Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Disturbing looking combo with Trundle/Lissandra/Ionia

Required in Hand by Turn 8:
Lissandra
Ice Pillar
Retreat X2
8 Drop Unit

Sequence:
Turn 5: Trundle
Turn 8:
  1. Ice Pillar (8 cost #1)
  2. Retreat
  3. Ice Pillar (8 cost #2)
  4. Retreat
  5. Ice Pillar (8 cost #3)
  6. Play an 8 Cost unit (8 cost #4)
  7. Return Lissandra
  8. Return Watcher
  9. Attack

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Disturbing looking combo with Trundle/Lissandra/Ionia

Required in Hand by Turn 8:
Lissandra
Ice Pillar
Retreat X2
8 Drop Unit

Sequence:
Turn 5: Trundle
Turn 8:
  1. Ice Pillar (8 cost #1)
  2. Retreat
  3. Ice Pillar (8 cost #2)
  4. Retreat
  5. Ice Pillar (8 cost #3)
  6. Play an 8 Cost unit (8 cost #4)
  7. Return Lissandra
  8. Return Watcher
  9. Attack

It won't work, not enough mana. 2 Retreat and 2 Return require 6 mana total plus the 8 mana for Ice Pillar. This combo would require a total of 14 mana to pull off in 1 turn.

Imagine a turn 8 where you start with 8 Mana + 3 Spell Mana

1. Ice Pillar for 8 mana and Refund 8: 8 mana + 3 Spell Mana left.
2. Retreat for 2 Spell Mana: 8 Mana - 1 Spell Mana left
3. Ice Pillar for 8 Mana and Refund 8: 8 Mana + 1 Spell Mana
4. Retreat for 1 Spell Mana + 1 Mana: 7 Mana left
5. Cannot cast 3rd Ice pillar Combo ends here...

Unless my math is wrong and I missed something. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It won't work, not enough mana. 2 Retreat and 2 Return require 6 mana total plus the 8 mana for Ice Pillar. This combo would require a total of 14 mana to pull off in 1 turn.

Imagine a turn 8 where you start with 8 Mana + 3 Spell Mana

1. Ice Pillar for 8 mana and Refund 8: 8 mana + 3 Spell Mana left.
2. Retreat for 2 Spell Mana: 8 Mana - 1 Spell Mana left
3. Ice Pillar for 8 Mana and Refund 8: 8 Mana + 1 Spell Mana
4. Retreat for 1 Spell Mana + 1 Mana: 7 Mana left
5. Cannot cast 3rd Ice pillar Combo ends here...

Unless my math is wrong and I missed something. :)

Ice pillar refills mana.

Edit: I see what you're saying actually mb. It was mentioned by a streamer so I'm not sure what they were thinking exactly, but BBG/Swim/etc all agreed it would be some sort of good combo so idk

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
EvFjtfaXMAAjGnu

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'll avoid writing out long text of these.

I'll just say, I think Kindred looks really strong and will see a lot of play.
Her supporting cards are a little odd.
Spirit Journey seems the best.
Mask Mother has potential (only copies positive keywords confirmed btw, so doesnt get ephemeral).
Lamb Respite maybe a combo piece for an Out of the Way deck or something, niche/meme deck
Unto Dusk looks good enough

Song of the Isles -> Mask Mother looks like an intentional combo package if you want Lifesteal + stats, I guess.

End

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Kindred: I think it's great, 4/4 with Quick Attack is pretty good, the real strength is it's ability. Marking and killing the weakest enemy is really strong. Weakest enemy can be a really big unit if it's the only thing left on the board. Kill a 1/1 that leaves an 8/8 alone on the board and it will be marked and die at the end. It's level up should be fairly easy, and the possibility to grow by +2/+2 each round is good too. I can see this in a few different decks.

Spirit Journey: It's pretty good, has a lot of versatility in casting this to protect one of your unit(acts like a Deny), or removing an enemy that's attacking.

Fading Icon: Doesn't look great, but I think it may find a place in Slay decks as it summons a 0/1 that can be used to combo with some cards in Shadow Isles that require killing your own unit.

Lamb's Respite: I'm sure someone will find a use for this that I don't see.

Song of the Isles: It has interesting potential, but I don't think it's great, it's not bad either.

Mask Mother: This I think might be good, it has the potential to do some cool stuff like with Undying.

Unto Dusk: I think this might see some play in Nightfall deck, draw 1 for 2 mana is not bad. There's a few Nightfall effect that would be good to trigger again. Also it's low cost may make it useful to cast first for the draw only, allowing you to play a nightfall card after.

