Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I wasn't expecting to see Jarvan. Looks neat. More rallies and "free attacks" for Demacia.

Demacia is one of my least favorite regions, so hard to evaluate. Seems like Elites get a lot more support.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Let's look at these cards, first I don't like playing Demacia as a region.

Jarvan IV: He looks fun, I'll be very afraid of open attacks from Demacia on turn 6 where he will be summoned at burst speed challenging the strongest ennemy and have Barrier. You're going to have to prepare for this big time. I have 2 questions though about this effect. First does he need to be in your hand or can be summoned from the deck? Second is how exactly does it work, is he automatically summoned if you have the mana, or do you have a trigger it somehow? I don't find the video very clear on that. He can be leveled up in hand, so should be somewhat easy to level up. His leveled up version seems very good because a challenger with barrier each round could be pretty sick.

Cataclysm: Jarvan IV signature spell and created each round start once he's levelled up. I think it's a good card, being slow means there's a lot of ways to counter it but still I think very good, especially since with Jarvan IV you don't need to main deck it. As far as main decking it, it's still decent even if countereable. I mean you get a free attack with 1 ally, and if that ally has an effect that occurs when attacking it could trigger twice in a round, or even once during your opponent attack phase.

Penitent Squire/Tattered Banner: I think it's a great card, 2/2 for 1 mana is decent even if you don't behold an Elite. If you do behold an Elite, this is a great card as Tattered Banner is great, "Grant" challenger to the next ally you summon this round is really nice. Can be great in a deck with ally with regen, quick attack, or overwhelm...lots of potential. Would combo great with Jarvan IV, cast Tattered Banner and open attack and have Jarvan IV have permanent Challenger. Lots of potential...obviously really dependent on having a viable elite deck.

Battlefield Prowess: I don't see it, permanent +1/+1 for 1 mana is ok, but not sure it's enough to cut something else that might have bigger impact than this. I don't think this is very good.

Honored Lord: Good statline for a 2 drop. Effect is decent, the thing is that it's an elite which may make it way more viable than first appear. I think it will have a home in Elite decks if they are a thing...and it looks like they might be.

Golden Aegis: Relentless Pursuit for 1 more mana that gives an ally Barrier. I'm not sure why I would play this over Relentless Pursuit to be honest, 1 mana is a huge difference. Generally speaking when you generally rally it's because you are at an advantage already so I am not sure getting a Barrier would be that good over 1 less mana.

Gallant Rider: I have trouble evaluating this a bit, I think it will be situational. It's not great if you have to pay extra mana to get give it challenger to turn into a 5/5 with tough. Now with Grand Plaza where it comes into play with Challenger and you attack with it, it's great...since you essentially pull a 5/5 with tough with challenger this round for 4 mana. It's another Elite though that summons an Elite.

King Jarvan III: Horrible stats for 7 mana. His effect is great though, drawing you Jarvan IV is pretty good especially if played on defense since you can summon Jarvan IV during your open attack the next turn. What makes the effect great though is the alternative effect if Jarvan IV is in play giving allies scout and challenger will most likely be a massive play. I think it's a pretty good card that could be versatile.

I still don't like Demacia, but Jarvan makes it more interesting for sure.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
There are a lot of stats with this package and I gotta believe demacia will have a really good deck. Demacia has always been relevant and it looks like that will continue.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting new Keyword.

Predict (2).jpg

lor reveal.png

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
looks neat.

I'd say most of these look promising. Also full card art for Aspiring Chronomancer has Zilean in it. So I guess this is Zilean support cards.

I can see some lines of mid-range/aggro here. The Landmarks both seem good imo.
Xenotype is kinda nuts, adding +9/+9 stats to cards, then you try to predict them out. Slow, but might be fine.

In the Lore, Zilean is from Icathia
"Icathia is a lost city bordering Shurima in the southeast part of the Southern Continent."

Another champion from here is Jax.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Xenotype reseacrhers are something that I do not like. It is .../random. You could get the benefit off the next 3 creatures you draw or never see the benefit. At least you get the 3/3 body but still. Predict actually helps to decrease the random at least. I am never in favor of random when it has this kind of potential.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Xenotype reseacrhers are something that I do not like. It is .../random. You could get the benefit off the next 3 creatures you draw or never see the benefit. At least you get the 3/3 body but still. Predict actually helps to decrease the random at least. I am never in favor of random when it has this kind of potential.

The power creep has been incredible with this game. I don't see it being much of an issue unless people can limit the targets available for it. Predict looks awesome and powerful.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, here are my thoughts on these.

First "Predict" keyword, I like it. Allowing to have some control on your next draw is kind of nice, almost insuring you that you'll have something you should be able to play, or something you need or in worse case scenario avoid something you don't want by not having a 9 drop draw in turn 2. It also seems to have a very lost "cost" as the cards shown here with it seems to be "Costed" pretty normally.

Ancient Preparation: It looks pretty good, first you get to predict which should have a decent chance of something useful for your next draw, and the little tempo loss is offset by having a 1 mana 2/2 in two turns. The real strength in my opinion is getting a Prediction early which can benefit other cards in a significant manner.

Clockling: Token from Ancient Preparation, so good enough for what it is.

Aspiring Chronomancer: Vanilla stats for a 2 mana card, early Prediction which is probably why you want it to enable some of the other cards. Should see play in Predict decks but that's it.

Xenotype Researchers: A little understated but not much, effect is great though. 3/3 on 3 cards that's a lot of added stats. Play this in an overwhelm deck to get some dangerous value out of them. Hit cards like Zed, Silverwing Vanguard, Navori Highwayman, Evershade Stalker...or any cards that make a copy of a card to get more value from the buff. It has a lot of potential I think.

