs so I did Labs of Legends I think it’s called which is pretty awesome. You pick a Champion, a passive power and need to win a bunch of games against AI. You get new cards with ”items” which are buffs of those cards, and new passives. I chose to start with Aphelios and lost against Thresh, my hp was too low when I got to him, didn’t realize you kept the same HP pool for first few games. My second attempt went much better again with Aphelios, this time my passive was Rally at the start of each round...that’s is powerful. Then I got Ashe, and another passive which made my allies have challenger on the turn they are summoned. It went super easy so far, still have a few games to play to complete Aphelios but pretty confident with the deck so far.

It‘s tons of fun.

Having a really good time, taking a break did me good...normal games, expeditions, labs and the event have all been great.

Apehlios will probably see a nerf, I wonder what they’ll do to him. He’s much less frequent now tough. He’s in a strange position though in my opinion. Aphelios himself is fine as a Champion, the issue is with the Moon Weapons, individually each is fairly but the fact that you can do so many things with makes them way too versatile and in the end makes Aphelios a bit too strong.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The new single player Lab is the best one they have done.

I do a little better in expedition and mainly do them for the quests. I still wish they would retune the "Special" border cards. Some of them look pretty good and others look like the card with a gray border.

They seriously need a gem sink in this game.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The next tournament is this upcoming weekend I believe, but unless something starts clicking I doubt I'll make it. Spent most of the weekend trying to get LP. Got to like 90 LP then fall back to 0. Need to go on a 6 or 7 win streak but it's tough.

Sucks to gain 15 then lose 25.

The aphelios/tf meta is kinda tough.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Labs of Legends update, I failed with Aphelios which had dominated all the matches until the one that summons a turret at the start of each round. I had a horrible hand, and was never able to recover from the bad start.

I love the mode, decided to try with Lulu, it's looking like with Aphelios, awesome start so far, most matches not really close. I hope I can win this one, I'm 0-2 so far in this mode which is till a blast though.

I do need to play some expedition for a quests though.