Spirit Leech: Really bad statline, but drawing 2 is good. It might see play in an undying type deck to get more cards while killing a unit that benefits from dying.

The Etherfiend: This looks bad, but you get 2 Slay out of it, probably a 3rd from defending or attacking. I don't see this being played much.

Overall Kindred is awesome, Spirit Journey looks good...rest seems a bit underwhelming especially compared to other reveal so far.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This card reveal has a lot of juicy stuff. I'm liking it a lot. Not saying any of this will see competitive, but anyway...

Dragon Chow:
1 mana draw 1 and give your dragon +1/+1. Nice little card that can be considered for dragon decks. Allows you to try and level Shyvana faster too.

Towering Stonehorn:
Nice text but it won't be very impactful. Ruination, Vengeance, Freezes, Obliterates all still work. Shouldn't see play.

Lost Riches:
Treasures now possible in decks that aren't Deep/Sea Monster. I feel like this card actually sees play, especially since Bilgewater / TF decks are everywhere, maybe they do a 1-of just for the late game treasure.

Loaded Dice:
Meme card kind of but for Nab decks I feel this card definitely sees play. It can be abused with Karma to possibly mill the enemy. Might see a deck built around this card.

Ancestral Boon:
Tough to see it really. Nice powerful effect when enlightened but those types of decks don't have too many units in deck to take advantage I think.

Spoils of War:
Looks bad.

Startipped Peak:
Not being able to pick the celestials makes this a bit weak. I don't see it.

Destiny's Call:
Oh boy. This card could become toxic really fast. Allows you to prepare a unit in hand to use as an Atrocity target. Or throw on 1 mana elusive, fizz, or on any card that duplicates itself. Could see some play in very specific decks. Using Battle Fury was already a card that served a similar purpose, but the advantage here is that it's a Targon card and you can play it in advance so you still have full mana when the unit is dropped.

Sea Scarab:
I love this for trying to power to Deep. Not sure how good/consistent, but looks worthy of trying. And in Deep it's a nice 2 mana 4/5. Deep decks won't turn down a little early game help, so looks good imo!

Soulspinner:
A bit too average I think. Maybe it finds a spot. Comparable to getting a 4/3 off Cursed Keeper, except this has Fearsome and is 1 more mana. That 1 more mana is a big deal. Looks too awkward in a Cursed Keeper/Butcher deck where you need enough tokens to sac.

Shadow Apprentice:
Doesn't look competitive but maybe I'm missing something.

Field Musicians:
Looks like a nice Draw Engine + mana. Looks very comparable to the Targon Landmark except instead of +1/+1 you get a card, and instead of +2 mana you get +3 spell mana. It doesn't look bad at all.

Crimson Bloodletter:
This is the 2nd 1 drop this expansion that's a 1/2 and can gain infinite power. It's effect is really nice for Vlad decks & perhaps other situations. Looks good.

Shrieking Spinner:
Grant attack for spider decks, it's a thick body too. Looks good for spider aggro.

Strength in Numbers:
8 mana in an aggro deck? Yikes. Though aggro does make less use of Spell Mana, so you do this Turn 5 for 2 marauders and when they attack they become 5/4 each. A legion marauder deck does sound funny. I'll be surprised if it ends up working.

Production Surge:
Funny card. Could potentially fill your board with turrets. It might be comparable to Harrowing, except the units stick around and you have a bit more flexibility in how & when it is played. Could actually be a very viable card for any deck in P&Z. Can be a card you play on either offense or defense.

Concurrent Timelines:
And now we've reached full Hearthstone.
This card has insane potential for a number of reasons and I actually think it needs some nerfs NOW.

First off, the mechanics as confirmed by Riot devs work as such:
The unit you play will trigger it's play effect, THEN you are presented with 3 cards to transform it into.

That means:
1.) Ledros will present you with Dreadway 60% of the time and will threaten to end the game on the spot.
2.) Corina, same as Ledros, except might not end the game on the spot, but does up to 10 damage.
3.) Having any 0 mana card will 100% present you with Butcher / Cask / Specter. So 0 mana 3/2 will always happen.
4.) Just having insane flexibility the first unit played is INSANE.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This card reveal has a lot of juicy stuff. I'm liking it a lot. Not saying any of this will see competitive, but anyway...

Dragon Chow:
1 mana draw 1 and give your dragon +1/+1. Nice little card that can be considered for dragon decks. Allows you to try and level Shyvana faster too.

Towering Stonehorn:
Nice text but it won't be very impactful. Ruination, Vengeance, Freezes, Obliterates all still work. Shouldn't see play.