Khahiri The Student: This will most likely always come out as a 4/4 for 3 mana which is pretty good, only going to be played in Predict decks though.

Khahiri The Returned: Low base stats but has the potential to grow, he could come up pretty big in late games if you get to predict him more than once, or if he gets buffed by a Xenotype Researcher as I assume the copy will have the buffs. Again only going to see play in Predict decks.

Preservarium: I think this is decent, draw 2 for 2 mana, just a few turns apart.

Promising Future: I don't think it's very good right now with the Landmark with Countdown that we've seen. Getting a 2nd Clocking from Ancient Preparation is not worth 4 mana, neither is drawing an extra card. The Sun Disc would in theory summon 2 of all your Ascendants which may be ok, but most likely simply be "win more" so not sure the card is any good right now.

All in all, most of these seems good but limited to Predict decks only, hopefully there will be a few viable version.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, here are my thoughts on these.

First "Predict" keyword, I like it. Allowing to have some control on your next draw is kind of nice, almost insuring you that you'll have something you should be able to play, or something you need or in worse case scenario avoid something you don't want by not having a 9 drop draw in turn 2. It also seems to have a very lost "cost" as the cards shown here with it seems to be "Costed" pretty normally.

Ancient Preparation: It looks pretty good, first you get to predict which should have a decent chance of something useful for your next draw, and the little tempo loss is offset by having a 1 mana 2/2 in two turns. The real strength in my opinion is getting a Prediction early which can benefit other cards in a significant manner.

Clockling: Token from Ancient Preparation, so good enough for what it is.

Aspiring Chronomancer: Vanilla stats for a 2 mana card, early Prediction which is probably why you want it to enable some of the other cards. Should see play in Predict decks but that's it.

Xenotype Researchers: A little understated but not much, effect is great though. 3/3 on 3 cards that's a lot of added stats. Play this in an overwhelm deck to get some dangerous value out of them. Hit cards like Zed, Silverwing Vanguard, Navori Highwayman, Evershade Stalker...or any cards that make a copy of a card to get more value from the buff. It has a lot of potential I think.

Khahiri The Student: This will most likely always come out as a 4/4 for 3 mana which is pretty good, only going to be played in Predict decks though.

Khahiri The Returned: Low base stats but has the potential to grow, he could come up pretty big in late games if you get to predict him more than once, or if he gets buffed by a Xenotype Researcher as I assume the copy will have the buffs. Again only going to see play in Predict decks.

Preservarium: I think this is decent, draw 2 for 2 mana, just a few turns apart.

Promising Future: I don't think it's very good right now with the Landmark with Countdown that we've seen. Getting a 2nd Clocking from Ancient Preparation is not worth 4 mana, neither is drawing an extra card. The Sun Disc would in theory summon 2 of all your Ascendants which may be ok, but most likely simply be "win more" so not sure the card is any good right now.

All in all, most of these seems good but limited to Predict decks only, hopefully there will be a few viable version.

I'm not really excited about any of these but they do look neat.

I forgot clockwork cards destroy themselves when the effect goes off.

It all depends how Zilean looks. My first reaction is this deck will be bad. Looks too much like Lulu. Lots of setup cards that rarely come together for the final payoff

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
3-2 should have been 4-1.
Oh well. If not 5-0 then it doesn't matter.

I tried to counter the tf/aphelios meta.
Went
discard aggro jinx/draven/teemo
Pirate aggro mf/gp
Anivia control

Most banned was pirate aggro.

I started every round 1-0 except round 4.
In round 3 I had Anivia left and after losing to teemo/ez/sej as expected, I played against ez/Draven which should have been a guaranteed win..

20 cards into deck and I never draw a glutton or harrowing. Enemy dropped 2 farrons and I ate all 4 decimate and he only won because he lucked into the 6 drop stun guy off tri-beam.. lol.

Screenshot_20210221-212324_LoR.jpg

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Went
Pirate aggro mf/gp
Anivia control

In round 3 I had Anivia left and after losing to teemo/ez/sej as expected, I played against ez/Draven which should have been a guaranteed win..

20 cards into deck and I never draw a glutton or harrowing. Enemy dropped 2 farrons and I ate all 4 decimate and he only won because he lucked into the 6 drop stun guy off tri-beam.. lol.

View attachment 336783

That sucks but good job getting in. I'm really hating the TF/Aphelios meta tbh. It has hindered my desire to play as much.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

Went
Pirate aggro mf/gp
Anivia control

View attachment 336783

Grats on making it to the tournament, better luck next time.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
That sucks but good job getting in. I'm really hating the TF/Aphelios meta tbh. It has hindered my desire to play as much.
Yea the grind has been draining. I eventually just went Discard Aggro and flew up the ranks to get qualified.

I peaked at 230 LP which was almost top 100. Then I went back to 0 LP practicing for the tournament with Anivia deck LOL.

Almost went 3 aggro decks but I couldn't find anything as reliable as Discard/Pirates.

What I liked about my lineup is it handles Lee Sin & Fiora/Shen rather well too. I basically aimed to be a mid-range killer and I banned out any deck with a big late game.
I often banned Aphelios/Invoke decks. Since invoke can be a pretty hard counter to Anivia.

The 1 deck I didn't account for was Ez/Draven, where I had a 50% win rate I think. Lost to it in both round 3 & 4 unfortunately.
I think I played against that deck 4x in the tournament. It shouldn't be that bad of a match up... 50% isn't terrible, but it did provide 2 critical losses.

---

Today should be Zilean reveal. We should get a better idea how this Predict deck will look

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Was not expecting Taliyah.
So much here to digest.
Looking decent from the start

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, this looks fun as hell. I’ll have to think about these more before I give my opinion because there’s so many new things happening.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user