Lost Riches:
Treasures now possible in decks that aren't Deep/Sea Monster. I feel like this card actually sees play, especially since Bilgewater / TF decks are everywhere, maybe they do a 1-of just for the late game treasure.

Loaded Dice:
Meme card kind of but for Nab decks I feel this card definitely sees play. It can be abused with Karma to possibly mill the enemy. Might see a deck built around this card.

Ancestral Boon:
Tough to see it really. Nice powerful effect when enlightened but those types of decks don't have too many units in deck to take advantage I think.

Spoils of War:
Looks bad.

Startipped Peak:

Destiny's Call:
Oh boy. This card could become toxic really fast. Allows you to prepare a unit in hand to use as an Atrocity target. Or throw on 1 mana elusive, fizz, or on any card that duplicates itself. Could see some play in very specific decks. Using Battle Fury was already a card that served a similar purpose, but the advantage here is that it's a Targon card and you can play it in advance so you still have full mana when the unit is dropped.

Sea Scarab:
I love this for trying to power to Deep. Not sure how good/consistent, but looks worthy of trying. And in Deep it's a nice 2 mana 4/5. Deep decks won't turn down a little early game help, so looks good imo!

Soulspinner:
A bit too average I think. Maybe it finds a spot. Comparable to getting a 4/3 off Cursed Keeper, except this has Fearsome and is 1 more mana. That 1 more mana is a big deal. Looks too awkward in a Cursed Keeper/Butcher deck where you need enough tokens to sac.

Shadow Apprentice:

Field Musicians:
Looks like a nice Draw Engine + mana. Looks very comparable to the Targon Landmark except instead of +1/+1 you get a card, and instead of +2 mana you get +3 spell mana. I doesn't look bad at all.

Crimson Bloodletter:
This is the 2nd 1 drop this expansion that's a 1/2 and can gain infinite power. It's effect is really nice for Vlad decks & perhaps other situations. Looks good.

Shrieking Spinner:
Grant attack for spider decks, it's a thick body too. Looks good for spider aggro.

Strength in Numbers:
8 mana in an aggro deck? Yikes. Though aggro does make less use of Spell Mana, so you do this Turn 5 for 2 marauders and when they attack they become 5/4 each. A legion marauder deck does sound funny. I'll be surprised if it ends up working.

Production Surge:
Funny card. Could potentially fill your board with turrets. It might be comparable to Harrowing, except the units stick around and you have a bit more flexibility in how & when it is played. Could actually be a very viable card for any deck in P&Z. Can be a card you play on either offense or defense.

Concurrent Timelines:
This card has insane potential for a number of reasons and I actually think it needs some nerfs NOW.

The unit you play will trigger it's play effect, THEN you are presented with 3 cards to transform it into.

That means:
1.) Ledros will present you with Dreadway 60% of the time and will threaten to end the game on the spot.
2.) Corina, same as Ledros, except might not end the game on the spot, but does up to 10 damage.
3.) Having any 0 mana card will 100% present you with Butcher / Cask / Specter. So 0 mana 3/2 will always happen.
4.) Just having insane flexibility every single unit played is INSANE.

I'm not going to write up anything since I mostly agree with you on these.

Concurrent Timelines. It's a stupid concept whether it's good or not...this will never ever be fun to play against.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Dragon Chow:

Towering Stonehorn:

Lost Riches:

Loaded Dice:

Ancestral Boon:

Spoils of War:
Looks bad.

Startipped Peak:

Destiny's Call:

Sea Scarab:

Soulspinner:

Shadow Apprentice:

Field Musicians:
Looks like a nice Draw Engine + mana. Looks very comparable to the Targon Landmark except instead of +1/+1 you get a card, and instead of +2 mana you get +3 spell mana. It doesn't look bad at all.

Crimson Bloodletter:

Shrieking Spinner:

Strength in Numbers:

Production Surge:

Concurrent Timelines:

That means:
4.) Just having insane flexibility the first unit played is INSANE.

Great post. Concurrent Timelines is exactly like Hearthstone and a big negative to me. You've already posted some of the absolutely worst possible outcomes and their very high likelihoods of happening. Not only is it a ridiculous ability, it's way too cheap. It also can hurt future development. Anything they make after this will need to be tested for what CT could bring out. This will be a problem card for as long as it exists.

The lack of play testing is exactly why I quit playing Hearthstone. Every single expansion had broken mechanics and cards that were obviously broken. The least amount of testing showed how broken they were and players were abusing the hell out of them on Day 1. They just quit testing their product at all before releases. This feels like a card that wasn't tested properly and a huge problem for me.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Reputation: seems hard to get off, especially early. Right now I'm not too impressed with the payoff.

Sivir: looking good. Not much negative about her really. Spellshield and Quick Attack are really awesome keywords. Her level 1 form is perhaps one of the strongest level 1 champions in the game.

Ricochet: when it costs 3 then it looks rather amazing. But there are a lot of variables with this card. It can RNG you a victory... or RNG you a defeat. If you add barrels or anything that increases the damage, it could be devastating. Especially if on an empty board and it all goes to the nexus. Presumably it'll do 10 damage with only 1 barrel.

Waking Sands: looks bad, but it is only 2 mana for a 5/2 with ephemeral. Maybe you can use it in combination with Ionia and death mark. 5 mana to summon a 5/2 and ephemeral an enemy.

Sandswept Tomb: expensive and slow, but I'm curious about having this in a rally or scouts deck. It's probably just too slow.

Boomerang blade: Can level Sivir off this more easily, or make fiora with shurima much more viable. Slow speed does ding it pretty hard though. Might just be too hard to use.

Callous Bonecrusher: even when it costs 2, whenever that happens is probably at a point in the game where a 2 mana 6/3 won't be very impactful. I'm not seeing it.

Ruin Runner: looking really strong. Having both overwhelm and spellshield is kinda insane. This looks to be an auto include in most shurima decks. Reminds me a lot of pre nerf grizzled ranger. You just had to use him in every demacia deck.

Inner sanctum. Seems a bit slow. The lucky finds are Grant and they could be really good. I can't rule this card out, especially since we have a lot of landmark interaction in shurima. Could see a lot of play.

Payday: 2 mana create a keyword. And you have about a 30% shot at getting a keyword you're looking for. Could be good.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Reputation: I like the concept, similar to Deep in a way...meet a certain condition and from that point forward certain cards have different cost or effects. Requirement seems ok, it's a bit slow but it's permanent afterwards. The cards we've seen with the Reputation keywords though are underwhelming which obviously makes the concept less interesting for now. So right now, interesting but bad.

Sivir: Strong level 1 form, really strong level 2 form but feels like she'll be hard to level up. 35 damage seems like a lot. Having Spellshield and Quick Attack with 5 attack means she'll be very hard to remove, you need either 2 removal, or be blocking with something with 6 health or more to survive the quick attack. Probably best way to deal with her will be via Challengers and Vulnerable. I think she'll be competitive, but maybe a bit too straightforward for me.

Ricochet: It's decent when Reputation triggers but pretty awful otherwise. It's very random though so not something you can rely on to remove specific threats. Might find room in certain decks but I don't think it will be truly competitive.

Walking Sands: 2 mana for a 5/2 ephemeral is ok, the 5 damage works for Reputation I guess. I'm not too familiar with the Ephemeral archtype so I don't know if that would fit in it or not.

Sandswept Tomb: Costly, but it's an engine that gives you an extra 5/2 each time you attack. I think it's decent. If you play this on your attack turn you don't really lose much tempo as you'll get a 5/2 during your attack, and it will only start really paying off after that. As mentioned, could work well in a Rally or Scout deck or maybe even in an Ephemeral deck.

Boomerang Blade: Slow makes it way too hard to play, this will fizzles too often to be reliable in my opinion. I will almost need to be played on a unit with a Spellshield to reliably hit, which would force 2 spells to counter which would probably make it ok. All in all I think it's bad.

Callous Bonecrusher: Doesn't look good, again as mentioned by the Reputation effect can trigger this will be a bad card even at 2 mana.

Ruin Runner: This is a very strong card, great stats for an overwhelm unit...the Spellshield is what makes it shine though. It will see a lot of play.

Inner Sanctum: This looks pretty good as the Lucky Finds are good. Even at 3 mana this isn't that bad, at 0 it's just great and with a Countdown of 1 it doesn't leave much opportunity for the opponent to deal with it.

Payday: I think this is good, and could see play in a few decks I think.

I hope we get to see a lot more Reputation cards as the concept is neat but these cards are mostly not great with it.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve been enjoying the Lab of Legend, it’s really fun. The passives and buff you get to cards can lead to some really crazy plays.

This is the match before the final boss. Go Mountain Goats go!!!

58F4658A-7214-43C6-A39F-6C240D8640B9.jpeg

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea I like it, gotta admit that some of the champs I had to retry more than a few times, and when you lose at the auto bots stage and need to start over that's kinda annoying lol.

I think riven gave me the most trouble. That starter deck is ass.

I just have 1 more champ left until I've finished them all.